Ignition lock broken

Freddiegaff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car to Nissan Canterbury have some work done (including tracking and wheel alignment).  They took it to a tyre garage for the alignment, and there they could not get the ignition key to work.

Nissan had another key made that didn't work, then had the lock taken off and sent to a locksmith who said the insides had disintegrated.  They now want to charge me £350+ for the repair.

I have never had so much as a wiggle with the ignition lock, but they say apparently it can just happen at any time and they are not responsible.  All I know is that I took a working car to them, and now it does not work.

Any advice on my options?

Whats the model ?.....most replacement parts for the steering lock are under £50...easy yo replace yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Nissan+ignition+lock+replacement&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My 2009 Kia Ceeds ignition broke without any warning. This happened around 2005. Luckily it was still under warranty.

It can happen any time although they should have contacted you to let you know. £350 sounds steep. 

Edited by Argyll