Replacement for a Faulty Chair is the wrong Size - Who pays Courier Costs - Me or The Retailer?

Stammers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hellooooo
I’m after some advice! Bare with me, bit of a long one!

Back in June I purchased 6 lovely chairs for £700 from a company on EBay.  

They sent them to me at my request at the end of July once I’d moved into my property.

About a month ago I noticed the stitching coming undone on one of the chairs  

I asked for a replacement as you dont expect that from a chair costing over £100. 

The company were great and collected and gave me a replacement no quibble.

However, when I unwrapped the chair it was obviously a smaller, cheaper chair.

Similar, but not the same as what I had.

I complained.  
This is now the issue;

They want me to pay £70 for a courier to collect the chair and for me to receive another.

My question is, should I have to pay this?

It was their mistake in sending me the wrong chair so surely they are liable? 

As you can imagine I am now in a stale mate with them until one of us gives in 🤷🏻‍♀️

Note:

I have opened an ebay complaint but after talking to eBay they won’t do anything.

I have opened a PayPal complaint to see what happens there but the supplier is yet to respond on PayPal and just responds in broken English through eBay every now and then that he will not send me a replacement chair 🤷🏻‍♀️

• dx100uk changed the title to FaultyTo courier or not to courier that is the question!!
  • dx100uk changed the title to Replacement for a Faulty Chair is the wrong Size - Who pays Courier Costs - Me or The Retailer?

which company are you dealing with?

they are definitely liable for the courier fee but to keep the problem under control and as manageable as possible, the best thing to do is to return the chair to them and then when you get your new chair you can  then sue them for the courier fee.

your chances of success will be almost 100% and it will be interesting for you and you will require some transferable skills.

after that you will feel sufficiently confident to go ahead and sue anybody else who tries to bully you and deprive you of your consumer rights.

Thank you. Keep us updated and if you want to start taking action then we will help you

frankly I would get the chair from him as quickly as possible. You can't even be sure that he has got the chair and he doesn't really sound very reliable.

get the chair then see what PayPal say afterwards and then we will help you bring a claim for whatever amount of money you find yourself out of pocket

I’ve given them a 7 day warning to respond to me then I will go from there. 
So you are saying, pay the courier and get the chair sorted, then start a claim?

my worry is also that they won’t send me a new chair until receipt of the current. I’m kinda leaving myself open to no chair at all with their track record!

Well it's up to you. if it's important to have the chair matching the rest then it seems to me that that should be the priority and you should do whatever is necessary.

Then if you find yourself out of pocket then we will help you get it back.

It's up to you to make your own decisions about your priorities

just post here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You’ll be pleased to hear after giving them 7 days notice that I would be taking the matter further they have sent me the correct chair and collected the wrong chair without making me pay for the courier.
Makes me so angry that they tried to get away with replacing my chair with a cheaper, different version and refused to take accountability.  Thank you for your help and advice.  

• Like 1

Well done.

Thanks for the update