• Tweets

• When it sounds like a breach of contract which is substantially deprived the purchaser of the entire benefit of the contract – which amounts to a breach of condition which means that the contract can be treated as terminated. After that it section 75 consumer credit act   See if there has been any communication with the finance company. Send them an SAR – do it now.
    • I didn't realise there was much difference, this is my first time doing anything like this so maybe a bit ignorant. Sorry for any offence caused.
    • We probably signed it around Oct 2018 On the original sofa we received back in jan 2019. Harvey’s agreed to replace that one as it basically fell apart within months so the replacement was on the same agreement which we ordered October 2019 We have around £900 outstanding on the finance.     
    • Well don't think I'm being territorial about it, but you come to us for help and then you use templates and advice from other organisations. I don't understand why you mix and match. 28 days is far too long – especially given the difficulties you have had so far. Pre-action protocol only requires 14 days. The 28 day now takes you slap into Christmas and New Year's et cetera and causes additional complications. You should understand that organisations like Which?, Citizens Advice and so forth are all very well but their approach is far too gentle and am afraid that to deal with companies or traders that won't honour their consumer obligations to you, you need to be assertive and keep them on the back foot. I'm not too sure how you think that giving the breeder 28 days rather than 14 days places you at any kind of advantage or that the breeder is likely to be more cooperative. Short, rigid deadlines are far more likely to keep your potential defendant focused on the issues. You have sent the 28 day letter now so there's nothing you can do about it. However I think you need to settle on where you are going to take your advice from and stick with it. We are quite happy to stand aside – and it would be better if you did decide because unlike Which? and citizens Advice we don't get paid and we put our effort in for free.
    • well that's is not correct when did you first report issues and when did you sign the agreement with creation (who will state anything to keep you paying)   dx  
  • Our picks

Bannatynes have extended my membership for 5 months due to Covid.

They are now threatening me with ACL debt collectors.

only wanted to join from October to October as I’m now on nightshift for 12 months but according to them I’ve signed up for 12 payments, not 12 months.  

This means I’ll be forced to pay 5 months membership when they’re not open at the times I’d be able to go.

I just want to leave and never use the place again. I

now detest bannatynes. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Bannatyne issue

nothing they nor any powerless dca can do to you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:rockon:

if you wish.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you read that link i posted to another previous thread here?

it's far easier you read everything there rather than us repeating ourselves here

it lets you understand things for yourself.

dx

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to Bannatyne Gym issue

Hi 321 and welcome to CAG

The link DX gave you above and other threads here will give you a good insight into how to deal with a gym m/ship now gyms are open again, post-Covid.

I assume the DCA you refer to is ARC (Europe) but please confirm.

If the DD mandate is still active, cancel it via your bank to stop them abusing it.

When did you last use the gym at all.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Simply tell them ''in writing'' you don't want them to 'extend' your membership and that is the final word on the matter.

If they persist with their idle threats and intimidation you will gladly lodge a complaint with the CMA.

• Thanks 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, yes it’s Arc.

Signed up in Oct 2019 for 1 year.

Now being told I must pay till March as they stopped taking payments for 5 months.

Before the Covid carry on I was there almost daily.

I’m now being threatened with debt collectors because I’ve missed one £45 payment.

Do I do what trading standards say and complain or just ignore everything?

I’m raging at how unhelpful and unsympathetic the staff are.

I’m determined not to give them any more money. 

Don't bother with what Trading Standards tell you about this - we've had far more experience in dealing with gym m/ships over the years.

1. Have you cancelled the DD mandate - if so, when ?

2. When did you last use the gym, approximately.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

ok but that doesn't give us dates.....

and they

Ok, so I would just ignore demands from ARC for now.

See what they do over the next few weeks and keep us posted ...........