PayPal credit payment with a negative PayPal balance

Wyynnon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

really need some help and advice.

i have a PayPal credit facility with a balance of £400. I owe £270 due this month. I am going to phone them and pay this and clear it as it’s a credit contract and I know they can enforce it.

however alongside that I have a negative PayPal balance of £5000 this is not through the PayPal credit. It shouldn’t have happened and I don’t plan to pay that, at least not now.

if I phone PayPal and pay the credit facility with my debit card will that be ok? Or will they use those details to try and get the money back for the 5k negative balance?

thanks for any help. Whilst I appreciate PayPal credit and the negative balance are separate with them being on 1 page on 1 account I wasn’t sure. 

i believe the credit facility comes with a known sort and A/C number

can you not pay that by BACS transfer from you banks webportal?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice I appreciate that, I ll go give it ago. I don’t suppose you know if it’s legal for them to add the negative 5k to the PayPal credit account? I presumed not, as my credit limit is £400 only and I opted out of credit increases. 

of course its not.

paypal credit is a UK finance deal covered by the consumer credit act

a paypal 'debt' is simply some fictitious figure you have with them in their books held in luxy.

and 9/10 its as a result of one of the many scams they allow to operate on their platform so is an unenforceable debt anyway...walk away.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can’t find an account number or sort code for the PayPal credit facility. However you can pay with an automated system over the phone. So I may have to try that. Looking through everything they only take payment via phone or online.

i ve had to change get a replaced bank card as it was linked to PayPal. Also frustratingly my bank account is, though I ve cancelled the DD. I feel I am going to have to open a new bank account. 

If your account has a negative balance, we may set-off the negative balance with any funds you receive into your account or with the funds you have in a different currency balance. Pending withdrawals may also be cancelled on the account.

https://www.paypal.com/hk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-resolve-a-negative-balance-in-my-paypal-account-faq1905

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if you are lucky you should be able to remove the bank A/C

if you cant

then simply ring your bank and tell them not to honour any paypal payments be them CPA or DD unless you give written approval.

your paypal credit will most probably be through newday uk or paypal uk, regulated by the consumer credit act here in the uk.

and as you say the paypal trading account is listed separately.

there are no examples of a std negative paypal trading account balance being taken from a uk paypal credit facility.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

PayPal credit is sorted and showing as cleared.

the negative balance of nearly 5k remains.

I received the below from moor debt recovery, should I be worried Or will it be ok?

We act on behalf of PAYPAL and would like to speak to you on a personal business matter. Please contact us on 0161 475 2860 or via our website www.mdrl.co.uk as soon as possible. Calls to the above telephone number will be charged at standard rate.

If you would prefer that we call you back please email us at [email protected] with your contact number ensuring that your reference number is quoted.

Our opening hours are Monday to Thursday 7.15am to 9.00pm, Friday 7.15am to 7.00pm and Saturday 8.30am to 4.00pm.

We must stress that we are aware of the current position regarding the virus outbreak and the effect it is having on many people across the country. We would ask that you simply contact us so that we can discuss your circumstances and make sure that we deal with matters correctly.

powerless dca.

and they

and they

Great thank you.

in effect the worse they can do is send letters and call?

They can’t physically arrive and take anything from my property or take me to court?

I don’t want to pay them considering the 5k negative PayPal balance is a farce that wasn’t my fault but they wouldn’t listen initially

Though I don’t want people turning up at door taking stuff or taking me to court.

Can I just say having someone like you to advise is a great relief. Thank you very much. 

Also is your best advice to completely ignore their calls and emails until they give up?

no-one can ever do ANYTHING on a paypal negative balance as long as it's NOWT to do with paypal CREDIT.

yours isn't ....off you go enjoy life.

you've done the right thing by paying the credit agreement off.

:rockon:

• Thanks 1

and they