• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

Hi 

Not sure im on the right page but hopefully you can help

Our employer asked ll employees that hadnt been furloughed to take a 20% salary sacrifice for 3 months and we signed to except this and full payment would be returned this December,

They are now saying that they cant pay these monies back to us, is there anything we can do

Thanks

• Like 1

I don't follow what has happened. So more information please.

Were you expecting your pay to be back to 100% from December?

Or does the paperwork say you get backpay in December?

What did you sign, or have sent to you? What does it say?

I am not sure what salary sacrifice has to do with it - that's usually about pensions/ company cars etc. I think this may be pay cut, or pay delay?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi

Thank you for your reply and help, we signed to except 3 months 20% salary sacrifice back beginning of the year and that it would be paid back in full in December this year, nothing to do with pensions 

Thanks

Ian

Well, you could take them to small claims court. But if they haven't got the money, they haven't got it.

Is there a union?

Also I'd get job hunting.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

To add to what Emmzzi said, did they specifically use the words 'salary sacrifice' in the documentation please? This isn't what I understand by salary sacrifice either.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi

Yes salary sacrifice at 20% of our monthly salary for 3 months and then paid back in full in December 

Thanks again

Ian

I agree that what you describe is not a "salary sacrifice".  It may be that your employer has heard of the term and mistakenly thought it applied here.

It seems to me that you and your colleagues (who weren't furloghed) simply agreed to be paid less because of the current Covid circumstances.

What do you actually mean by:  "... and full payment would be returned this December"?  What did you actually agree to?  You obviously think it means that in December you would get backdated arrears of the 20% you had previously foregone, but it could equally mean that they would just start paying your full salary again, and the 20% you weren't paid has gone forever.

(PS - I notice in a couple of other posts you mention: "... that it would be paid back in full in December this year..."  I'm afraid that is still not necessarily the same as your employer agreeing to pay arrears.  What is the exact wording of what you have agreed to?  Not what you think it says - what it actually says.)

Depending on (1) what your contract of employment says about your wage/salary and (2) what you actually agreed to in terms of a wage/salary reduction, then you are entitled to be paid whatever has been agreed.

But if your employer simply can't afford to pay you because of Covid etc, then they can't afford to pay you with money they don't have.

Are you in a union?