Gemini Parking Solutions:- PCN While Delivering Parcels in Q.E.O.P!

Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated on what to do about this NTK that i just received from my employer for a pcn that my vehicle got on 15/10/20.

I work in the Q.E.O.P delivering parcels and normally i would park in the loading bay, but being as i stopped were i did, i would say that the loading bay was closed off at the time, as that's the only reason i would stop there. 

There is no road markings like Yellow/Red lines or criss crossed boxes and i could of only been there for around 5 mins while delivering parcels and no PCN was attached to my vehicle.

Being as i work in this area, I think I'll probably get a few of these over time and was wanting to know how to deal with them as i been told to ignore them. Thanks, Delivery Driver.

PDF please so we can zoom 

read upload

any road marking on private land are purely tarmac graffiti and have no standing in law.

and anyway all speculative invoices issue for parking have a 10min grace period

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It has been established in several cases that Delivering isn't parking, and in any case if it was the 10 minutes grace would apply.  they would be silly to take a delivery driver to court if on deliveries. Were you in a van or car?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi, Thanks for quick response, I spoke to the security at the delivery point there and i was there for about 15-20 mins, must have been waiting for a collection to be brought down form one of the businesses in the building.

I was in a business marked Mercedes van.

In which case they would be extremely silly to try it on in a court if it got that far, get proofs of delivery and collections from the firm  from your office, just time and date and the company delivered/collected to & from should be fine.  Also don't appeal, save your ammunition for later, for a snotty letter regarding deliveries and its not parking etc,if they send a LBA. If you can get pics of the location and any signage that would be good and post them up as PDF.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They might have some difficulty if you were waiting to get on an occupied loading bay.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

You are dealing with greedy, ignorant crooks who issue tickets like confetti hoping that enough mugs will pay up.

Here is a case Jopson v Homeguard where a Judge tried to define what was classed as parking and not parking

http://nebula.wsimg.com/f6d657adf7df70d27e1dd285688b5701?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

You can read the whole case but the relevant part for you is the Judge's thoughts on point 21

21] 1 Whether a car is parked, or simply stopped, or left for a moment while unloading, or (to take an example discussed in argument) accompanying a frail person inside, must be a question of fact or degree.

I think in the end this was agreed. A

milkman leaving his float to carry bottles to the flat would not be “parked”.

Nor would a postman delivering letters, a wine merchant delivering a case of wine, and nor, I am satisfied, a retailer’s van, or indeed the appellant, unloading an awkward piece of furniture.

Any other approach would leave life in the block of flats close to unworkable, a consideration 9 © Crown Copyright which those instructing Miss Fenwick seemed reluctant to accept.

I am quite satisfied, and I find as a fact, that while the appellant’s car had been stationary for more than a minute and without its driver for the same period (whatever precisely it was), while she carried in her desk, it was not “parked”.

Accordingly, for that reason too, the appellant was not liable to the charge stipulated in the respondent’s notice.