JD Williams account hacked and use by someone else

Spinking
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple days ago i started to receive emails from JD Williams all with orders i did not make totalling £450 ,
two orders with my address listed and another two with a womans name and address in lodnon ( im from wales ) , ,

when i received the confirmation order emails i logged into my account and everything was as it should be (no pending orders) so thought it was a typical junk/scam email,

when i received another order through my email it was bugging me
i used the same email as the username and a very old password and it logged me into a old account i never knew existed , this is the account the orders were made through.

the items were already dispatched so it was to late to cancel ,
i contacted jdwilliams and they put a fraud marker on my account and told me to email jd willimams fraud team ( waiting for a response 4 days later) 

i tracked the hermes delivery today and the items were left on the fraudsters doorstep with a picture taken from hermes for proof of delivery ,
im very worried  and dont know what to do ,
should i contact the police or wait for a response from the investigations team?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

We can help you with this – but you have posted your story in a solid block of text and it makes it very difficult to read – especially if people are trying to really on the telephone.

Please could you post your story again but this time space it and punctuate it so that it is clear and easy to deal with. You will find that you will get a lot more enthusiastic support that way. Thanks

Ok no problem ,

Monday I started to receive order confirmation emails from JDWilliams that i did not make ( 2 watches , football top and 2 perfume totaling £450 )   , i checked my JDWilliams account straight away and everything was as it should be with no pending orders .

Tuesday I received two more emails this time from Hermes delivery service stating that they have received my orders and were out for delivery  , after checking the tracking numbers , one delivery was ordered to my home address and another one to a location is Essex London with a unknown woman's name.

I logged into my JD Williams account again but this time with the same email address but a very old password and it logged me in to a different account that I did not know I had (possibly a very old account that I forgot the password too) or i opened a account with JDwilliams not knowing it is the same company as Ambrose Wilson , hence why i have two accounts. 

I changed all passwords to my accounts

I contacted Jdwilliams via live chat which they put a fraud marker on my account ,   told me to email JDwilliams investigations  (4 days no response)

I kept an eye on the hermes delivery tracking for the address in London , one failed delivery attempt and the second time left on the doorstep , a picture was uploaded to tracking info for proof of delivery.

Where do i stand? should i contact the Police or leave the investigations team get back to me , im worried sick .

Edited by Spinking

Well you should certainly tell the police – it won't do you any good and they won't take any action – but get a crime reference number.

Have you actually lost any money? You should challenge any payments directly with your bank as soon as possible.

I understand that the parcel delivery was undertaken by Hermes and that it was actually left a doorstep. That's pretty amazing that they ever managed to deliver anything without losing it! Have you informed Hermes? I think you should tell Hermes that they have been inadvertently involved in delivering stolen property and that you need details of the address to which they deliver the item. You should get that request to them over their helpline – but also confirm in writing. Get a copy of the Hermes picture and supply that the police as well.

I suppose really the worrying thing is how did they manage to pay for it. Presumably they must have used your credit card which must mean that they would know some details from it. It would be prudent in addition to challenge any payments made, to cancel the card or other cards, to lock them stolen and to order nuance.

It's a right nuisance.

You haven't told us if you've actually lost any money yet or what method was used to pay for the items

Hi thanks for your reply , no money has been taken from my Credit Card as my card was not linked or direct debit was not set up . it is a credit account / catalogue account , no money has been exchanged. 

Edited by Spinking

Well it's a bit of a mystery. But I think you have done the right thing so far. Send them an SAR and see what other information you might be able to find out

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Gillyh said:

Hi

Exactly the same thing has happened to me today. Two order confirmation emails, one for my address and the other (two pairs of trainers) to an address in London.

Please will you start a new thread and we will give you the help and support you need with this.

Please start a new thread

3 minutes ago, Gillyh said:

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly - not something you want to see on your emails on a Sunday night, threw me into a right panic!!

Sorry but once again – please could you start your own thread and tell your story there. It's very unhelpful to you to post a new story on an existing thread as it confuses people and they're not able to give you the help you might. It also causes problems for the person who originally started the thread and who is receiving support on the forum.

Please will you start your own thread