London TV & Fashion Media Limited, Social Media Model, castingavenue

biszkit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I fell into their trap too. Contacted my bank for a debit card dispute but was told they can't help because the contract I signed has a section that says the order cannot be reduced or cancelled once I leave the premises. However, it was sold by deceit and blunt lies, aka in a fraudulent way. Anything I can do to get my money back? 

Multiple websites seem to be leading to the same company. I first came across with castingavenue.co.uk. When I got contacted by Justin James/Wright (he had different names in different emails) the website he referred me to was socialmediamodel.co.uk. The actual company name is
London TV & Fashion Media Limited, Trading As Ga11ery
26a Market Place
Fitzrovia
London
England
W1W 8AW

On the phone with Justin I was asked to pay a refundable deposit of 50GBP to secure my appointment. Justin assured me that this will be refunded on the day of the trial shooting. He also explicitly assured me that I will not have to pay anything for the company for the photo shooting or, if successful, after being offered a job, for they are paid by the brands they refer me to. He told me that in case of a successful application they guarantee a minimum of 4 paid jobs a month for an initial 12 month period. For all this I had to travel to London, again with a sense of urgency, as he said they already have a potential job for me lined up.

The way they communicate is very manipulative on many levels. They speak fast and give lots of details, repeating the ones that should be the main fraudulent selling point, which is that the company guarantees a job for a 12 month period. They apply a time pressure, a sense of urgency to make a decision immediately otherwise I will miss out on my opportunity. This is reinforced by the promised job possibility.

After the photo shooting I had an interview with Ken Love. The room I had the interview in was quite dark with a standing light behind him so he could see my face quite clearly but I couldn't see his so well. When I asked about what my investment would be in all of this he told me it was my time only for they get a 15-22 percent cut after each job they refer me to. Ken told me that they guarantee a minimum of 12 paid jobs a month (different figure from the phone conversation) from which I have to take a minimum of 4 in order to stay on their books. I will be assigned a model manager who will help me with my website which will be created by the company, my official Instagram and Facebook page. My manager will be there for me to advise in everything to make my first steps in the modelling world. All this was said to be launched on the 5th October, when I will also be appearing in a magazine in the "New Face" category.

He had a job description with the Halifax Bank logo on it on his computer screen for extra visual reinforcement of the information. He gave a lot of information about the job, again speaking very fast and rushed. He told me the shooting would take place between 24-26 September and I would be paid over 3000GBP per day. Also Halifax bank would pay me up to 7000GBP for the rights to use my images for up to 2 years. He said the Bank is going to call me on Tuesday, the 15th September between 11 am and 2pm to confirm the details of the job. At this point he told me that in order to move forward with this job I need to get one of the company packages which cost me 3500.

I had a phone call from my "model manager" Laura Jones a few days later, which I recorded and in which she explicitly confirmed that I have got the job but not heard from her since.

• BankFodder changed the title to London TV & Fashion Media Limited, Social Media Model, castingavenue

Thanks for this. And thanks also for all of the very interesting detail.

By how much are you out of pocket? There isn't clear from your story. I can see that you had to pay £50 but did you pay anything else?

by what method please

not bank transfer i hope?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, I paid by debit card. I asked my bank to start a debit card dispute but they said they can't help because the contract I signed says "I understand that once I leave the premises, I cannot cancel or reduce the order."

It actually also says that "I also understand that LTVFM LTD is not an agency and will not find me work." 

Which bank is it? Tell your bank that that is all part of the scam and the contract is meaningless and that you are the client and you are beginning a chargeback. You must be insistent. Get a reference number for the call and for the chargeback application. You may eventually be declined but you won't be declined in such a peremptory way. Tell your bank that if they won't give you the chargeback then you will begin a complaint to the FOS.

It's absurd for your bank to rely on the contract when the contract is part of the scam

Ideally you should read our customer services guide and record your call

That's what I thought too actually, especially given that I have a voice recording to prove that the "service" was sold by deceit aka in a fraudulent way. Thanks for the tip, didn't realize that I have to be more assertive with them too. 

Bank of Scotland.

That's what I thought too actually, especially given that I have a voice recording to prove that the "service" was sold by deceit aka in a fraudulent way. Thanks for the tip, didn't realize that I have to be more assertive with the bank too. 

I'll read your articles. 

i was going to say bet its halifax or BOS

and it is

they are terrible at understanding chargeback.

it's a very well know scam 

i can assure you they are very aware of it .

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So do I need to actually call them rather than replying to their email? 

What also makes me wonder is how is it possible that a scam like this can go on for so long without being caught and prosecuted? There's so much evidence against them. Where does the system fail? Or is it too big a question to ask. 😊

yep

ring them up

demand a chargeback

if the initial script jockey wont do it

ask to speak to a supervisor.

T&C mean nOTHING.

and they

its just one of the many scams that resurrect themselves in a slightly different guise every few years

watchdog etc etc have all done articles on the fashion & modelling scams many times.

dx

and they

Just spoke to the bank and they are adamant that the contract I signed is binding and valid therefore they cannot start a chargeback. No way I could get the message accross that it's part of a scam and I already sent them plenty of proof for that. I shall write to the FOS now I guess. 

Any other suggestions? 

god why is that banking group is always just SOOO thick and stupid when it comes to chargeback!!

the contract is a scam, doesn't matter where you flippin signed it!

it's a scam!

and they