• Tweets

• no deadline no.   P2g usually cough sometimes even before court
    • Thank you for your advice guys. I will have a read around and take appropriate action. Since all those booking were made through broker site parcel2go I am not sure who I should sue.   Also is there a deadline? I lost most my parcels over a year ago.   Cheers.
    • Set a side application can take anything up to 6 weeks to be processed and then longer until the hearing date...you could enforce the judgment next week if you get your skates on.   That's another £100 on your bill 
    • Is anyone able to offer any clarity about the new rules for applying for a maintenance loan when studying as a disabled student with the OU?  It appears on face value that the evidence required is 1)Medical letter stating unable to travel to university and 2) correspondence that been in touch with at least one HEP who state they are unable to accommodate disabled students needs.  The two apparent relevant paragraphs have caused us confusion.  TIA   Information relating to part-time maintenance loan funding available to disabled students on distance learning courses - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)         Information relating to part-time maintenance loan funding available to ...       In order to assess whether a distance learning applicant would be eligible to receive the full-time support package/part-time maintenance loan, evidence is required and each applicant’s individual circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Evidence should include, but is not limited to: medical evidence from their GP and/or Consultant confirming that the student’s condition prevents them from travelling to/from their Higher Education Provider (“HEP”) and physically attending their HEP; and evidence that the student has had discussions with their HEP/multiple HEPs about the facilities available, accessibility and why the HEP/s cannot accommodate the student’s requirements. This could be emails/correspondence between the student and different HEPs – this is to be differentiated from a “rejection letter”. For disabled students who apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance and who are studying via distance learning, there is no requirement to provide any evidence that applicants wishing to receive a maintenance loan are asked to provide. Disabled distance learning students’ allowance is provided for by regulation 127 of the 2011 Student Support Regulations.
    • GEM CARS LTD  Is looking forward to the comments from the administrators and moderators now the full facts in this case are here for all to see  I would add that from the above transcript it appears claire has had a full vehicle inspection done and they didnt find any faults with the car.  I would also add that it appears she wants to keep the car because apart from the stone chips the car is in fantastic condition for its year  Personally i would rather refund her in full and have the car back  Regards  Mark  Gem Cars    RESPONSE FROM GEM CARS having received a random phome call from a gentleman today informing me that someone had left a scathing review about our company i have read all of the emails in this review and quite frankly im discusted at not only our customer but also this website  Having taken legal advice my understanding is that due to the case being in mediation at this stage,  naming and shaming and posting non factual information is without a doubt slander for which we have authorised a solicitor to act on our behalf  But just to make sure everyone on here has all the facts i will post all of the email correspondence between oursleves and the customer  Hopefully you will see we have gone above and beyond in this case  Hopefully you will notice the last paragraph of this customers first email is blackmail and bullying  To comply with GDPR i have removed names and email addresses  We asked this customer what would make her happy i offered £150 compensation so i instantly semt £150 compensation then this email arrived    Having thought about our conversation, it’s clear that you knowingly deceived me with the condition of the car bonnet. You clearly stated in your video that there were a few tiny stone chips along the front edge of the bonnet which had been touched in. This is to be expected in a used car and I totally accepted that. There are also a few other minor chips and a tiny dent (as mentioned) which is not noticeable and expected with a used car.   During our conversation it was clear that you knew about the state of the bonnet and said you had asked the man who cleaned the car prior to delivery how it looked. You then said to me that there are hundreds of stone chips over the bonnet, and that it would need respraying. It’s clear to me now that you were just hoping I wouldn’t notice.   I have now had two different carefully sourced independents tell me that it will cost £350 & £355 (cheapest prices I have found) to respray the bonnet. Whilst also advising me that the front wings would ideally need to be done as well to blend in. This would take the cost to around £550! Not the £150-200 stated by yourself and have been told by several businesses that I would not be able to get this done (properly) for that price anywhere in the country. Therefore, I feel I have been deceived yet again on this.   As mentioned, I chose and purchased the car due to the condition described (I had thought) very honestly in your video walkthrough and advertisement details. Also due to your amazing reviews on Google.   The car was priced at the higher end of the spectrum for the model and mileage, but I was happy with that due to the alleged fantastic overall condition. I have also been told that the stone chips would have been better off left alone as they have clearly been touched in badly and ineffectively.   Not only am I having to run around finding the best independents to look at the car, but I have clearly been compensated dishonestly.   You asked me what would make me happy, and I am now in a position where I know the true costs. I would be happy to go through the hassle of getting the bonnet resprayed (not the wings) if you were to reimburse me for the real cost of the job.    Please do not be concerned with regards to a review, as I will not be leaving one until this matter is fully resolved.   Regards Claire   GEM CARS REPLY TO THIS EMAIL   Hi Claire   You are obviously upset which we don’t want So I have a couple of solutions below I must say I’m not grumpy or mardy or angry or upset. I’m not trying to have a go or start an argument but your email did sadden me greatly I always work better with people that talk things over rather than going straight for the jugular Anyway I have addressed the comments in your email matter of fact and I have some solutions below My main priority is your happiness with the car and the outcome, but unfortunately I wont be bullied into paying over the odds for a repair You need to appreciate that to fully paint the bonnet is betterment as such its not fair to expect the full amount especially as I have sent you the full amount that we would pay already. As you have already said neither of us needs to be thinking about your stone chips all weekend so hopefully this email will be the last one   If its ok I will address each paragraph one at a time   1; I didn’t deliberately deceive anyone I clearly state that the bonnet has odd stone chips here and there and odd stone chips on the front edge (I’ve just watched my video to be sure) (those are my exact words) (please feel free to double check I’ve left the video up for you) If I had said no stone chips or one or two stone chips (like I have on other videos)  then I would agree with you but I clearly stated (odd stone chips here and there) Exactly how many stone chips would you feel is acceptable on a 10 year old car with 117000 miles on ? My wife’s brand new golf R with 5000 miles on the clock has 6 already   2; You state that its clear I already knew how bad the bonnet was because I asked our valeter, This is untrue because after you called my wife to complain I then asked the valeter if he noticed the bonnet being particularly bad before I called you back as I couldn’t remember it being that bad, Also you asked if you could get a chips away type company to just come and touch them in, I simply said there are 100s of tiny chips and it would be cheaper to paint the bonnet this was just a generalisation not an exact count of the stone chips (as I said I had to ask the valeter if the bonnet was really that bad as I could not remember) Any more than 20 chips would be too many for a chips away type repair I hardly counted all the stone chips During our conversation this is exactly what I said   3; You accuse me of deceiving you when I stated that it costs us £150 plus vat to have a bonnet painted I have sent you the copy of our pricing structure from our paint shop I told you the truth I have no reason to lie feel free to call them on Monday and check for yourself If you see option 1 below and decide to bring it to us I will happily give you a copy of the bill     4; My 18 Minute video was completely honest and I did not try to deceive anyone with the video We have sold over 300 cars off the back of my videos and you are the first person to complain I would ask you did I state in my video that the car had no stone chips? Did I say one or two stone chips? NO I DIDN’T  I clearly stated odd stone chips here and there which is exactly what it has as you would expect. I would add that when you called to complain I kindly sent you the full cost that we pay to have a full bonnet painted I didn’t argue the case as most car dealers would as we pride ourselves on our levels of customer service I simply asked you what you would be happy with as compensation and you said £150 so I sent you £150 instantly to your bank.   5; You state that the car was priced at the higher end of the market for the year and mileage yet on our Car Gurus checker it showed as £400 behind market value When you checked the prices were the other cars you looked at all one lady owner white 5 door cars with full service history (as this makes a huge difference in price) So NO I disagree our car was very fairly priced and not at the higher end The condition of the car was fantastic for a 10 year old 120000 mile car you have said yourself you are happy with it apart from the stone chips on the bonnet so I’m struggling to understand what you mean by alleged condition? If you don’t touch stone chip in, the metal goes rusty so no I disagree you should always touch stone chips in   6; You accuse me of compensating you dishonestly when I simply asked you what would make you happy and you agreed £150 which I sent you straight away I would also add that you negotiated an additional £100 off the car after you had bought it as I kindly paid half the delivery for you. When you purchase items from other stores how often do you get a discount after you have agreed to buy the item? So you actually have £250 towards the stone chips.   7; No disrespect intended by I have already reimbursed you for what would be my full costs     8; I’m unsure what you mean by “Please do not be concerned with regards to a review, as I will not be leaving one until this matter is fully resolved” To me that sounds like bullying and blackmail but I could be misreading it?   Even though I found your email very rude I still have 3 amicable solutions to offer you   1; Refund us the £150 I sent you then bring the car back and have a day out in Lincoln, it’s a beautiful place to visit we have one of the biggest cathedrals in Europe (used in the hit film the da Vinci code) the castle is stunning and the cathedral quarter has some lovely places to shop and eat we also have a large Primark We will drop you to get the train into Lincoln central and whilst you shop and eat we will get the bonnet painted for you we will give you an additional £20 towards food and fuel on us and then collect you in the afternoon and you can drive you car home with the newly painted bonnet.   2; Accept a full refund for the car and we will collect it next week   3; Accept the fact that it is a 10 year old car with 117000 miles it does have stone chips, we didn’t deliberately mislead you, we did send you £150 towards the repairs and pay half your delivery so buy yourself a Genuine colour pen for the car (£15) touch the chips in with the right colour and spend the rest on a spa day   Sincerely Mark and Gina     CLAIRES RESPONSE TO OUR EMAIL   Hi Mark,   I have addressed the fact that I do not bully or blackmail and am mortified you would take it that way!    I will address your comments by paragraph also: My issue is not about how many stone chips anyone would expect, or how many there are on your wife’s car. it is about what you stated in your video which is not up on your website now. You did not mention when you asked the man who cleaned the car prior to delivery, just that you had. Then when I asked you whether they could be rectified by way of individual chips, you said to me I could not as there were hundreds and it would need respraying (and yes, I had assumed this was an estimate not that you had counted them). This to me indicated that you knew the bonnet had more than just the odd stone chip here and there on the front of the bonnet. I stated I felt you had deceived me, because as I stated before I have been told this by professional sprayers who have been in the business a very long time. Yes, you mentioned over the phone that I was the first person to complain in over 50 cars.  Your video was under 17 minutes and appeared as if you were pointing everything out on it including the odd stone chips to the front of the bonnet. Eco a toy what I would expect is how it was shown and described. Yes, I am happy with the car itself apart from this issue. The odd stone chip touched in here and there on the bonnet was what was described and expected. I do my research and Car Gurus checker is one of many market values. Also, from the cars I had checked (and yes, a few were one owner with full service history. One with a few more miles on the clock and another with less). I did not state that stone chips should not be touched in, but that I had been told they were done badly and ineffectively and that they would have been better off left alone (which I took in the context of the conversation to mean being done properly by a professional). You asked me what would make me happy after telling me the cost would be £150 for you or more like £200 here to have the work done you had told me. I had not negotiated any discount off the car at all and had reserved at the price advertised. My ex husband was in the car business and it is anticipated and wholly accepted to negotiate prices on used cars. This can not be compared with a a general store purchase. I purchased a large value item which was not as described. The delivery cost is what was negotiated, nothing else. You reimbursed for a job which I can not get done for anywhere near the price. Yes you are certainly misreading it as I explained in our earlier communication! I am sorry if you took this the wrong way and I should have elaborated that at the time. If you need this clarified, I would be happy to get you character witnesses to confirm to you that I am the opposite sort of person to even consider that type of behaviour. I apologise again that you found my email very rude, it was not meant that way at all. I am just really upset by this whole thing.   Whether your offers are meant to be rude or not, I find some of the comments as such.   As mentioned in our earlier communications, all I want is the car in the condition as advertised. I am still happy for you to collect the car, rectify the issue and deliver back to me or a refund closer to the cost of this. Although I trust the quotes I have, I can keep searching for a cheaper price. The bonnet is not in the condition as advertised (I can count and document tomorrow in daylight if you’d like).    Regards Claire   G CARS RESPONSE TO CLAIRES EMAIL   Hi Claire When you get the bonnet painted on the golf please ask the repairing garage to email us a vat receipt in the name of Gemcars ltd and we will pay another £112.50 contribution towards the repairs directly to the garage.  This can be done on the same day so it will not affect the garage releasing the car to you We can pay this directly to them via card over the phone This will bring the total contribution to £262.50 which equates to ¾ of the total cost Normally we would contribute 50% in a betterment situation but as you obviously feel very strongly about this matter on this occasion we will pay ¾ of your £350 quotation as full and final settlement in this matter Should you feel this is still not acceptable then you can of course bring it to us and we will have the bonnet painted whilst you wait at no cost to yourself  (apart from a few hours of your time)   Sincerely Mark and Gina   CLAIRES REPLY 😳 Hi Mark,   Having sought further advice on this matter, I am now clear as to the finer details of my consumer rights.   Your offer to rectify this issue is no longer a suitable option, as it would cause me considerable inconvenience. Additionally, this option would only have been viable if you were to collect and delivery my car free of charge. Additionally, this remedy is no longer suitable due to the fact I have completely lost faith in your business.   I am within my rights to a price reduction of the full cost of works to rectify this. I am of course happy for you to pay the spraying business directly upon receipt of a V.A.T invoice for your records.   Regards Claire   GEM CARS  for complete clarity feel free to watch the video in which i not only show the stone chips on the 10 year old golf with 117000 miles i also tell you they are there     GEM CARS POST  CLAIRES LAST EMAIL   Mark,   My apologies, I forgot to ask that you please respond to the above email within 7 days.   Regards Claire  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The site clock appears to be abour 7+ minutes adrift.

Elsinore

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

• 9 months later...
It was like that just to annoy pinkduchess lol

:D

Els

think she has inside connections?

no... she hasnt had the time!

boom boom!

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Spread it in this direction Lat! Only if you have the time that is!:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

As the OP of this thread I feel I must comment on how the subject has become one of salaciousness and double entendres.

Please keep it up:D

Els

Yes, well I like a good slaver now and then! (Can't find a smiley with tongue hanging out);)

Els

• Haha 1

yeah, we peons on the hsbc thread can't even spell salawhatotosis, couldn't possibly comment on your comment elsinore - just might give you a point for such a big word! come visit our homeground for some real saliciticiousfandabbidozi wanderings - particularly with her royal highness pink duchy herself!

You mean there's more of this stuff elsewhere, lateralus?

I'll be over in two shakes of an oojah's wotsit!

Els

crusher! how the hell are you, sweetheart? haven't seen you on hsbc forum for ages - thought you'd stayed on holiday forever!

I'm OK thanks Latty luver... just having big problems with the PC at the moment. I am hoping to have it sorted by next weekend. I think I need a new one..... oh dear, big bucks coming up.

:eek:

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Fiesty!

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.