Hermes not able to locate package (lost package)

VGTom

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Understood. I am going to send it in email to both [email protected] and to [email protected] (I have no clue where else to send this, the only other email I could find was Jeff Bezos', probably he has bigger fish to fry 😛). Additionally I will send a physical copy to the Amazon UK headquarters (60 Holborn Viaduct, Holborn, London EC1A 2FD, UK ???).

• Like 1

You sent a letter of claim giving 14 days. All you got to do is wait till day 15.

You should be registering with the moneyclaim website and preparing your claim. Save your work as you go. Post your draft particulars here so we can check.

You should be reading around all the steps to take for a County Court claim – and all of this would already be clear to you

Ok, sorry for my late reply but I got this letter from Amazon yesterday (Monday):

Dear {my name},
Jaluk here. I've requested a refund of £1,998.88 for your order #203-6116510-3577923 "Gigabyte AERO 17 XB: 17.3" FHD 144Hz, i7-10750H, RTX2070 SUPER, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD". Once your refund has been completed by us, please allow your bank between 5 to 7 business days to process it.

For future references we recommend that you purchase insurance on any return if you choose to send the item on your own.
Thanks for allowing us to work through this issue with you. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,
Jaluk
Amazon.co.uk

Now this sounds great but I am not going to celebrate until I have that money on my bank account... Not going to proceed with Moneyclaim in the meantime. Will be back to you as soon as I get (don't get) the refund :)

Well that sounds like very good news.

Hopefully the refund will arrive before the expiry of your letter of claim.

If it doesn't, then you might find that you are in a bind because you are not sure whether to issue the claim or not because it may be simply that their payment has been delayed.

I suggest that you write them a reply:

Thanks for this message.

I'm very pleased to see that you have now changed your position and that you are going to refund me my money.

As you know, I sent you a letter of claim giving you 14 days to issue court action. In view of the letter that you have just written to me and because I realise that things may be chaotic over the Christmas period, I am going to extend the 14 days which I have given you before taking legal action to 21 days.

I'm very pleased that you now seem prepared to refund me – although I have to say that all of this conflict was completely unnecessary and was brought about by yourselves.

Please make no mistake there at the end of 21 days, if I do not have my refund then I will start the claim.

Finally, you recommend that I take insurance if I have to return items again. Please be aware that I won't be taking any insurance. If I return an item to you for any legitimate reason and I use your system for returning the item on your instructions then you are wholly responsible and I have no intention of incurring any further costs taking an insurance which effectively insures Amazon against the need to step up to their own legal obligations.

Yours faithfully

Hello again! Hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday. A little update here: I got the refund in the end, they were pretty quick actually, I didn't even realize but I got it in three days after receiving that email from the CS executive. I have to say I am a bit relieved now, it would have been interesting to go through with the whole thing, go to a hearing, etc. but it's nice that I don't have to risk any more money in court. The only thing I am sad about is that Hermes is getting away with stealing again. I guess we would need thousands of people to sue Hermes for losing packages and maybe then they would be forced to refund customers and change their policies.

I also wanted to thank you for your help, I would have probably sued Hermes for a lot less money if it wasn't for you. I would also like to donate a small sum of money to support what you're doing here. It is very nice of you to help all these desperate people in your free time without asking for any money. 

Oh by the way, I sent them the reply you suggested to send and have received no replies from them since :) 

• Like 2

Thanks for updating us – and I'm very pleased that you got your money. I would have been very surprised if Amazon had decided to get into conflict about this. Amazon are huge and they're really not bothered about this little stuff – in the same way that Hermes are.

Very happy to receive a donation from you. We need everything we can get so don't feel shy about it!