David Lloyd sold me package with Spa but a few months later said that it was mis-sold at wrong price

Jameson78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I joined DL a few months ago. Was offered a discount as "friends & family" because I knew a friend who works there.

A few days later, I upgraded my membership to Platinum and specifically requested the Spa retreat as well.

I was issued a new card, which had correctly  labelled that it was Platinum card with Spa retreat. And payment was agreed at £125 per month.  No worries because I have been going 6 days a week.

Everything going well for a few months.   Then i lost my card.

Was issued a new one.

Went to use access the spa and wouldnt let me in.

I asked what's wrong and they informed me that my membership did not include the spa.

Now they have confirmed that there was a glitch on the salesperson's app that allowed the wrong price to be accepted.   This glitch has been brought to managements attention and has now been fixed.

However, they now want me to pay the correct price to access the Spa.

Surly, they have to honour the original agreement made with me?  or do they?

Thanks for your help!

Jameson

Hi Jameson,

I'd write to the gym mgr saying :-

I was able to access the gym and Spa facility through my membership for £125 pcm.

When I lost my card and was issued a new one in [month], access to the Spa facility was denied to me.

Unless this is now reinstated at no extra cost, I will consider the gym membership cancelled without notice, due to your breach of contract.

I would send this to the gym by typed letter and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO counter for proof.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132

Thanks for the reply

I appreciate your help with the wording.  My only concern is that I really really like the spa, I wouldn't want them to agree to my gym cancelation.

I suppose that's all that I can do.. 

Thanks 

Hi J,

You must decide what's your priority - make the gym honour what you were offered originally (perhaps trying to draw you in) ................

............... or pay what they're now demanding to get the srvice you want.

Surley it's worth a go ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)