babes66 vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am a newbie, but having estimated my bank has been taking approx £200 a month from me for the last six years, I am joining the fight!

I have 2 problems that I could do with help on, and I apologise if these issues are coverd elsewhere, I have looked but may have missed the relevant information. I would appreciate any help you can give.

The first is this; My account was held at my local Halifax branch, but since the Halifax/BOS merger, my branch closed, although my sort code etc on my accounts remain the same. There IS a BOS branch in my town, but no Halifax, so where do I write to?

My second question is this; I am in Scotland, my account is with the Halifax...so how much can I claim? £750 (as I'm in Scotland) or the full amount (as the Halifax is an English bs?

These are probably stupid questions, but I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with information just now!

Thanks

Halifax acc 1: 1st request letter sent 20/4/2006

LBA sent 27/04/2006

1st action filed Kirkcaldy Sherriff court 03/05/06

Halifax acc2 (closed): 1st request sent 03/05/06

LBA sent 11/05/06

Capital 1: 1st request sent 11/05/06

In which case, just take a couple of days (if necessary) to go over all the information contained in the FAQ section.

You really will benefit from this, as there is a wealth of info that you need to get your head around in order to sucessfully claim back what is rightfully yours.

You will find, if you don't do some groundwork yourself, that you head off in all directions and get yourself i an much more confused state!

A little more effort now will pay dividends later. At that point, if you are still unsure, repost your questions on the same thread.

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Everyone,

I sent my first letter before action by registered post last Thursday.

On Sat I received a standard letter saying someone from Customer services would contact me.

Today I received a phone call offering me back my charges since Jan this year as long as I accepted this as full and final settlement, I said no immediately, the guy on the phone then asked what I WAS looking for, so I said I wanted ALL my charges back, at which point he gave me "a friendly warning" that if it went to court I could lose.

I said I'd take that risk;)

So now I have a question, since the guy basically said he would see me in court and that they would not be making another offer, do I still have to send a second letter before action or do I jump straight to filing at my local court?

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

If you "could lose", that implies you are in the wrong. In which case, why are they offering you any money at all :)

Good luck!

Claim against Halifax for £492

:: Moneyclaim form filed 22nd May, total claim now £649.57 including costs and 8% interest.

:: £210 offer recieved 19th May, rejected

:: LBA sent 8th May, 22nd May deadline.

:: £70 offer recieved 6th May, rejected

:: Recieved Halifax charges leaflet: 28th April

:: Original Request Sent: 25th April / Deadline: 10th May

View my progress

Thanks Mr Flib, I asked him that, and he said it was purely a "goodwill gesture" when I replied that they had never been keen to show me any goodwill in the past he just restated that their charges are "both fair and lawful" at which point I told him I would take my chances with the court.:D

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

I posted yesterday that the Halifax had phoned and offered me my charges since Jan this year as a goodwill gesture, which I refused.

Today I recieved a letter from them stating they would not refund my charges for the last 6 years.

The interesting thing is that I havent asked for 6 years yet...since I am in Scotland and can only claim £750 per claim, I am claiming one year at a time, and this is the first, strange they are assuming I will want all 6 years yeah?

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

I am ready to spit nails!

I am at the LBA stage of my claim, I turned down their initial offer of £240, and now they have taken away my £250 overdraft on my acc and frozen it!!!:-x

I am disabled with MS and my monthly benefits went in to my acc today, this is the money myself AND my kids need to eat etc and the bl**dy b*stards have taken the lot!

I am ready to cry, we have no food, no gas or electric ( I use powercards)

I know if I keep going I'll beat them in the end, the law is on my side etc etc, but that could take at least another month, God knows what I'm going to do until then. I cant even open another acc to get my benefits paid into because my credit rating is so low (mainly thanks to them again)

I am seriously thinking of printing off leaflets telling people about this place and how they are all thieving sh*ts and handing them out in front of my local branch:o

If you are in a position to set up an umbrella acc, I strongly advise you to do it because the b*stards are fighting dirty!

Sorry to rant like this, and for the language, but I don't think I have ever been so angry in my entire life.

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

So have you been left with no mney at all now?

If so that is completely disgusting. There has to be some avenue for you that someone can come up with. I just wish there was a way to help you out.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

Oh no i really do feel for you:(

(((hugs)))

Have you tried calling them and explaining your situation?

That is really bad, they need to sort this out for you....you need something to live on, perhaps if you speak to the debt management deparment.

They are such bar stewards:evil:

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Just wanted to add that if i was you i'd tell every national newspaper and New station to let them know this is how they treat vurnerable people!!

Dont get mad get even!

PS i have merged the two threads, it helps to know the history of you claim

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

BABES66

it doesnt matter whether you have a bad credit history, by law all banks have to give you an account, even if it is just a basic one, i have bad credit history, i recommend that you join with the co-op, as for the Halifax take them to court after sending the second letter by recorded deelivery and only give them 7 days.

i am now at the stage you are and i am pondering my next step as they increased their offer from £78 to £273, you will win in court and it is very doubtful that that bloke you talked to will attend anyway, dont call them on the phone any more deal by letter ok

best reguards Andy

After another "get stuffed" letter following my LBA, I filed my first action today for £727 plus interest plus charges, and have sent a first request letter on my other acc (which has been closed already)

I was so scared going into the court to file my claim, I didnt even know where my local court was LOL! It was all very simple and easy though, to anyone out their who is petrified like I was, it's honestly easier than it sounds!

I was given a date of July 7th for my case, I can't wait..... now lets see them suffer for a change!

Its my sons 18th birthday next week and Ive had to tell him I dont have a gift for him because of them taking my overdraft away, but he'll get something nice when I get my money back!

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

Guest Lueeze

Hello, I have merged your threads so poeple can follow your story, please stick to this from now on!

Thanks

Lou x

Sorry I thought I had posted to my original thread!

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

You will get there in the end mate - and it will be so worth it!;) x

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

LBA sent 27/04/2006

LBA sent 11/05/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks