UCKPS ANPR PCN - overstay - Friary Retail Park, Stafford, ST17 4BA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any help or advice appreciated.

1 Date of the infringement

09/10/20

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

16/10/20 

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

Done

3 Date received

19/10/20

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

n/a

7 Who is the parking company?

UKCPS

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Friary Retail Park Stafford

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

IAS

Edited by FTMDave
PCN number showing

UKCPS really are a bunch of clowns.  "Friary Retail Park" is hardly an address, no road, no post code.

However, is it the one in Plymouth?  If so, interesting that the limit used to be three hours https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/friary-mill-retail-park-beware-parking-charges-louise-cusack  I bet the original planning permission was for at least three hours and the fleecers will have no planning permission for the change.

I've changed the thread title.  I've also had to remove the attachment as it had the PCN number showing.  Can you redact and post up again? - thanks.

Also, is this place near to you?  If so, it would be very useful if you could go back and take photos of the signs, which are likely to be pants.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to UCKPS ANPR PCN - overstay - Friary Retail Park, Stafford

Thanks for your help.

I've redacted the PNC number and I've re-uploaded here.

I'll see if I can get out there to photograph the signs, but this may be tricky due as its not that close baby schedules don't afford me alot of free time.

Edited to add - its not in Plymouth, its in Stafford.

UKCPS NTK udated.pdf

Edited by merlyn217
to add more information

• FTMDave changed the title to UCKPS ANPR PCN - overstay - Friary Retail Park, Stafford, ST17 4BA
6 hours ago, merlyn217 said:

Edited to add - its not in Plymouth, its in Stafford.

Thanks - thread titled amended to show this.

UKCPS certainly confused me with their non-address.  The thickos haven't clearly shown where you parked which is in your favour.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have captured the best images of the sign at the entrance to the car park that I could, from Google Street View.

It strikes me that no mention/agreement of having to pay £100 could have been seen from the car.  The writing is too small.

Signs.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Image pasted to thread now converted to PDF

I've converted the images to PDF so only registered Caggers can see them - best to keep the fleecers guessing!

Excellent work, the signs are indeed total pants.

As far as you know, are these the same as what you saw?  Google Street View is often out of date.

Yes! As far as I know these are the same signs as what the driver saw :)

I have drafted my initial appeal (attached as PDF).  Any thoughts or comments would be gratefully received.

(edited to remove previous upload and replace with 2nd draft which had grammar corrections)

Initial Appeal 2nd Draft.pdf

Edited by merlyn217
initial upload had poor grammar

1 hour ago, Bazooka Boo said:

Very good appeal letter, BUT. I wouldn't waste your time sending it......just yet.

Hi BB,

Thanks for reading the appeal draft and for your comment - if you have time, please could expand on when and under which circumstances I should make my appeal. 

you never appeal..full stop.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well whatever you tell them at the moment they will not cancel the ticket. They want money from you so will write back and mislead and misdirect you so that you hopefully will end up believing them and their lies then pay up to avoid paying a higher sum.

Also by appealing they see that as a sign of weakness and by applying a bit more pressure you may well cough up. If you don't pay shortly after their rejection one of their unregulated debt collectors will send you what they think is a scary letter to make you pay as threats of higher charges,  Court appearances, CCJs  creditworthiness wrecked etc etc. are supposed to frighten you. 

Not only that but at the moment you do not have as much ammunition as you need to win any appeal to them. on top of that there is a new system coming in which should cut down their chances of robbing people blind. so just sit back knowing that for the moment they will only send out debt collector letters to you which you can safely ignore as they have no power to do anything other than to huff and puff.

They don't take many people to Court as even if they win they lose money but by taking the odd few to Court it does encourage many others to pay. and when they lose and a very high percentage of them do lose it can be very costly for them as they run the risk of having to pay out motorists for breaching their GDPR for instance and that can run into hundreds of pounds. {The ones who lose are mainly those who haven't taken advice, unlike you, and have gone off half cock when they haven't got all their ducks in a row.

You will get threatening letters from them and maybe even their dodgy legal friends will weigh in too though they can all be brushed aside with an apt word or two which should send them scuttling away to pick on someone less knowledgeable than you will be.

Go on and enjoy your life this side of Christmas and take a look at the winning results we have had over the years and that will include many where they know that they will lose in Court so don't bother to turn up. What you know at the moment is not enough to get them to drop your case so best not to let them know just yet.

Keep your powder dry as you have some of the facts to see them off but not all of them.

Thanks for your advice and encouragement.

I thought I needed to appeal, as that appears to be the advice in the 'Newbie Sticky' on the moneysavingexpert website.  However, I am convinced by the helpfulness and confidence exhibited by the CAG community and will happily wait for a letter before action.

Thanks all, I'll update if anything interesting happens with the case. 

trouble with appealing is you always play your cards too early.

its purposefully done that way as when it fails and a court claim is issued, the OP gets snowed under with with PM's from people offering to defend them in court for fees upwards of £160...we are FREE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...