ES Parking Enforcement ANPR PCN - Arndale Car Park, Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Husband is a wheelchair / mobility scooter user. He has a wheelchair vehicle and a blue badge. 

I've received a letter from "ES Parking Enforcement" saying that he was parked for too long in a town centre car park.

I'm not sure who owns the car park, could it be the Local Authority? He was out with his carer, the carer was driving (husband can't, on medical grounds). 

Searching online it looks as if the first 30 minutes are free and then a fee is charged. There are a lot of complaints, saying that this isn't clearly stated (the car park used to be free) and many people are getting caught out. The carer is very responsible and would have made sure to buy a ticket if they'd realised. I can't discuss this with my husband as he won't remember.

Is there anything I can do, or do I have to pay up?

Thanks

private car park and operator

moved to the Private Parking Forum.

there will be no legal limit of 30mins that was granted by the council upon initial planning application/permission

and no-one can vary that.

please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

•               For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

7th October 2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

15th October 2020

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

3 Date received

19th October 2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

ES Parking Enforcement Ltd 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Multi-Storey Car Park, Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

ESPEL.ZATAPPEAL.COM.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

"Reason of lssue: Exceeded maximum allocated or pre-paid time"

Thank you dx100uk, I will upload the PDF once I figure out how to block out identifying information.

Is this the Arndale?  On Google Maps it seems the only multi-storey in the area, and it's "managed" by ES Parking.  I see that there were recently three hours' free parking.  As dx says, that will be on the planning permission which immediately knocks the fleecers' claim out of the water.

Plus, love to see them pursue someone for driving who can't physically drive!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to ES Parking Enforcement ANPR PCN - Multi-Storey Car Park, Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL
  • dx100uk changed the title to ES Parking Enforcement ANPR PCN - Arndale Centre Multi-Storey Car Park, Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL

This is the entrance until recently.

Is this place near you?  Would it be easy to go back and take photos of the signs as they are now, especially at the entrance?

Arndale entrance.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• FTMDave changed the title to ES Parking Enforcement ANPR PCN - Arndale Car Park, Union Street, Accrington, BB5 1PL

I can find no planning information for ES parking in the Arndale Accrington.

Do not appeal to ES since all they want is money and they don't make any money if they cancel the ticket.

But you could appeal to the owners of the site, Jesta Capital corporation explaining the situation. 

Please wait until you post up the PCN to see if there was something else that involved the charge before appealing to them.  And when you do appeal do not divulge who was driving ad no you do not pay.

There does not appear to be any planning permission for their signs which there should be.

Please get photos at the entrance, at the payment meter and at least one of their signs on on of the floors including the terms and conditions and any other sign of theirs that is different from the one with the T&Cs.

As for uploading the PCN, you could just take a photo of it with some paper covering the name, address and reg no of the car. Or photocopy the original and then tipex out the revealing details on the copy before uploading it.

The owners of the Arndale centre are now Property Partners Management with Daniel Brian Cusack as one of the directors. They seem to change owners a fair bit. And it doesn't look as if planning permission is necessary in multi storey car parks.

ES Parking's claim is pants.  As dx says, they have no planning permission for the ridiculous 30 minutes' free parking, they haven't bothered to go for keeper liability and so can only persue the driver who can't possibly be your husband, and I would guess their signs are carp as well.  The old ones I found said you only find out the restrictions once you've entered the building, so once you decide whether to accept or not there's no way out!

Up to you of course, but the site would support you in not paying a penny to these bandits.  Refuse to have anything to do with their kangaroos court appeals procedure and ignore their silly letters ... but use the time to build up a case against them, such as photos of the signs the next time you're in the vicinity as lookinforinfo points out.

Just seen on ES's website ANPR is a revolutionary technology

Seriously!  Yes, just like CERN in Switzerland 🤣

Have you got a link for the Council's request lookinforinfo?

From a fellow Night Owl!

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/plea-reverse-ludicrous-parking-changes-18994356

I tend to think that the owners are trying to use the carpark charges as a means to get the Council to amend their Council tax. If it only costs £1 to  park all day I would be inclined to pay it from the start thus eliminating the risk of being charged £50 or £60 for going over the free time by a few minutes. But of course we have not seen the new parking signs yet and it could be that there may still be some of the old signs still showing.

• Like 1