PackLink & Hermes- County Court claim

3 hours ago, grumpybadger said:

Did you get the full amount through mediation? just curious as doing a simular claim once i get the first part of the claim form responded to which i know will be the same answer as you originally received. 

I am still awaiting for a response after my submission from the previous post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi WB and welcome to CAG   No surprise to read the "lost" item is a laptop and Site Team member @BankFodder will no doubt look in and comment.

Please can you set out the events which occurred in a bullet pointed chronology. Not too much narrative please. You say that you have already started a claim. Please could you post up the claim f

5 days for all MCOL claims ...2 days for CCMCC....Litigant or Company   Andy

Posted Images

On 26/11/2020 at 12:52, BankFodder said:

I'm sorry, but the way that you presented these documents is not acceptable. To begin with they are scarcely legible – and you should present the documents in a clear and intelligible way – in the way that you would like them to be presented to you if you were putting in effort helping somebody else for free.

We need them scanned in PDF format

Multipage single file

Just an update.

image.png.83097c7f7fc2c5bc713002820524abee.png

My claim was transferred to my county court.

Also today I received an email from PackLink:

image.png.a61615962b42f5e6852e562c3f9029d4.png

In response, I have just sent off the original Judgement that I had written up for both parties.

Edited by whistlebear

Thanks for this.

What they mean by "a bar" in place for Packlink?

I've just scanned through and I realise that this is a problem where a claim was actually brought against Packlink after you found an address in UK and you obtained a default judgement.

This looks as if they are offering to settle the judgement!

Amazing results if it happens. Please let's know – that a tentative "well done" to you👍

I've just looked around the Internet and I see that "a bar" being put in place for a defendant can indicate that the defendant may be applying for set-aside and you are prevented from executing any warrant for enforcing the judgement.

And at the same time, it seems that they may now have contacted you with a view to settling the matter. @Andyorch

I wonder if they will simply settle in full or they will try to make some compromise

7 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I've just looked around the Internet and I see that "a bar" being put in place for a defendant can indicate that the defendant may be applying for set-aside and you are prevented from executing any warrant for enforcing the judgement.

And at the same time, it seems that they may now have contacted you with a view to settling the matter. @Andyorch

I see, thanks for clarifying this. I'll keep you posted!

Well be careful of my clarification – I'm just guessing based on what I've been reading on the Internet

• Like 1

A bar can be put in place for numerous reasons against either party to stop the other party from doing something.......check the DQ dates on the status...have they filed on time or too late ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done. Congratulations and thanks for the update.

I had no idea that packlink had a presence in UK. It would be very helpful if you could put up their full address here  even though you may have put it up earlier on in the thead.

What message did they send you?

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Very well done. Congratulations and thanks for the update.

I had no idea that packlink had a presence in UK. It would be very helpful if you could put up their full address here  even though you may have put it up earlier on in the thead.

What message did they send you?

They didn't respond on MCOL, it's likely that Hermes made them respond. I will go ahead and post it still however.

They merely just asked for the court documents, and then said the full amount will be credited on the 24th.

3rd Floor East Passage, London, England, EC1A 7LP

Companies house number: 09026541

When checking again on companies house, it now says:

Company status
Dissolved

Dissolved on
1 December 2020

Edited by whistlebear
  • Thanks 1

HI all, I just want to say that i am really grateful for this post as i am about to embark on an exactly same scenerio. 

I have claimed my hermes for lost parcel previously and have received compensation without a problem.

but this time, i have lost it via Packlink and with its being a spanish company, i thought there is no way to pursue them. but this post has given me Hope.

where there is hope, there is life..... will be in touch.

• Thanks 1

Well I'm very pleased for you. Please will you start a new thread and tell your story there.

The more separate stories we have, the more the word will get round and the more people be encouraged.

@omegatbt15