PackLink & Hermes- County Court claim

But you sold this through eBay – and I thought that the details of any item sold through eBay and sent by means of Packlink were automatically communicated.??

When does the 14 days expire?

25 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

But you sold this through eBay – and I thought that the details of any item sold through eBay and sent by means of Packlink were automatically communicated.??

When does the 14 days expire?

Ah I thought you meant in the actual MCOL claim, in the ebay listing yes, in the PackLink compensation claim yes as well, in the MCOL claim I made no mention aside from the value of the item.

and just an update:

image.png.b683c8409e78057e4a395706cafb5b97.png

I am able to request a judgement from the two separately.

The claim was issued on the 13th, plus 5 days and another 14 days = 1st Nov my guess (not accounting for business days)

This was also added:

image.thumb.png.11a0c4cf77b8d66350825f6369456913.png

Edited by whistlebear

Deemed service on a company is two days after issue. Deemed service on a litigant in person is five days after issue – unless something has changed.

I've already said that proposing to send further particulars is generally speaking unnecessary and only complicates matters as you are finding out. However as you have indicated that you are sending further particulars, send them further particulars and simply state in the body of the particulars that you have nothing to add to the particulars of claim contained in the original claim form at this moment. Send that straightaway so that when you apply for judgement you can click the box and say that yes you have done that.

It might not have been fatal not to have informed them that it was a laptop – but it is better that you did and the important thing is that they had been told of the item and of the value at the time that you entered into the delivery contract.
I think that you will find that laptops are one of their prohibited items – along with almost everything else in the world

It seems to me that you could probably apply for judgement on 30 October. However it's a good idea to keep on checking regularly to see if it is permitted before then. As soon as it allows you, do it.

Deemed service on a company is two days after issue. Deemed service on a litigant in person is five days after issue – unless something has changed.

5 days for all MCOL claims ...2 days for CCMCC....Litigant or Company

Andy

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks.  I suppose that takes the OP onto about 3 November???

Anyway, keep on checking the County Court website

Claim was issued on the 13th Oct....if a defendant submits acknowledgement of service its 33 days so Friday 13th is 32 days.

If a defendant has not submitted any response its 19 days ...so Friday 30th Oct (18 days ) or Monday 2nd Nov. (21 days)

Nothing happens over weekend on MCOL

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

So an update, on the Packlink option, after clicking through my information for the Judgement, I have the option to use the original PackLink address or to change it. 

After this I also have the option to file the full amount of the claim against them:

image.png.123dd803741ae753f69abfe2e565ceee.png

As for Hermes, it still asks me to wait until the days have passed, which is odd.

Has Hermes file and acknowledgment?

Also, Ho t=do you know that this Packlink address is the packlink with whom you dealt with to courier the parcel?

14 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Has Hermes file and acknowledgment?

Also, Ho t=do you know that this Packlink address is the packlink with whom you dealt with to courier the parcel?

Hermes only have assigned someone to respond to the case, but I am unable to file until it has past the date.

The packlink address was based on information i researched online, the companies house identity was the only one affiliated with a courier company.

So looking back you don't have this particular Packlink address on any documents or website that you have been dealing with to suggest that you had a contract with them – is this correct?

Let me say that I'm quite certain that this is the same Packlink – but unfortunately with limited liability companies, it is very easy to fragment the organisation into different identities and which legally are separate from each other so that if you see the wrong one, you end up going down a dead-end.

I would certainly apply for judgement against this company. It won't do you any harm – but maybe you had better hold back from any enforcement proceeding because that will simply incur costs.

Keep on checking on money claim to see if by some miracle you will be able to apply for judgement against Hermes when the date comes.

Let us know once you get the judgement against Packlink. Keep on doing some research to see if you can tie this address into the company with which you contracted.

Also, this Packlink address is probably just a business address – purely administrative and is unlikely to hold any assets at all belonging to Packlink.

• BankFodder changed the title to PackLink & Hermes- County Court claim

I'm terribly sorry but with the best will in the world, the defence you have posted is scarcely legible.

Please can you scan the actual document in PDF format.

On 20/11/2020 at 07:34, BankFodder said:

I'm terribly sorry but with the best will in the world, the defence you have posted is scarcely legible.

Please can you scan the actual document in PDF format.

My PDF is personally identifiable (has my name and case reference)

All you have to do is to redact your personal details and then post it up here. Nobody else has any problem at all and it's very straightforward.

We try our best to help you and we simply ask you to present us with the documents in the way that everybody else does.

Please will you simply redact your personal details and posted up here in PDF.

Multipage single file PDF – which means that one PDF file contains all the pages in the right order right way round so they can simply be clicked to the next one and the next one and to the next one. Thanks

On 21/11/2020 at 15:34, BankFodder said:

Multipage single file PDF – which means that one PDF file contains all the pages in the right order right way round so they can simply be clicked to the next one and the next one and to the next one. Thanks

I recieved a letter the other day also asking me to fill out a questionaire for settlement/mediation for Hermes. Alongside a hard copy of their response in the pdf ive uploaded.

Edited by whistlebear

Please can you scan it up

I'm trying to remember the details of this case. You sued Packlink as well – did you enter a judgement against them

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Please can you scan it up

I'm trying to remember the details of this case. You sued Packlink as well – did you enter a judgement against them

I am unable to take pictures of the file and upload it to this website on my mobile device currently.

Okay, when you can.

I'm sorry, but the way that you presented these documents is not acceptable. To begin with they are scarcely legible – and you should present the documents in a clear and intelligible way – in the way that you would like them to be presented to you if you were putting in effort helping somebody else for free.

We need them scanned in PDF format

Multipage single file

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I'm sorry, but the way that you presented these documents is not acceptable. To begin with they are scarcely legible – and you should present the documents in a clear and intelligible way – in the way that you would like them to be presented to you if you were putting in effort helping somebody else for free.

We need them scanned in PDF format

Multipage single file

Sorry about the quality, this is the best I could do.

Doc1.pdf

• Thanks 1