AO.COM american fridge freezer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks looking for some advice regarding our Samsung  RF24FSEDBSR purchased October 2017 delivered 14/10/2017 and stating on order details manufacturer 5 year warranty.

We previously had a Samsung american fridge freezer, that at 3 years old had a major breakdown repaired under the 5 year warranty and was extended by another 5 years due to the fault and we replaced it with what we have now, as it was no longer being as reliable.

The replacement cost 1.7k and seemed to have an ice problem that has never been resolved, then in 2019 aprox it had a major breakdown, all foods wasted in fridge and freezer, called Samsung who informed me that it was not covered by warranty, and i informed them that it was purchased with a 5 year manufacturer warranty as per invoice, and they already had my details from when i complained in the first few months with the ice problem and they had the DOP on the system.

IN the end as it was not that old as a goodwill gesture they would repair it as at this time i was receiving cancer treatments, and had to have a reliable fridge that worked due to having to self inject and these medications have to be kept in the fridge.

About a fortnight or so ago it broke down again, this time food in the fridge that was still in date going off and not cooling as it should, again phoned Samsung this time they refused any repair, i had to send them the sales invoice that stated it had 5 year manufactures warranty and they are still refusing saying it should have being registered, no paperwork came with it other than a card for the 10 year warranty on the compressor,

it was unpacked and installed by AO.com and all packaging was removed by them no instruction manual, which i was not concerned about as most companies these days are doing them on PDF formats where i got the instructions for it from, after posting a couple weeks ago on the FB consumer page was advised to contact AO.COM and they have being no better, saying the warranty had to be registered and i informed them i purchased this because it was advertised with a 5 year warranty, my last Samsung came with a 5 year warranty, that was extended to 10 due to it breaking down and that did not have to be registered, why i went with buying a Samsung again and due to the way my last product was dealt with when it broke down.

i have enclosed the reply from AO.com and now looking for some advice what steps to take now, i have had problems in the past with AO.COM they did the same with me with a TV that i gave up chasing as it was one excuse after the other, and receiving from cancer at the time was too much hassle for me to deal with at that time.

My concerns now are it does not meet the intentions it was purchased for, its reliability, when this in now a second breakdown in less than 3 years 

product does not meet the expectations it was purchased , thankfully the old Samsung was stored in the garage and we have gone back to using that one.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

118939182_10157075827586601_3943680560823641577_n.jpg

122121609_10157178298906601_7917423386505188590_n.jpg

Thanks for reposting your story.

However, I'm still a bit confused.

Is it right that you are talking about two fridge freezers?

You had one – a Samsung which broke down – but I don't understand when that happened. You then had a second one in 2017 which is now unreliable

I'm sorry but it's really not clear and it will be helpful if you would simply list out in a bullet pointed chronology what happened – and maybe describe them as "FF 1" and "FF 2" so that we not talking about this one and that one and the one we had before and the one we had after et cetera because it's becoming very confusing

Also, was the first one simply replaced and you didn't have to purchase the second one or did you purchase the second one?

I think you need to explain far more carefully and without the narrative please. Once we understand the story clearly then we can go ahead and give you the advice you need.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hi sorry have being unwell and not dealt with this,

yes i have 2 samsung fridge freezers, still have my old one which i am using at the moment, its also a samsung, that had a similar problem that was repaired under the 5 year warranty it came with, because it was such a big mechanical failure they extended the warranty on that by another 5 years, this one is now 13 years old,

i was using this just as an example that this came with a 5 year warranty,

it did not have to be registered, and why i went with the new one again purchased in oct 2017 as it was advertised with a 5 year warranty and others ones i looked at were only a 1 2 3 year warranty, and the samsung advertised with a 5 year.

the problem i am having is with my purchase in 2017, had a fault in the first 9 months, then a major fault about a year and half old, and thats when the problems started

informed that the warranty was only a year, the fault at a year and a half old was a major component failure, lost all food in freezer, ( this was the same fault i experienced with my first samsung purchase and how i am aware the second fridge freezer breakdown was a major component, and was the same service engineer that repaired the old one, that came out and repaired the new one beginning i think 2019 top off my head, and samsung telling me that the repair would be a one off gesture.

I had hoped at the price it cost i would not be faced with problems with it, but again this year it broke down again this time the fridge not chilling. food in date going off, this time samsung refusing any help and ao.com offering to pay half the cost of a service report

them also saying the 5 year warranty had to be registered, nothing to say the 5 year warranty it was advertised with had to be registered and informed by ao.com it would have came with the paperwork.

It was delivered on the 14/10/2017 i emailed them on the 20/10/17 i emailed them to inform them that i had received no paperwork, or any for the £200 offer of the cash back, and i enquired about the price match, to receive an email back on the 25/10/17 stating they could not offer the price match, but offered me a £50 off my next purchase.

They never mentioned about paperwork [ manuals ] so i them phoned them, to be informed it was available on pdf, and i asked why the price match was not honoured, and informed because it was taken out on finance i was not entitled to that offer, finance was buy now pay later or take out over 3 years, was taken out over the 3 years in 2018, but settled in 2019

I'm sorry you've been unwell – but the amount of time which has elapsed means that we have to go back to it again and try to understand it all once more.

I'm going to have to say though that from what I've read so far in this new post of yours, I'm still a bit confused.

My last post – a month ago – ask you to give us the facts without the narrative – but I'm afraid that you've included lots of narrative as well.

How about a simple bullet pointed chronology. I'm not really sure what your first fish has got to do with it quite frankly. It seems to me that it is simply a problem which has occurred with a fridge freezer which he bought in 2017.

Could you try to go through it in simple steps – and also this time – despite your illness (I'm sorry about this), please stick with the thread

I hope it works out for you.

I'm sorry that you are so upset

• 2 weeks later...

you cant raise a section 75 against a retail, you have no credit agreement with them under the said Consumer Credit Act 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm sure we can help you – I don't really understand the full story and I'm afraid that I still need to ask you to set it all out in a bullet pointed fashion without too much narrative.

Looks to me as if you had two fridges and you've been let down and both of them and fobbed off on each one for some reason or other. You suffered losses including loss of food and you seem generally to have been mucked around.

However, you need to tell us the story concisely. It seems that there are two stories so why don't you post one story about the first freezer and what happened and then post the second one. It may well be that we can help you recover compensation in respect of both of them.

i was only using the last fridge freezer as an example, as is came with a 5 year warranty, when it suffered a major breakdown it was repaired and Samsung gave us another extended  5 year warranty on it, taking it up to 10 years, this was replaced 3 years ago as it started showing signs it was failing again, and was moved out to the garage until i got round to disposing go it, thats when i found i had cancer and spent quite a bit of time in hospital, so ws never disposed off, and at the moment its what we are having to use.

My problem is the new one purchased 3 years ago, same make Samsung only because we have never really had any problems with samsung products, 

it arrived with a fault i believe, which Samsung made very hard to prove, ice dispenser in my opinion has a fault, ice coming out white, and when used in fizzy drinks they would go flat instantly they were added to a fizzy drink, i was informed it was because of hard water, but where we live we don't have the problem of hard water, previous samsung model, is connected to the same water supply, ice comes out clear, and does not make drinks go flat, with all the hassle Samsung was making it to have it looked at, i  just gave up on this fault.

the second fault repaired top of my head in the last year, was a major breakdown, all frozen foods wasted, product was about 18 months old, Samsung refused to repair it saying product had not being registered, but as a one of gesture they would repair it, they had all the details of the product and the date it was purchased, i informed product was sold as stated on invoice 5 years manufactures warranty, no paperwork came with it, email sent just after it was delivered, followed up with a telephone call to be informed it was available on pdf.

then end of August beginning sept 2020, breaks down again, this time all food in fridge going off, both samsung and Ao.com who it was purchased from in October 2017 refusing to cover the product and i would have to pay for repairs myself.

This morning Monday 7th Dec 2020 i had an engineer out, the company that is authorised to carry out Samsung repairs at my cost to be told that the unit is unfit for repair, as all the insulation has gone porus something that very rarely goes and if so would be down to a manufacturing fault, its being temporally repaired, and have being told it might last long enough to last me past xmas, but after that i will have the same problems again due to the fault, and the fault not repairable. 

The company will email me a report in the next couple days, going to ask them if they still have the details from the freezer breakdown from about a year ago, is the same company that was out then and the one that called today as authorised by Samsung to see if i can get the exact date and what the fault was then,  so after the xmas if it lasts until then i will have a product thats just 3 years old at a cost of £1800 and is fit only for the scrap heap now, it was taken out on finance and after a year i paid off the balance due in full, i had hoped it was just a repair it was going to need, but now its the unit is beyond repair, i don't know where to start

It's going to take me some time to understand the story because it still seems to be convoluted and I expect I will be asking you for the questions. However, I understand that you are waiting for a report and you are proposing to ask the repair company for information about the previous fridge.
If this is correct then I would suggest that you wait.

Don't start doing anything which makes the repair company think that maybe there is trouble coming and that they should start being reluctant about letting you have any information. Do one thing at a time.

I'll try to get my head around the story in the next few hours

Okay I've had a look. I did ask you to post up in a bullet pointed chronology and it would have made life much easier. This is what I expected:

• You bought a Samsung fridge freezer in 2018
  • On arrival it appeared to have a fault with the ice dispenser but Samsung didn’t accept that it was a fault.
  • You gave up on that
  • 2019, when it was 18 months old the fridge freezer broke down completely. All food was wasted. Samsung said that the fridge freezer had not been registered so Samsung refused to honour the warranty but agreed to repair as a gesture of goodwill.
  • Refused to reimburse for the lost food
  • August 2020 fridge breaks down again. Samsung and AO have refused any liability.
  • Seventh of December, Samsung authorised engineer arrives and pronounces that fridge is unfit for repair. In
  • Now preparing to email a report

Please let me know if this is correct.

You haven't told us the cost of the fridge freezer – or if you have I've lost track of it.

Anyway, I'm sure that any new fridge freezer should be delivered in satisfactory condition and should remain that way for a reasonable period of time. I would expect a fridge freezer to last for 10 years.

Clearly it hasn't done and therefore the suppliers AO are liable for it and all ancillary damage which it would be reasonable to foresee. This includes the loss of food.

You say that they are preparing to email you a report – I wonder if you will really get it. The engineer has declared that it is unfit for repair and I can imagine that Samsung would prefer that you didn't get a report which said this.

Please send Samsung an SAR immediately – and you want to request all data which they hold on you. Use our SAR template and make sure that your SAR is completely as wide-open as possible so that there is no reference only to this fridge freezer or the previous fridge freezer or anything. You want everything that they have on you.

Unfortunately this will take 30 days so you better get the SAR off today.

What are you doing for a fridge in the meantime?

What is the value of the food which was lost?

I think you should be claiming a new fridge freezer, the value of the lost food – and something on top for the cheek. I expect that you will eventually have to issue the claim papers. We won't hang around and I foresee this happening about the middle or late January. Let us know if you are up for this. Make sure that you have read around this forum about the steps involved in taking a small claim in the County Court. Your action will be against AO.

You should also send an SAR to AO. Do that today as well.

Please confirm that you are doing this.

Finally, can you please tell us the story of the first fridge – in broadly the same way that I have set out your story of the second fridge – a bullet pointed chronology and don't bother with the narrative

I am probably confusing it with the 2.

I am using the old appliance as reference really, purchased 2007, came with a 5 year warranty which did not require to be registered and some components on it came with a 10 year warranty, i have in the past bought appliances that came with a 3 year warranty extended to 5 for example if registered, so i know the difference from something advertised with a 5 year warranty with the options of it being extended longer upon registration.

This too had very similar issues while in use, { similar to the problems i am now having with the new one purchased in 2017.}

It broke down with a major  mechanical issue, lost frozen food, was repaired under the 5 year warranty, 

Because it was a major failure Samsung extended the warranty on it to 10 years.

when it was about 9 years developed the same failure, again it was repaired under the warranty, the engineer that called out did inform me that it may fix it for a while and if it was to start showing signs of doing the same thing the issue  was more to be with the insulation failing and would be unrepairable, so when it started showing signs in 2017 we purchased the new one in October 2017 and old one put out into the outhouse.

October 2017  at a cost of £1799 purchased online from AO.com with buy now pay later, when this was due it was then financed over 3 years and settled in full a year into the 3 year finance.

Installed by AO.com and packaging removed by them.

Advertised with a 5 year warranty as stated on receipt no mention of it having to be registered, and a sticker on the door saying the inverter guaranteed for 10 years, so this is telling me it at least has a life expectancy of at least 10 years hopefully longer.

October 2017 arrived with no paperwork or manuals, i emailed them within 2 days of delivery  followed up with a telephone call, as my email was not answered with what i asked.

The email i sent was enquiring about the paperwork, it was advertised with £200 cash back and price match, and as Currys had the same product advertised cheaper, i informed them of this and the returning email informing me i was not entitled to this due to it being financed, the follow up call was to ask more about this and also the missing paperwork to be told it was available in a pdf which i got and thought nothing else of it.

It was a few months in when i reported it to Samsung where they had all the details of the model and its purchased date regarding the ice dispenser and i thought it had a fault, the ice would come out white, and added to a fizzy drink it would flatten it, the previous one purchased in 2007 connected to the same water supply came out as clear ice and drinks always stayed fizzy, why i presumed a fault with the new one.

This would have being early in 2018 i reported this to Samsung, and they asked what appliance i was calling about the one purchased in 2007 or the one in 2017 , the 2017 i am reporting and kept getting it was not a fault and due to hard water.

In Scotland we don't have hard water, and was informed if they sent a engineer out and no fault found i would ave to pay for the call, so i gave up on chasing this.

Second fault was roughly a year ago, reported to Samsung to be informed it was not under Warranty, i informed them it was sold and advertised with a 5 yer warranty and as a goodwill gesture they would send out engineer to repair it due to it being less than 2 years old, major fault where all frozen food wasted, broke down while away on holiday, and i had previously posted about this on the CAG site on FB due to Samsung at first refusing to repair it.

End of Sept 2020 another breakdown this time food in fridge going off, food wasted again i contacted Samsung to inform them, had to send them copy of purchase invoice that stated it had a 5 year warranty which i did, they then gave me the details for the company that does there work,  they called to arrange the visit and asked who was paying the bill {same company that came out to the old one purchased in 2007 for all the repairs done on this } again contacted Samsung to inform me i would have to pay this myself and repairs to it.

Sent email to customer service at AO.com with the problems so far, and all they offered to do was pay half the cost of a service report so i was not out of pocket but unable to help towards repairs.

Last week i arranged myself at my own cost £78 for the engineers to call out, who arrived today, to inform me the insulation is faulty because it has gone porus and this is a manufacture defect and is also unrepairable.

They are more than happy to state this in there report as i have explained to them whats going on.

I have not included the exact dates, but do have them from emails sent/recieved and the company has the details from the last breakdown and date,  the old fridge i have only mentioned because i suffered the same faults and aware what have might being wrong with the new purchase in 2017 where the new purchase has not lasted 3 years before fit for the scrap.

As the old fridge was still in the outhouse unused, cleaned it up and appears to be working for now, engineer reckons that if its brought into the house it would start to fail, its prob only working because its cold out in the outhouse

• You bought a Samsung fridge freezer in 2017
  • On arrival it appeared to have a fault with the ice dispenser but Samsung didn’t accept that it was a fault.
  • You gave up on that
  • 2019, when it was 18 months old the fridge freezer broke down completely. All food was wasted. Samsung said that the fridge freezer had not been registered so Samsung refused to honour the warranty but agreed to repair as a gesture of goodwill.
  • August 2020 fridge breaks down again. Samsung and AO have refused any liability.
  • Seventh of December, engineer arrives paid for by ourselves and arranged by us and pronounces that fridge is unfit for repair. In

i have as yet not sent a SAR to either Samsung or AO.com, can i send this via email to there customer services? purchase price was £1799.00 cost a bit more than that on the finance with the 2 breakdowns i reckon the food wasted has being about £200 and £78 for the engineer to call out, who has fixed it, but reckons it will last until xmas, he has also taken pictures to show the failure, i am not bothered out the last freezer, it is over 10 years old even though i expected it to last longer than that also, i also have a old fridge i keep for drinks, and thats 25 years old and cost about £60 and has never let me down yet, wait and see it will now lol 

and sorry about the novel 

Edited by stevvieboi

I produced a distillation of the story and basically I asked you to comment on it and to avoid narrative.

I also asked you if you are up to taking a legal action.

You responded once again with an extended account/narrative without really commenting on my bullet pointed summary and you failed completely to address the question as to whether or not you are prepared to take legal action.

At the risk of you throwing a wobbly again and deciding to go off and get better advice from someone else, I have to say that you are creating unnecessary work for us and you are making it more complicated for yourself and slowing things down.

What I do gather now is that you have paid almost £2000 for a fridge freezer – and this is the second time you've done it – and both times a fridge freezer has broken down and you get fobbed off and for some reason or other, you don't seem to do very much about it other than get hot under the collar when we try to help you on this forum.

£2000 is an extraordinary amount for a fridge freezer and its incredible that these companies can sell such an expensive item and then try to wash their hands of any further responsibility after a couple of years or so. I'm trying to work out whether it's more incredible or less incredible that customers seem to accept this level of treatment.

I'd like you to stop all the narrative please and simply tell me if I've got the story right and if not what bits are missing – and avoid the narrative. Also tell me if you think you are prepared to take legal action.

I think if you are not prepared to contribute to this in the way that we need, it would be a shame because I see a very easy win here for you – not only on this one also the cost of wasted food on the old fridge – assuming that you are still within the six year limitation period for breach of contract

because of my dyslexia and most people who suffer from it, the only way for those that suffer from it to to go to great lengths to get a point across and to understand things,

i did adjust the points to show the correct information you did for me, and you did also ask me to explain things,

also i had said i was not claiming on the old fridge was using it as an example to the same problems i am having with the new one,

from your last message regarding the SAR i presumed that i could not do anything further yet until i get this back and then taking it from there with regards to court action,

yes i am frustrated with the fridge, and yes i get frustrated with my condition and having to keep explaining this and being made to feel stupid then its no wonder i am getting upset,

i feel like your criticising me because i am struggling to get to put it the way you want, when i have tried to do what you have asked, and have came here because i am struggling with some of the stuff on here, where you mind know all the ins and outs what to do,

you maybe just don't realise how difficult this is with this condition

Firstly, I know a great deal about what it's like to have this condition. I probably know more about it then you could imagine.  I think it's a very risky business making assumptions about what people know what they don't know about life conditions. So

Secondly, I'm doing my best to understand the entire case. It's not about the way that I want it – it's about the way that I needed presented so that I understand it and then I can then help you to make the best case possible – and frankly, probably get a new fridge and also compensation for the lost food.

Of course it's more difficult doing in a forum environment – but I'm afraid that's the price you pay for getting the advice and support free of charge. If you are prepared to pay the £200 an hour or £300 an hour that a solicitor would ask you, then you might find it easier because you will be able to deal with that person face-to-face. We are not able to do that here.  I don't know what the answer is.

I just need very short sentences.

In particular, I just need confirmation that my summary is correct

• You bought a Samsung fridge freezer in 2017
  • You gave up on that
  • 2019, when it was 18 months old the fridge freezer broke down completely. All food was wasted. Samsung said that the fridge freezer had not been registered so Samsung refused to honour the warranty but agreed to repair as a gesture of goodwill.
  • Seventh of December, engineer arrives paid for by yourselves and arranged by you  and pronounces that fridge is unfit for repair. 

If it's not correct then maybe you can simply say in one or two sentences the points that have been missed out.

Also, I need to know if you are prepared to take legal action. If you issue the claim papers then it may be that they will put their hands up. That would be great. However, suppose they decide to face you out and you end up in a mediation hearing – or more seriously in a court hearing – which might either be face-to-face or on the telephone.

How do you feel about that? Would you be prepared to do it? That's what I'm asking – and I don't think you have given me a reply. These are very important questions. Frankly if you have any doubts about going to court and you are not prepared to do so then I expect that there is very little to be done.

That's why it's so important to know now how far you are prepared to go with this.

To forget that if you end up in a court hearing, then it won't do you any good at all getting hot under the collar in front of a judge.

hi sorry not replied before now, i should have said that i had changed the bullet points you put on, yes i am prepared to go to court, SAR has being sent to AO and Samsung, i had also sent Ao a copy of the engineers report and just got this reply back this morning, and have enclosed the report

regards steve 

Good morning Mr Sansum

Thank you for your reply and for the enclosed engineers report. I am very sorry to hear that the appliance is unrepairable. 

As the appliance is unrepairable then we would agree that it has not lasted as long as it should. When this happens we provide a reduced refund based on the time you have to claim for an item under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, in your case this is 5 years as you are in Scotland. 

The total refund for the appliance will be £622.96, which is worked out by taking the total cost which was £1699 and dividing that by the number of months, which is 60 and this is then multiplied by the number of months you would have remaining, which is 22. We are also going to refund you the cost you incurred in having the report produced which is a further £78.00 bring the full amount to £700.96. 

We will need to arrange the collection of the appliance, which we can do from Friday onwards. The refund will then be processed back to your finance account. If this will leave you in credit, V12 will reimburse you. Please let us know when would be best for collection. 

The issue with the TV is separate. Once we have the engineers report for that one we can look into it for you. With regards to the warranty registration, it is advised on every Samsung product that the warranty needs to be registered. A card is also included by the manufacturer with every purchase as there has now been 3 years then it would not be possible for you to prove to Samsung that this was not included and therefore the 5 year warranty is not valid I’m afraid. 

I hope that the above is okay and that we can look forward to ending this matter for you soon. If you do have any questions at all then we are more than happy to assist. In addition, if you would prefer a phone call then please reply with a contact number as the ones we had for you were not valid when we last tried. 

Kind regards, 

Brendan

ao.com

Colin.pdf

Thank you. I don't entirely understand the calculation – but they are offering you a reimbursement of £622.96 p. Although this is being paid against the total cost of £1699, I really don't see how they work this out. It is about one third  of the purchase price.

I have to say that this is the second time that I've seen somebody make a claim against AO and overall, their response is not bad. Maybe they are not offering enough but the fact that they are engaging with you and not simply denying any liability says an awful lot for this company.

Most other companies – and I'm talking about companies much larger with much greater resources than simply try to wriggle out of their liabilities. This company – AO.com – is actually trying to step up to the mark so kudos to them for that.

Looking at this again, I have a sense that they are saying that because the limitation period is five years in Scotland, and because you have reported the fault after 38 months into the contract, they are saying that there is 22 months remaining of the limitation period and therefore they are compensating you for that particular period.

That's an interesting way of looking at it and I've never seen this before – but unfortunately for them, it's completely wrong.

What is also interesting is that they are agreeing – apparently without question – to refund you the cost of the report. That is remarkable and once again it shows great goodwill by this company. We get so many poor companies with dismal customer consumer rights approaches, that AO.com stand out head and shoulders above them all.

However, as I said, there basis for calculating is faulty.

First of all they seem to be saying that the limitation period begins from the beginning of the contract. This is wrong. The five year limitation period begins from the time that you discover the fault or that you could reasonably have done so. On that basis, if you discover the fault 38 months into the contract, and brought it to their attention then, using their calculation you would be entitled to 100% reimbursement.
This would also be wrong.

The correct calculation is to get a fairly accurate assessment of the expected life of the fridge freezer. Then take the number of months of satisfactory use, deduct that as a percentage of the expected life – and that produces the amount of reimbursement that you should be entitled to.
In other words, you have had some satisfactory use – and it is reasonable that you should pay for that. However it would not be reasonable to expect you to pay for the months or years of unsatisfactory use.

Does this make sense?

You have two choices, you can either accept their offer and put an end to the problem. Or you can pursue them for a much greater level of reimbursement.

Also I believe that you suffered some loss of foodstuffs when the freezer packed up – is this correct? If that is right then they haven't proposed any compensation for that.

yes this makes sense, i do want to take this further, if it was covered by the warranty then i would have had it completely replaced, on delivery it came with no paperwork, email sent followed with a telephone just after delivery to inform them off this, still have these in my sent folder.

Invoice states 5 year warranty no mention it has to be registered and looking at T&C it says may have to be registered, feel the description is also misleading that i have to go searching to find this,

i purchased it in good faith because it was advertised with the 5 year warranty

don't know if the delivery people took the manuals away with the rubbish, because i just presumed it was on PDF as most companies are doing this these days, and i prefer that myself less manuals lying about, and i have informed them 2 separate occasions that all food was wasted 

thanks for your reply .

I have had a look on the Samsung forum and it appears my fridge is not the only one having these failures

Edited by stevvieboi

If you have found evidence of other failures with the same model then please take screenshots. They will be valuable evidence.

What is the value of the wasted food in respect of this fridge freezer. Not the previous one.

What is the reason the life expectancy of this model fridge freezer?

i am not sure if its the same model, is a samsung fridge freezer with exactly the same issues i am experiencing, food also being wasted.

At anytime i would say its usually about 200-300 pound of food, our dogs are raw fed, and their food is also stored in this, last breakdown i did take pictures of the wasted food and from the first breakdown pictures you can clearly see its not a small amount.

It does have a sticker on the door saying Samsung guarantees certain parts 10 years warranty, so i would assume its expected to last 10 years or more .

i did find this on a google search:- 

Appliances aren’t always the cheapest of items, so getting some that will last you a long time is ideal. Fortunately, when it comes to luxury appliances from Samsung, you’ll find that they’re built to last. If you’ve been dealing with some major appliances that look to be on their way out, find out here if that’s the normal life expectancy or if your appliances should be living much longer.

Refrigerator

Arguably one of our most important appliances, if your refrigerator goes out, so do you – straight to a restaurant and straight into debt. Refrigerators tend to make it to the old age of 15 years, sometimes less time and sometimes longer. Normally, you stop using a refrigerator appliance when it suddenly dies, but it’s usually better to replace it before that day comes.

Once your refrigerator goes out, your food that needs to stay at a cooler temperature starts going bad, and you end up with a complicated mess on your hands. Prepare yourself for the worst and if it hits 15 years, replace your refrigerator ASAP.

Okay well we'll say 15 years.

How many years of good use did you have from it?

Start thinking about the food that was wasted and come up with a realistic figure. If this ever happens again, take photos and make sure you get a proper calculation

Also, get lots more evidence of these fridge freezers breaking down in the same way that yours has done

sorry think my pc is playing up grrrrr if its not one thing its another lol, with the breakdowns i would say its about a year and a half of good use out of it, i will get the pics and some screen shots off the Samsung forum also while i wait for the SAR 

thank you 

• 2 months later...

hi folks its being a while, finally got my mac back working again, and need to pick some brains and get this fridge freezer sorted out 

i did send an email to both AO.COM and SAMSUNG requesting SAR which both companies received and i have left it longer due to covid in case of short staff, but as of yet i have not received from either of them 

• 5 weeks later...