Unrepairable TV on finance advice please

Acerfan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Legally though they don't have to provide an additional warranty - if you've got one, all well and good, but you can't expect it.

As I said, they can offer what they like and in a fair few cases you would just get the remaining warranty.

And if you have entered into a contract to buy a TV, say, at £800 and it went wrong, you would be entitled to (at best) a replacement TV of the same spec - not a better spec. A consumer cannot have betterment in law. If the trader offers you a better spec replacement, that's great - but legally you aren't entitled to one. This would apply however you have paid.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

I think it's unlikely to be the case here, though, as the chances are that a TV can be replaced with one of the same spec.

I can see the argument for a better machine if there were no replacement items of the same spec and it was cheaper for the trader to do this than rescind.

However it's probably unlikely that there would be no like-for-like replacement unless some considerable time had passed and the spec had become obsolete, in which case the wear and tear issue would have to be taken into account anyway.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Finally got through to speak to the manager yesterday after no answer all day. Mentioned my 6% discount & he said no problem, would refund the difference to my card (I paid deposit on card) when I come to collect. Yippee!! Can't believe I'm getting such a good deal. But can't help thinking I might get a little suprise when I get it though ie the scalp of the young guy who agreed to it stapled to the box!!!

Anywho, anyone in the Norwich area go ahead, get down to Bennetts & speak to Alistair if you've got any problems...