AO.COM american fridge freezer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks need some advice with problems i am having with samsung,

i have an american fridge freezer costing over £1600 that came with a 5 year manufacture warranty from date of purchase,
it is now just over a year and half old and broke down both fridge and freezer stopped cooling, all food wasted,

this was purchased through AO.COM
on the invoice it states it has a 5 year warranty,
also in the pack it came with a card for registering it for the inverter for 10 years and has sticker on the door saying this,

at the time i took ill and did not register it for the 10 years,
however i was under the impression the 5 year manufacturers warranty was in place,

on phoning samsung they inform me that the warranty does not apply,
even though they have the purchase date from AO.COM and the purchase is on their system,

it developed a fault when it was 4 months old and when i phoned samsung they had all the details,
but are now telling me its not covered by the 5 year warranty,
and that the manager will allow a one of repair but any other problems will have to be paid for,
i have looked up samsung T&C and this is what it says

GENERAL

The warranty card and warranty information included with the product provides details of the warranty for the product and the associated terms and conditions.
The information included with the product may provide a specific website address for the warranty information, in which case the warranty for the product is as stated at that website address.
The warranty periods and warranty services referred to above are intended as a guide only and variations may occur. If there are differences between the warranty card and information included with the product and the information shown above, the warranty card and information included with the product shall apply.
The warranty periods apply from the first date of purchase of the product. To obtain warranty service, the original proof of purchase will be required and the serial number affixed to the product must be complete and undamaged.
The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty may not apply to consumable items included with or in the product, which may have a reduced or no warranty period.
The warranty card and warranty information included with the product will state specific exclusions to the warranty (e.g. where a defect is caused by misuse or unauthorised repair of the product) which must be checked before requesting service under the warranty.
To obtain assistance under the warranty, please contact Samsung using the details in the Contact Us section

anyone any idea where i stand with this, any help greatly appreciated

forget warranties

not worth the paper they are written on

your recourse is against AO.COM under consumer rights act.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

hi folks

posted a few weeks ago on facebook with regards to our Samsung american fridge freezer purchased from AO.com Oct 2017

states 5 year manufacturer warranty,

so far its had 3 issues,

one within the first few months of purchase with regards to water issue, that never was resolved or any explanation as to why, on that call they confirmed with me the purchase date,

skip forward to it just been a year old, freezer breaks down, all food wasted, called to be informed that it was not covered by manufacture warranty as it was out of date, i informed them it came with a 5 year manufactures warranty as started on the order, as per attachment its website also says the product come with a 5 year warranty,

now under the trading standards and the consumers rights act this product does not meet the expectations it was purchased for when it is having these issues, and on 2 occasions i have had to wasted food, which during these times i cannot afford to be wasting food in a product that clearly is not able to do what its meant to,

i don't think 2 breakdowns of this sort in such a sort space of time wasting food, and at the cost of this product i expected more than a year and a half life out of such product, again when its broke down and wasted food does not inspire me for the future and how reliable a product this is when its failed on 2 separate occasions wasting food, and as the order states 5 year manufactures warranty,

this is the second Samsung fridge freezer i have now purchased, first one broke down and was repaired under the 5 year warranty that came with, and because of the fault its warranty was extended by another 5 years, thankfully it was stored in the garage, as we have had to take this out as the new one keeps breaking down,

this is my second purchase from AO.com and second time i have had problems with them, this was the reply i got from ao, it was installed by ao.com and there was no manuals with the appliance and i presumed it was all now done on pdf formats as thats where i got the instructions from any advice would be greatly appreciated as to what i can do next

thank you 

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email, I hope you are well and staying safe. I’m so sorry for the delayed response and we thank you for your patience as we’re experiencing a longer wait than normal at the moment.

I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you have had with this appliance, This is certainly not the level of service we strive to achieve.

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have had with this appliance, Upon checking I can confirm to get the 5 year warranty with this appliance this will need to be registered and this is advertised in the T&Cs when you are purchasing the product.

We want to help get this sorted for you and as this is no longer covered under the warranty you may need to get an independent engineer to come out and get this repaired for you.

We would not want you to be out of pocket and therefore we will always contribute towards the cost of this repair for you.

We can arrange for an engineer to attend from Samsung but this will be a chargeable visit which we will also contribute towards for you.

If you would like to discuss this with us further, our Customer Experience Team can be contacted on 0344 324 9222.

Kind Regards
Michael
AO.com

118939182_10157075827586601_3943680560823641577_n.jpg

I've merged the old thread and the new thread together. Please don't start separate threads on the same subject. It doesn't help anybody – especially not you.

Also, I'm sorry to say that when you post in an extremely long block of text in the way that you have, it makes it extremely difficult to read and it tends to put people off from giving you the kind of help and support that you are looking for.

So please would you repost your most recent thread properly spaced and punctuated and then will have a look at it and try to give the answers you need.

… and by the way, you say that you posted a few weeks ago about this fridge freezer. In fact it seems that you posted a year ago

sorry i am  dyslexic, the one from last year would have been the first major breakdown it had, and they refused then to repair it, i had posted on the forum on Facebook a few weeks ago regarding this one, and followed the advice given and contacted AO

i should have updated the last post last year, but medication i am on for recovering from cancer my memory is not as sharp right now

Okay, we can deal with it – and we can support you with your dyslexia – but we do need the post properly spaced.

Maybe the thing to do would be to start a new thread completely and post the story from the beginning right up until now – but please will you take care to space your text/paragraphs/sentences correctly so that it is easy to read.

I hope you won't mind me saying that even people who don't have dyslexia will have difficulty reading it and so it will be helpful if you could go through it carefully. Thanks

Great. I will close this thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks