mattpj v natwest

mattpj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi thanks a lot for replying let me get you up to speed.

I have sent my first two letters and I am now due to put in a MCOL. The schedule of charges i have sent are just for the charges only, as I understood it you could not include the interest until i get to the MCOL stage.

I have been using the Vampiress spreadsheet to do this, but this was not the ones i sent in both my letters.

So what can i do next? Add all the charges again to the new spreadsheet and then put thru the MCOL or do i really need to start from scratch.. I really keen to avoid that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got a choice here, Matt. Look on the bright side - at least it's a choice that you're making and not some bank doing it for you !!

If you want to stick with 8% Statutory interest, then you can just carry on with your MCOL claim, and add your 8% to that.

If you're not sure what to do, then I would suggest you take a break, and postpone your claim until you're sure. Put your figures into a spreadsheet that calculates both the 8% Statutory and the XX% Contractual. You can then see the difference between the two. If the contractual is worth going for, then you will have to start again with another prelim. It's been done before - you simply tell them that since they have taken so long to pay up, you have had the benefit of further advice, and are now claiming contractual. That way, you don't lose face, but they get their @$$es kicked for messing you about.

Try this sheet. Ignore columns H to P, and just fill in the yellow shaded cells, and columns A,B & C.

http://upload2.net/page/download/KH5DXXfx6GF1KzW/Copy+of+16_Throughout_claim_with_compounded_contractual_interest.xls.html

PS Give it a minute to download.

A good point on charging them the current unauthorised borrowing rate.......that was something i was concerned about.

Bill-k is top Monkey!!!!!!!! Might even send a couple of lines to him to check for me too.;)

WON £4000 v NAT WEST

A good point on charging them the current unauthorised borrowing rate.......that was something i was concerned about.

Bill-k is top Monkey!!!!!!!! Might even send a couple of lines to him to check for me too.;)

Cheers, guys - yeah, do that RB, and you too, Matt. When you're ready. ;)

Well I can see you've these guy's sorted Bill, keep up the good work!! ;)

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi, Matt

Did you get the spreadsheets I e-mailed over? Did they help?

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Westy,

Got the spreadsheets fine, thanks a lot! After deliberating over it I am going to go straight into a claim, Time is off the essence to me and it would a lot more for me to get the money sooner than later.

I really appreciate all the advice, its great that you have found the time for me.

Nae bother.

W

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Matt - sorry if that spready link didn't work. I'm looking for a better way to share files. But I see Westy's here with you, so you're in good company.

Post up a sample line from your spready for someone to check, before you send in your claim. Just to be sure, to be sure !! :)

hey guys sorted my MCOL but not pushed the submit button just yet. I needed to check a few things.

I take i push yes for claiming interest?

My claim is for 2160, the interest as worked out on 1st December is 262.59 pence. I worked the daily interest rate as 0.47 Did i get this right?

Also do i give the interest figure at the 1st december or todays date

Many Thanks

Matt

Matt -

The £160 figure is simple interest on £2000. It's very, very low - if you claimed compound it would be a lot more. But, as I've said before, it's up to you.

Westy

Westy

Sorry, Matt - forgot what thread. OK 8% statutory, then.

OK - My final "deal or no deal" proposition - then I'll shaddup - it's your dosh after all. At a rough guess, looking at your totals, I'd say that contractual interest would increase your claim by about £500.

That's it, I'm outta here. My work is done.

Not necessarily starting again.

If you haven't actually filed your claim yet, there's nothing binding to change.

Have you filed your claim?

Westy

Westy

I certainly do, Bill.

the rate I'm claiming is the authorised rate, i.e., 17.95% on thelosses I've suffered, plus 8% on the lot. Unauthorised rate is 29.65%, I think but you can check through the NatWest website.

W

Westy

• 1 month later...

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D