Parkdean failing to refund Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

me and my son booked two caravan sites at Ty Mayr for the 13/07/2020 after already having it moved once.

We were then phoned by Parkdean https://www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/  one day before we were due to go, telling us that we were unable to go.

We told their employee several times that this didn’t apply to us as we were self contained, however he wouldn’t budge. 

As we had all already booked a week off work we had to desperately ring round for another site at a higher cost.

Several hours later the employee rang us back apologising and saying that he had made a mistake which was too late for us.

He then promised our refund within 45 days which never happened.

Phoned again after more than 80 days and promised within 3 to 5 days, 10 days later and still no refund.

Have you any idea how I can escalate this.

Customers services are a joke

Firstly, please will you avoid posting in a solid block of text. It makes it difficult to read and it discourages people who might want to help you. Properly spaced and punctuated please.

Secondly, it sounds to me is if you have been more than patient with these people.

In addition to the money which is not been refunded, have you suffered any other losses? Did you go on holiday or was the week off work wasted? Did you have to get another holiday at a higher cost?

• BankFodder changed the title to Parkdean failing to refund Refund

Hi Shaz,

We also need to know if you paid by credit or debit card as this is relevant to your next moves.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yes that is an important question and I didn't think to ask you.

However, if you did try to make a chargeback that wouldn't get you any of the other expenses/losses you might have incurred.

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

We did have to book on at another site at a higher cost otherwise we would have had a wasted holiday.

We paid for the booking by debit card.

Please can you tell us how much extra you had to pay.

In terms of the booking which you made by debit card with ParkDean, I suggest that you contact your bank immediately and begin a chargeback process. They should refund you your money very quickly.

After that, if you are out of pocket by some related expenses which were reasonably incurred – and the extra cost involved in an alternative holiday probably does qualify for that, then you could recover that if you want and we will help you.

How much extra did it cost you – including any extra travel expenses et cetera.