• Tweets

• thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • Good evening folks, i have my hearing tomorrow at 3pm. I have never been to court for a civil matter, what is likely to happen  and what do i need to do?  I plan on going straight from work, i finish at 2pm, it will take about half an hour to get there, does that sound ok? I called the court late this afternoon, sadly i was too late in the day and the office was closed.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The time has come to "crush" lloyds..

HSBCrusher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats a problem I think we all can suffer from, I know I do.

We let things go by, deadlines come and go, still no money.

At least its in my account now!

As I said earlier though, I didnt get my CC sorted with this lot, so spreadsheets out... watch this space! :-D

• 4 weeks later...

You think that's bad! When I worked at LTSB in edited!, the then business manager used to withhold the bank's cut of any loan insurance premium refunds if the customer settled early. The matter of unpaid items when you pay in same day is a hot potato now! The managers make their decisions at 9am and cannot change it even if someone phones at 9.30am. The system has changed - it's called single decisioning! Really helpful!

• Haha 1

Red Dave

Welcome to our site !!

I do hope your making a claim, the irony would be fantastic !!

Otherwise, I hope your planning to hang around and impart some insider wisdom to us !!

Regards

photoman

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

You think that's bad! When I worked at LTSB in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX the then business manager used to withhold the bank's cut of any loan insurance premium refunds if the customer settled early. The matter of unpaid items when you pay in same day is a hot potato now! The managers make their decisions at 9am and cannot change it even if someone phones at 9.30am. The system has changed - it's called single decisioning! Really helpful!

Hello Dave, thanks for that.

It's really annoying, and so illogical. How can you go overdrawn within the same day?

Are you still an employee, because if you are you need to edit out your details for your own safety, and give Dave or Bankfodder a PM to let them know.

A warm welcome to you Dave to the CAG!

Crusher :-D

Hi, I am extremely interested in your case and will be monitoring your response. I have a jount account, myself and my husband both have savings accounts each and a business account each. Due to Lloyds (without masks) we do not have a good credit rating anymore and therefore cannot open a 'parachute account'. This means, I think, that it would be dangerous for me to take them on. Do you have an opionion on this? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread, excellent advice on all counts, particularly Red Dave! I'm in the early stages (awaiting statements after sending SAR) to Lloyds, and from what I've read on the forums, they are one of the most stubborn banks to deal with!

Glad you managed to get a settlement, HSBCrusher - Nice one!!

:)

Lloyds TSB

03/02/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

15/03/07 Received statements (exactly 40 days after SAR)

15/03/07 Sent Prelim

21/03/07 Received standard response ack. Prelim

29/03/07 Sent LBA

Halifax

15/03/07 SETTLED

Partial Settlement (75% of claim)

• 2 months later...

Hi Crusher, not as stubborn as some I can tell you! :grin:, you were saying:D

There all the same and getting worse:rolleyes:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

I have a court date set for 14 June 07 against Lloyds Bank.

I need to get my Court info ready - The solicitors say that I havent taken into account some refunds that have already been made over the years -

Does anyone know if its ok to change the claim amount prior to the court hearing?

Hi CCard,

Welcome to the forum:)

First you need to start your own thread, so your questions can be answered (back to Lloyds top left corner new thread).

When you say the solicitors who do you mean?

Is it your solicitor? if that was the case, they should be able to tell you that you need to fill in N244 amendment to claim.

You can't just change it.

Start reading as much as you can, http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faq.php

And here is the N244 http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n244_0400.pdf

Hope this has helped,

Happy claiming:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 years later...

the last post in this was 2007!

well, now the oft debacle is over, and the dust has settled, I think its time to take the fight back to Lloyds.

This reminds me somewhat of the early days, I'll need a new letter, and a new POC. Lets see where this goes eh? :-D

The Consumer Forums - FAQ - The New Bank Charges Position

HSBCrusher,

I currently have two claims in the court system awaiting to amend my POCs, I had a pretty torrid time with the banks Barrister who turned up to gloat, as it was the day that the Supreme Court handed down to court their decision re the bank charges etc. It was a good job I had already had sight of and read the decision that they had handed down The banks barrister seemed to be rather amazed when he was told by me to foxtrot oscar after he was most insistant that I had to discontinue with the claims as there was absolutely no chance of a decision now. The DJ asked if I wanted to re amend my pocs on the day but I went for the further options and asked for further time to seek legal advice and await further legal developments, he promptly granted my request and reserved costs that the bank wanted to claim.

I put in a further request for added time for legal advice at a later date and that again was granted by the DJ.

However with this site and the team behind it I have great faith in the knowledge that you will give them a bloody good fight to which I add the final immortal words, Exterminate!! Exterminate!! Exterminate!! :D

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have received the standard letter saying that the charges cannot be assessed for fairness under the UTCCRs giving us until the 9th of March to respond before our file is closed. We have not issued a court claim but do have past correspondence with LLoyds in which they state that the charges represent a "fair charge for a banking service that is valued by our customers" and in another letter they state "Like any business, we do have to make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair to charge for this service...... These are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. These are our prices for the service we provide in these situations."

So they have more or less said that the charges represent the cost of the admin involved and I shall be writing back to say we don't want them to close the file thanks! Any thoughts before I do respond?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON