PE/CST PCN letter before claim"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have been getting letters over the last year from Parking Eye & Debt Recovery Plus that I have just ignored. I have recently received one from CST LAW titled 'letter before claim' saying I owe £185.

Are these just another mob I can ignore or should I be paying?

I wasn't even driving the car that got the ticket I had loaned it to a family member who works at the hospital.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Welcome to the forum.

You did the right thing by coming here, because any letters before a Letter Before Claim are just hot air from paper tigers.  However, an LBC is a formal notice to commence legal proceedings so you need to reply.

Could you tell us a bit more about the incident and what PE reckon you did wrong?

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for quick reply.

PE are saying I parked without paying at my local hospital. Although it was a family member and not me as I loaned the car to her. My Aunty works at the hospital and I'm assuming she gets free parking in her own vehicle but obviously she used my car that day and I was the registered keeper so the letters came to me.

If I explain the situation will it be dropped or will they persue my relative? If its the latter I would rather just pay as I dont want any one chasing her up.

Does she have a permit then, or do the hospital operate a white list?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

OK, if you identify your relative as the driver then the parking company should leave you in peace but pursue her. 

However, as they are a bunch of crooks with no respect for the law they could well say it's "too late" for you to identify her or some such baloney and keep on at you regardless.  From what you wrote you don't want to go down this route regardless.

Certainly don't pay!  Even if they had you bang to rights you would owe £100.  The law is very clear about this.  The other sums they've added on are just made up and have no basis in law.  But hey, they are total crooks. 

We can certainly help you to pick holes in their claim.  Please post up the original PCN with your details redacted and fill in the forum sticky underneath.

However, as she has a staff pass, can you not get on to the hospital and demand they instruct Parking Eye to cancel?

Once you have the details up from the sticky we can see what best way forward is.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to PE/CST PCN letter before claim"

wont hurt you no

snotty letter time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As dx says, it's not essential that you don't have the original letter.  However, it's not a good idea to throw away paperwork when you're in legal dispute with someone.  In particular, to establish keeper liability the PPCs have to send out their letters during a strict time frame and they are often too stupid or arrogant to do so, which is why we would have liked to see what they sent you.

You need to reply to the Letter Before Claim.  PE are after drivers who think they have been fined and are terrified of the consequences, you on the other hand need to show you would be big trouble and would defend any court case.  As dx says, search for "snotty letter" using the search bar at the top of the page and post up a draft of what you propose to send.

However, as well as that the fact is that your relative works at the hospital, has a pass, and had every right to be there - just she used a different vehicle on that day.  Why don't the two of you get on to the hospital and get them to call off Parking Eye?  I'm baffled why you didn't go down that route a year ago, you could have nipped the whole thing in the bud.