Hermes again- serious help required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help with a name that you are familiar with please.

I am an admin for 2 groups dealing with the misery created by Hermes and their “self employed” drivers.

Over a period exceeding 6 months I have been told things on a level of immorality and criminality not easy to explain briefly.

I want to take my campaign against this company to a higher level notably the criminal courts via the Police and DPP.

So humbly ask your advice on how to.

Briefly;

Hermes advertise and promote a courier delivery service for which they charge along with offered extra insurance.

They constantly fail to provide this service as charged and insurance upon investigation provides cover for nothing except fresh air.

Surely fraud on both counts.

Additionally Hermes proclaim and deny any liability once the parcels and handed over to the drivers claiming they have met their obligation.

The self employed drivers are not obliged to get signatures for deliveries and frequently countless times steal parcels a matter well documented and proven.

Drivers as “self employed” can pick and choose who they do and don’t deliver to.

Hermes don’t care, their obligation is filled at handover they claim.

The drivers care even less and might return to sender or simply help themselves to parcel contents.

These are just tip of the iceberg references involving contents values totalling tens of thousands of pounds.

Theft on an industrial organised, serious crime, scale.

Not forgetting insurance fraud and a tacit accomplice to multiple thefts.

How do I go about presenting a case to get the Police involved and /or DPP.

Many victims do contact the Police but the Police show little interest.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid the simple answer your question is that – you don't. You don't manage to present a case to the police or anyone else – people have been trying for years.

I'm afraid all you can do is place relentless pressure on Hermes by bringing County Court actions at every possible opportunity. Hermes always put their hands up – but at some point they may decide that it's all too much and then decide to go the distance so that a judgement is obtained in court.

If you can produce definite evidence of criminality then we may be able to get the press involved. In fact it's very likely because we have extremely good contacts. In that case, you should bring the people along to tell the stories and to give us an idea of the kind of evidence they've got. If we could put enough of it together then we could reach the press and if the story went in which was sensational enough, then that might attract trading standards – but it would be a hard slog.

If you look through all the various threads here you will see that the stories are all very similar and that we have helped quite a lot of people now to begin County Court claims against Hermes and in every instance – bar one, there was a settlement. Generally speaking the settlements for the full amount but sometimes people lose heart and compromised – which we think is completely unnecessary. The one case which was lost with the case which actually went to court but I'm afraid the person stop taking our advice and went on it by himself and it was poorly argued – plus may be he pulled the short straw when it came to the judge. Who knows.

Can you tell us which groups you are an admin of?

Incidentally, you say that they "constantly fail to provide the service". I expect that this is probably not correct. They take on a huge amount of work and I expect that the majority of people are satisfied – but they are certainly overtrading because a huge number of people certainly have problems and Hermes doesn't seem to be very good at sorting them out.

In fact what we particularly dislike about Hermes is that when things go wrong, instead of stepping up to the mark and behaving responsibly towards their customers and looking at the failings of their own systems, they deny liability so that their customers are out of pocket and then Hermes simply seems to keep on going gaily along.

Hermes definitely need dealing with. They need a slap. Bring your people along here to tell their stories

Thank you for your prompt responses. I see I am preaching to the converted :) 

I am admin on my own group https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyHermesComplaints/ and joint admin on https://www.facebook.com/groups/238503390830639/.

Thanks for the advice I will post up a link to here for members can you please advise the best link to use.

Thanks again

Just use the main link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/

You say that you are preaching to the converted – if you have a look at the Hermes and other courier company stories that we have on this forum, you will find that we have been dealing with them all for years.

I hope you won't mind me saying that I don't altogether understand why there are two groups and it would be more powerful if they were amalgamated. Secondly, I believe that your groups are private and I think this is unhelpful because I think it is better if these kind of things are highly visible and certainly if people come to this forum and post the stories then they will find that this is an open forum and we have nothing to hide.

We often have people coming here with all sorts of problems and they think that it's important not to let the other side – the people they are up against – know what's going on. I'm afraid our view is completely different. We don't do secret-squirrel here.
Our position is always that as long as you are honest and straight dealing then you should be completely open about what you are doing because that way you gain the upper hand and also it attracts more people to you which puts more pressure on the business that you are trying to defend yourself against.

It may be that some of the people in your Hermes groups prefer to put their stories up in private – but I think they probably are worried for no reason at all and certainly they are doing themselves a disservice.

Hermes deserve a slap and they deserve it "in your face".

I'm quite sure that Hermes monitors this forum – so what?

Also, I hope you won't mind me saying that the Facebook group that I'm aware of – and there is even one which has more than 12,000 members, have by and large turned into talking shops. I'm afraid that Facebook doesn't lend itself to posting their own personal story about their problems and then receiving advice in one place which follows through without distraction from other people.

The forum format is a much better format for giving advice. If people come here then they should realise that this website is not piece of social media. We are in the business of asserting rights and we are not here simply to rant about Hermes or any other organisation.
Generally speaking our approach is short, sharp – assertive and aggressive. With Hermes we were generally speaking expect people to issue a County Court claim within six weeks.

We help people all the way and we even help them draft their letters and claims forms if necessary.

• Like 1

god those stupid facebook groups have weird ideas!!

bit like freeman of the land twaddle

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I think they do their best – but of course they aren't aware of forums such as the CAG which can give them real help to get their money back.

I don't think we can criticise them – but maybe help to steer them in the right direction if they are prepared to come to us.

It's good that they can get all these people together – but after that they don't really seem to be able to provide the help that they need. I think these Facebook groups would be more useful if they were used as a portal to drive people to this forum for some serious legal help.

Of course Hermes wouldn't like that very much 😈

Thank you again for sound advice.

The simple truth is that people do not know where to go Full Stop! 

Hermes run a total procrastination, ignoring  and negative response system.

There are numerous groups set up by unknowing people simply because they were frustrated.

Many of these groups are infested with Hermoid trolls and/or are badly managed.

The whole point of my group, petition and videos is to educate the public.

Help and advice is given from members where and when they can. Certainly CAG will be a new string to the bow.

Thanks again 

Send them along. Tell them to read our Hermes threads. They will soon get a hang of the correct approach. Tell them to post their stories here and we will be only too pleased to help.

Reassure them that it's all completely free of charge.

We can help them get their money back – definitely

Follow the link – class actiongroup action <<<