Napier ANPR PCN - Machine Not Working - County Hall & Fountain Lane Car Parks, Boston PE21 6DY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a FCN from this company a few weeks ago for having parked without a valid permit at one of their spaces.

They had also supplied a photo of my car in their car park.

Sadly, I seem to have misplaced that notification.

They have sent another one warning me of court action and asking me to pay £100 immediately. 

The car park in question had a payment machine which black tape around it, and it wasn't working. 

Does this company usually take people to court for such things?

I will try to attach the letter they have sent.

Date of the infringement 26/08/20

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] dont have the original one sent, but the most recent letter was dated 2nd october 2020

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

3 Date received couple of days ago

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes. They had attached two photos in the original letter, which I unfortunately do not have any longer

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n/a

7 Who is the parking company? NAPIER PARKING

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] County Hall & Fountain Lane Car Parks, Boston PE21 6DY

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No appeal entertained at this stage, according to the letter. But they mention the Independent Appeals Service 

My dilemma : ,I have indeed parked at this space on the date specified.

They have photographic evidence of this.

The parking payment machine was not working.

Should I pay up or ignore it? 

Have ignored a few in the past and nothing has come of it....

but these guys, im not so sure because they have sent photos.

• dx100uk changed the title to Napier ANPR PCN - Machine Not Working - County Hall & Fountain Lane Car Parks, Boston PE21 6DY

PDF only on uploads please and remember to remove all ref numbers.

if matters not they have photos

await to see IF they eventually get one of the fake/tame paperwork only solicitors to issue a letter of claim.

until then, it's best to ignore everything else from everybody.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it is the case that the carpark is permit only, then it may be that the ticket meter is permanently taped over as it is no longer needed. The other thing about a permit only carpark is that you haven't had a permit then you were trespassing and  that is the responsibility of the land owner not his monkey.

There is no point in appealing since they won't accept trespass as a reason so as dx100uk has already stated just ignore everything from whoever writes to you unless you receive a letter of claim from them.

Then just send one of our snotty letters that you will find when you are reading other threads on here.

The threads will also bring you up to speed on other factors that can help avoiding giving them and any other parking companies any of your hard earned money.

Lookinforinfo makes an excellent point about permits & trespassing.

Is this car park local to you?  Is there any chance of going back and getting photos of the machine, signs, etc?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well take photographs of everything.  The sign as you enter, other signs, the machine, the lot.

Plus suss out what sort of car park it is.  Is it permit holders only with the machine being disused?  Or is it a pay car park but you can't pay 'cos the machine is knackered?  There is an important legal difference.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Especially if is a pay car park, with a broken ticket machine and no other way to pay say by phone or whatever.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!