Do Halifax Defend?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does any one have a template letter i can use to send to Halifax - to accompany my schedule of charges?

(I believe we have to send another copy to them - as per the particulars)

I would like to send one any way because a further two charges were added since the last copy that i sent to them.

Or if any one could advise me of what to write.

Do i just say I have now filed a claim with the courts - here is the updated schedule of charges?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Hiya

Where are you up to with your claim? so that I can tell you, which template you need to use?

You dont have to tell the bank you have filed a claim with the courts, the court will do that for you.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Hi All

Filed with Moneyclaim today....

The problem is i had already filled in my claim on line a while ago and i had it saved ready to process (was waiting for some money to pay the fee)

The amount i am claiming is: £416

When i filled it in the 8% interest on that at the time was £58.42 - Daily interest of £0.104)

(These are the amounts on particulars)

However what i failed to do was update the 8% interest - which today should be £60.52 with a daily rate of £0.105

Do you think this will scupper my claim?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi

I have filed with Moneyclaim...

On the particulars of the claim i have stated - the defendant is aware of all charges - another copy will be supplied.

And i really do need to send another copy as it is different to the first two that they received.

I am just wondering - do i wait until halifax solicitors get involved and send it to them, or shall i send it now?

Have you posted it yet?

if no, then you will be ok

If yes, then phone mcol a.s.a.p to explain what you have done wrong.

I know someone had a problem much like you have, they phoned mcol, & got it sorted out.

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

• Haha 1

Thanks Michael!

That is excellent. Just what i was looking fo

I did exactly that for my Natwest claim to so I dont know why i didnt remember it.

Ta

Emma

Yeah I pressed proceed about half an hour ago - and then realised what I had done.

Do you really think it would ruin my claim, or do you think they will keep quiet as they will be saving money even if it is only a few pounds.

:rolleyes:

Cancelling a claim

What if I notice after I have submitted my claim that I have made an error? Can I stop the claim?

If you realise that you have made an error you can, under certain circumstances, request that the claim be stopped, but you must be quick! Once you have submitted your claim, it will be processed at 10am and you therefore need to contact the MCOL team before 10am with a request that the claim be stopped. You can do this initially by telephone although you will need to confirm by email the same day. Your email should contain the claim number and the name and address to which we should return the court fee.

Where we receive notification too late, the claim will be issued and the fee cannot be refunded.

That said if you do nothing it won't ruin your claim, you will merely forego a small amount of interest.

Thanks again Michael!

Thats what i thought - I'm not bothered about losing a small amount of interest.

And i dont think they will come back saying "no thats not right - we owe her more than that"

Well you never know - wonders may never cease!

My mind is now at rest.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

From a lot of threads I have read, Halifax are paying up without filing a defence?? Is this correct? (I dont mind if they do) - But compared to Natwest they seem quite easy if this is the case.

My Moneylclaim against them was acknowledged on the 29th November.

How soon after this will I get my wonga?

:)

Hiya

All banks are different when it comes to defending, The Halifax seem to let you think they are going to defend, but pay up a couple of days before the 28 days are up, saying that they have been known to pay up a couple of days after the 28 days. Its now a waiting game for you, but well worth the wait.

Angi x