Limited options to return an item on Ebay make it impossible to do so.

iamjaspa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I recently purchased an item from a seller on Ebay.

On arrival the box was damaged and there were components missing none of which were mentioned in the original listing.

I messaged the seller to inform them of the situation and to explain that I will send photos as soon as I could.

The seller replied stating they would wait for the photos and maybe a refund/partial refund could be agreed.

A couple of days later I sent the photographs of the damage.

I didn't hear back from the seller, instead I received an email from Ebay stating that the seller agreed to a full refund and would send me a postal label.

All fine and good.

However, over the next couple of days whilst waiting for the label, I developed Covid symptoms and so began 14 days self isolation.

That's when the label came through to return the item.

Now I cant get the item to the post office

– I have no one in my local vicinity that can help me and obviously I cant leave the house.

I am not going to be able to get the item back by the date given by Ebay.

I contacted Ebay asking if there was any other course of action I could take (such as courier pick-up) and they replied with the following:

“I am sorry to know about the issue you faced. Please understand that the seller has provided a return label. As per the policy, the seller has done their part.

I understand that it is not possible to return the item. In this situation, you may take help from your friends or neighbours to get the item posted.”

I decided that if I cant find someone to take to the post office for me I would cancel the return/refund and accept this as a loss (it was only £30).

But something doesn't seem right to me about this.

If a buyer is entitled to a full refund (when the product is missing parts/faulty etc) including any postage costs, what are their rights if the only way given to them to return the item,

is one that is impossible for them to fulfil, given that other options are a possibility?

Is this really just a case of tough luck?

so are you £30 out of pocket or is this just a -£30 balance on your paypal balance?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello dx, thanks for your time.

I paid through paypal "Pay After Delivery". Paypal are due to take it out of my bank account tomorrow. So the seller was paid immediately and I will be charged tomorrow.

cancel the CPA and your DD then now

RING your bank and instruct then NOT to authorise ANY continuous payment authorities to Paypal. and not to honour any payments to paypal of any description without your WRITTEN authority.

as for the DD, go up on your banks webportal and cancel it.

remove all payment methods to PP in your portal on paypal.

leave the bank account till last in the process. (after you have removed all cards be them Credit or Debit.

do this 1st before ringing the bank as you might not be able to remove the bank account, and thats why it's important to then ring your bank.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK well I am not sure about just blocking all payments.

I have similar payments due to go out over the next few days so blocking dd (that I do actually owe) seems like that's going to cause more problems with other transactions. And as for ringing the bank - I cant - I have a speech impairment.

I am not concerned about the payment going through. For sake of argument lets presume I didn't use “pay after delivery” and the item was paid for by me immediately:

The terms under Ebay are that a refund will be issued once the seller receives the item back. But by only issuing me with one means to return the item, one that I can not carry through, are Ebays policies actually impeding on my right to a refund?

Thats all I want to know really and if that is the case then hopefully I can find it in legislation.

Again thanks for your time.

Jaspa.