VCS 2*windscreen PCN's Claimform - Monty Hind Car Park Nottingham NG7 2LX, Leengate Staff and Visitor Car Park Nottingham NG72LX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Today I was sent two letters to my parent's house from dcbl both asking for £160. 

This used to be my address but I have moved away since.

My mum opens my post and sends me photos of the enclosed via Whatsapp.

This may or may not be in regards to parking offences dating back to 2015-2017- they have sent me no information on the matter at all, no photo of my car, no information about location, reg plate etc - they might have sent me these 3-4 years back but obviously I cannot recall much from then. 

I paid one of these last month thinking that this would stop.

I have a feeling that because they are aware that I have paid these charges before, they maybe targeting me as they feel I will just cough up. 

I don't want this amounting to a CCJ. 

I would appreciate some advice in regards to responding to these letters.

Thank you.

DCBL letter 1-10-20 (£160).pdf

I've converted the image to PDF so only registered Caggers can view it - best to keep the fleecers guessing.

The letters are a load of hot air from paper tiger debt collectors who have no power as they are not their debts.  Something to laugh at, ignore, and file away.

I see from the reference that VCS are the parking company.

You can only get a CCJ if you are taken to court, lose the court case, and then still refuse to pay.  Relax about CCJs.

How important is it to you that your parents aren't hassled with these letters?  You can just leave things as they are or send a short letter to VCS giving your new address.

People who get CCJs on the forum are invariably people who have moved, never got the court papers which turned up at their old address, and knew nothing about the court case - so consider this when documentation is arriving at an address which isn't yours.

I think it would be a good idea to SAR VCS to find out what they are pursuing you for.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply Dave. 

The reason why I am so concerned about CCJs is that I have been sanctioned with two in 2015 and 16.

This happened because on university campus, I got a parking ticket whilst my car was stuck in snow.

after doing some research on the net,

I ignored all the letters that came through the post and you could even see the steadily increasing charge amount.

I ignored the CCJ that came through not realising what it can do to ones CR. 

Since then I have paid everything off - heck, I even gave £80-90 to Harlands

What I am saying is, I rather respond in some way than ignore everything with the same outcome as above. 

shame you blindly paid another speculative invoice because you'd earlier stupidly ignored 2 court claims and got CCJ's by default...when if you'd simply defended them you would have won hands down.

as for paying harlands of all people!

you do realise gyms dont do court and gym debts never appear on your credit files anyway.

pers i'd go do a chargeback for what you paid harlands

and

do one for what you paid for that other speculative invoice you paid.

as for this one

yes it's a VCS speculative invoice

DCBL (in their powerless DCA clothing) have obviously seen you are a mug and think you'll simply cough up on this one too because you've already wet yourself once and have 2 CCJ's that you ignored and gave their mates an easy win.

you have the PCN number, goto the VCS website and get the details but use a throw away email address if it requires one.

at some point you will have to write to VCS giving your correct address...else they'll go for a CCJ and use your mums address.

comeback here when you have the details

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Understood.  So the important thing is to learn from this past negative experience, get genned up a bit about the law, and see the logic of what you should ignore and what you shouldn't.

Generic "threatening" letters about what might/could/may happen to you if you don't answer are toilet paper.  This rubbish from DCBL is the even worse, your debt, if it exists, is with the VCS parking company, DCBL are an uninterested third party who have as much power as the dead rat in the middle of the road that i saw a bird feeding off on my drive home this evening (really!)

You should never ignore a Letter Before Action/Letter Before Claim though, which is formal notice of intention to start legal proceedings.

And it is madness to ignore documents form the court, since if you do you will lose by default.  I suspect you did this when you were at Uni.

First question to sort out a way forward.  Are you happy that these letters continue to arrive at your parents' address or do you prefer to use your own address?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have had a look at the PCN. I looks like a genuine ticket I got from where I worked. 

On the VCS website it says the charge amount is £100, but when I go to pay, it doesn't let me as of course its been passed on. 

How do you guys think I should play this?

Also, I have learnt from my mistakes. Back then, I thought the CCJ was another scare tactic. 

Thank you.

Sometimes you refer to one letter/PCN, sometimes to two.  Which is it?

For the third time, do you want to fight this from your parents' address or your own?

and for   ...sake do not BLINDLY just pay a speculative invoice ever!

there are certain rules and regulations they MUST abide by to make it even remotely likely you ever PAY THEM.

you have the PCN.

please complete this:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to DCBL chasing VCS PCN

Thanks once again for the reply and apologies for being inconsistent. 

To answer the above questions:

- I will keep the address the same given that I am in the process of moving house. I am happy with my mum forwarding me the post. 

- I received TWO separate letters from DCBL yesterday. They are identical apart from the DCBL reference number and VCS reference number. 

- In regards to the parking PCN. I don't physically have this but I know it was left on the window of the car. 

I take your point not to pay blindly. I will fill out the info template during my break.

Thank you. 

Who ever pays PPC's ???

If you want to offload some of your hard earned I'll send you my address and you can pay me.

Hilarious little bit on their dumb missive, ''As seen on TV'' silly silly clowns, this ranks up there with the old ''Valid even if not read by you'' statement.

Edited by Bazooka Boo
  • Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

'Who ever pays PPC's ???'

This is the attitude I once had. 

I want to respond to these accordingly to see where I stand. 

dx100uk:

I understand the take home message not to pay blindly and I have taken notice of your signature. 

Thanks. 

OK, thanks for clarifying things.

The time to take PPCs seriously is when they send out a Letter Before Claim.  Anything before is hot air.  So you can safely ignore the DCBL letter.

However, to fight VCS it'll be essential to find out what they are claiming you did wrong.  Therefore I suggest you SAR them straight away.  It's free.

Bear in mind that VCS are conmen trying to scare you into paying up.  Let's imagine for a minute that they are right and you are wrong and you really did do something you shouldn't have with your car, twice.  In that case you owe them 2 x £100.  You do not owe 2 x £160.  The extra 2 x £60 has no basis in law and has been simply made up by VCS.

Thanks Dave,

So I will get a SAR request to them by post with proof of postage.

I have just read the following from MSE:

'and a list of all PCNs outstanding against you and/or this VRN, and remind them that any claim must be for all PCNs, not several separate claims' - this is again relating to requesting SAR

So the plan of action it to SAR, find out what information that have on me and then I will post on here for some feedback. 

Anything to add?

no need to add adapt anything

just hit sar 

stick simple simons address and yours on it

sign it with a squiggle and send it off by 1st class and get free proof of posting at any PO counter.

can i just check something

you haven't moved since these PCN's were issued have you..

as for DCBL

if you flip the letter over and read side to regarding them..you'll have a little giggle with what they say about 2/3rd down...

dx

and they

I wouldn't say move. When COVID wasn't on a killing spree, I went back to this address on a two weekly/ monthly basis.

I still consider this my base however.

I live elsewhere in rented accommodation hence why I am in the process of buying/ moving house.

Why do you ask? 

'As seen on TV. Can't pay, we'll take it away' Is that what you mean? lol 

no the bit about not acting as a bailiff in this instance..

as they can't ...it's not been near a courtroom door and you've not 'lost'

and even then they can never be involved as court bailiffs nor as they are HCEO's as the claim would never be above their involvement threadhold the high court has of £600.

anyway you know now.

the SAR.

you have a potential issue here that you need to be wary of...

you must ensure you get any mail they or anyone sent to the address VCS has at present for you in a timely manner, that being better than say a week.

your potential move makes things a bit Iffy if the above is not to be the case, that you might not get mail..

but for now don't complicate send the SAR using the address they used.

we will deal with your move once you are settled.

and they

Don't be surprised if in addition to the PCN you have already paid that you have two more in the pipeline.

Don't worry about them once you have completed the questions above it will help to find out what mistakes they have made so far. 

I remember you said you got the tickets where you were working.

If your company is on that car park you could ask VCS to cancel them.

Also can you please get photos that we can read of the sign at the entrance to the car park as well as other signs dotted around the car park especially those that are different from the entrance sign.

And if there is a payment meter there, could you please take photos of it so that we can read the T&Cs on it as they are often not the same as their signage. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

An update:

I have received the SAR.

They have 4 separate PCNs on record under my name. 

1) Excel Parking - 19/12/2016, XLxxxx9844, £100

2) VCS -  21/04/2017, VCSxxx4562, £100 - Matching

3) VCS - 26/04/2017, VCSxxx4950, £100

4) VCS - 27/04/2017, VCSxxx6161, £100 - Matching 

I have put matching as these corresponds to BW legal invoices I last recieved.

What information do you require?

Thanks.

Edited by unclebulgaria67
Did not need whole numbers. Edited to redact for confidentiality.

bottom line is do nothing till/if you ever get a letter of claim on any of them.

are you now aware where the locations are for the tickets i'e what car parks?

and they

I note you send a SAR to VCS - and they send you a PCN issued by Excel! 

Simon does have problems working out who he is.

Still, better to know the invoice was issued than to be in the dark.

As dx says, ignore Simon unless you get a letter before claim, but also as dx says it would be useful if you could post up which car parks correspond to which PCNs, as all this mixing up VCS with Excel could well work in your favour further down the line.

Yes if he tries to sue as VCS on the Excel invoice he's screwed

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 months later...

Date of issue: 4th January 2021

Name of the Claimant : Vehicle Control Services Limited

Claimants Solicitors: Yasmin Mia

What is the claim for 

1. The Defendant (D) is indebted to the claimant (C) for the Parking Charges (s) issues to the vehicle XXXXX at the Monty Hind Car Park Nottingham NG7 2LX, Leengate Staff and Visitor Car Park Nottingham 

2. The PCN details are 21/04/2017 VCSXXXX562, 27/04/2017 VCSXXXX161.

3. The PCN (s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms of Cs signs (the contract), thus incurring the PCN(s).

4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not.  D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The contract entitles C to damages. 

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 

1. £320 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.

2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.07 until judgement or sooner payment

3. Costs and court fees.  

What is the value of the claim? £499.56

Amount Claimed £414.56

court fees £35

legal rep fees £50

Total Amount £499.56

Guys, 

The claim from came  through today. 

To be absolutely honest, I don't really have a defence as I parked there and had no intention of paying. 

Should I pay it off in full or no. 

I normally would just pay it off but as emphasised before by dx100uk, not to pay blindly. 

What do you think?

Edited by ats101

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS 2*PCN's Claimform - Monty Hind Car Park Nottingham NG7 2LX, Leengate Staff and Visitor Car Park Nottingham NG72LX