Bannatyne won't cancel m/ship

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I've also had an email from them today saying I owe £147.

My membership was expiring mid April this year.

On the 19th May I emailed banantynes to cancel my membership with immediate effect due to not being at work...

I had an email reply to say I could freeze the account for £10 per month during Lockdown.

I replied to say that feeding my 3 children was more important and I cancelled my direct debit.

I've had 2 more emails from banantynes requesting payment, and the total has now gone up to £147...

Each time they've contacted me I've said I've already cancelled. 

Now given the fact I've not been able to use the gym since mid March and my contract ended during early Lockdown you would assume they wouldn't harass me. I've been in tears today :(

Hi Loulou and welcome to CAG

I've moved your post into your own thread - use this from now on.

Please read other threads here and you'll see countless cases where gyms or their admin companies fail to accept a cancellation and continue to make demands.

The good news is that you've come here and now you can follow advice from folk who've been dealing with gyms for many years.

Waste no more time responding to demands from Bannatyne or from ARC (Europe). You've explained enough to them already so now you can just ignore them completely.

There's little they can do and, once they realise you're not intimidated by their demands, they'll go pick on someone else. This won't affect your credit rating.

No more tears ! Ignore demands but keep us posted 👍

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you. Forgot to say they also sent me this email on the 27th March saying that they wouldn't be collecting fees during the time they are closed.... 

So me cancelling my membership on the 19th and them closing on the 23rd march.... My direct debit would have gone out on 2nd April so would not have been collected anyway! 

I'm fuming... They can't treat people like this! 

Screenshot_20201007_080100_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Just ignore demands for now and let us know what you receive.

You have no need to do any more or to contact them in response to their demands.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)