Attraction Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i hope someone is able to help. 
I purchased 4 tickets for Disneyland Paris in January 2020. This was for a day trip for my daughters birthday. We booked day tickets for dates in April purely because it was 'Frozen Season' and my daughter wanted to meet Anna and Elsa for her birthday. 
Then Covid hit.... Disneyland Paris shut and we were not able to go on the dates we had booked. We spoke to Attraction Tickets via email who stated that Disneyland Paris have extended all tickets until March 2021 and they can be used on any day before then (provided its the same price bracket day that you paid for).  They were not offering a refund.
Not knowing how long this would be going on for at this point in time we rebooked for June (by rebooked I mean we amended our Euro Tunnel and Hotel reservation). June came and went and it was still shut...
We rearranged everything for September and although Disney was reopen there is a 2 week quarantine period at present and my partner is unable to take 2 weeks off of work to quarantine, the children also could not miss 2 weeks of school. 
So we have rearranged for the 3rd time and things are planned for beginning of December. France still has the 2 weeks quarantine in place meaning we cannot go due to partners work. 
I have spoken to Attraction Tickets and they are saying that its Disneyland Paris who have stated no refunds on day tickets and therefore they are not offering a refund. They have said that they offered the tickets to be used up until March 2021 and as the park has been open its our choice if we dont use them.

Im upset because I bought these tickets for my daughters Birthday, her birthday was in April, the park was shut! It is no longer Frozen Season which is another reason we booked the original dates. Disneyland Paris is not running the Parades or the Illumination firework displays and it is running reduced opening hours so i feel we would not be getting what I wanted when I originally booked. Remember I booked BEFORE the lockdown was even a thing so I had no idea this would happen. 

Do i have a leg to stand on at all for getting any money back? Its like £300 I stand to lose on tickets that we most likely cant use. And its not what was advertised when we booked it.
Any help appreciated. 

Edited by shellyh24

How did you pay?

Free COVID-19 Cover on most tickets with very few exceptions. If an attraction closes, borders close or the FCO advises against travel to a destination as a result of COVID-19, customers can cancel for free and receive a full refund within 14 days guaranteed. 

https://www.attractiontickets.com/en

Well I think they are talking nonsense because although you paid for the tickets before Covid, they were booked for a date when Covid and restrictions were underway.

I suggest that you contact your bank and try to begin a chargeback process. Let us know what happens

oh really, I can do that even though it was so long ago? I didnt realise the bank could help. I will call them tomorrow. Thank you.

it seems very unfair because they told me that its Disneys policy not to refund day tickets as they have been made flexible, i said so if i speak to Disney about it and they agree can i have a refund and they said no. I think had I of purchased direct from Disney maybe it would be a different answer :-( 

No guarantees but it is a good place to start