A Shade Greener boilers (ASG)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all thanks for the add .
Just wanted to share my story of asg 5 years in .
In 2015 we were sold a fantastic boiler that has 98.7 % efficiency ....that was until they fitted it and never carried out a power flush ( I know this as my downstairs rads wernt connected back to the upstairs till 2pm and they left completed job at 5pm ) unfortunately then I didn't know then how a powerflush worked .
Few months ago was having the usual issues f2 and had the letter about the powerflush .

so I rang up asg to tell them the issue and here is where it gets interesting for me told them I was getting a power flush engineer out to do his thing ... and I was advised by their engineer as most of their staff were furloughed that Viesman dont want us to power flush as the boiler has rubber heating hoses and these can get damaged by a power flush they recommend a magna flush but this is not what is recommended by british standard ... 
I got my power flush engineer out after they came and fixed the boiler they came sunday he came monday , he tells me it's a terrible design flaw of the viesman vitodens 100 as these pipes get cruded easily and then you end up with this in the heat exchanger and then your boiler cant pressurise correctly causing F2 fault . 

Also added a photo that the powerflush engineer sent me of my boiler that had only been serviced / worked on the day before by asg that shows a leaking expansion tank that was never picked up the day before .

I'm now looking into ending my contract as I have issues from day 1 that it lost pressure and then within 4 months I had F2 fault and slow running hot water .

Dan

IMG-20201005-WA0000.jpg

• Thanks 1

• BankFodder changed the title to A Shade Greener boilers (ASG)

Thanks for this helpful information. I'm afraid it's a fairly common story and actually you are dealing with a company that seems more interested in making finance deals then providing great boilers and great after service.

I understand that they have been hauled before the financial ombudsman on some occasions and had decisions made against them.

Can I just say Viesman boilers are one of the best around. Obviously if they have not been fitted correctly it can lead to problems. Power flush is the favourite costly add on for installers which is not necessarily needed. Chemical cleaning and magnetic filters give a much better result long term. 
Drop a message onto the Screwfix forum, some really knowledgable installers on there. 

On 05/10/2020 at 20:17, CraigMcK said:

Can I just say Viesman boilers are one of the best around. Obviously if they have not been fitted correctly it can lead to problems. Power flush is the favourite costly add on for installers which is not necessarily needed. Chemical cleaning and magnetic filters give a much better result long term. 
Drop a message onto the Screwfix forum, some really knowledgable installers on there. 

They maybe one of the best around but surely with the rubber/ plastic heating pipes inside that block easily on this style fitted by asg .... and Viessman apparently saying not to power flush this model ... im not sure