Southern Water 2nd Default - same account **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not sure how many times we need to repeat ourselves in the 10yrs+ you have been here...

stop TALKING to these people........:frusty::frusty:

WRITE and DEMAND they abide by the RULES of the ICO.

a Default was registered more than 6yrs ago

the account MUST NOT NOW SHOW..under ICO rules.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Spoken to Experian customer service,

the guy said the company that has set the default is able to remove it.

I asked them what is the definition of "defaulted" status, and he said that it means the credit agreement has been cancelled.

I told him I have still that credit agreement with them which I am paying every month so technically this isn't a default.

He said he's going to raise this with Southern Water and they have 28 days to reply.

In the meantime, they will put a not saying the information is in dispute.

Funny that Southern was saying they can't do anything about removing the default an yet that's a total lie!

not sure how many times we need to repeat ourselves in the 10yrs+ you have been here..

.☺️ Sorry I can be stubborn!

WRITE and DEMAND they abide by the RULES of the ICO.

a Default was registered more than 6yrs ago

the account MUST NOT NOW SHOW..under ICO rules.

=======================================

Southern are claiming that this is a new default, not related to the 2013 one.

It shows as being registered on Nov 2019 with Experian???

so I assume this is new.

its not a credit agreement..SW are not creditors ...

doesn't matter 'it's a new default'

the account should not be showing the first default is more than 6yrs old....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the account should not be showing the first default is more than 6yrs old....

===

Sorry Southern are making out that the old default was on an old account, and has come off, but on the same month and year that it came off, they issued a new default on the new account. 

Its not a credit agreement..SW are not creditors ...

=========================

Experian guy said credit agreement but I think he meant account. He said default are for accounts that have been closed. So the account cannot be active still. Their definition of default is that the account has been closed.

if you have always lived in that house and SW have always supplied you water

then that's BS.

and they

if you have always lived in that house and SW have always supplied you water

then that's BS.

================

Yes on both accounts.

That's why when talking to the Experian guy he said they can't issue a default if the account is still open which it is as I am paying into it every month? I think SW are not telling the whole truth or something is missing...

Edited by Munirs
answer the question better

i believe each year SW and indeed most water companies assign a new Account number, or slightly change the pre or suffix to a common A/C no.

However, that doesn't mean they can default you each year for basically the same A/C should you fail to meet their Payment published  payment schedule. that would be madness and if it could be done, consumer credit debt like cards etc, could thus issue a default notice every month! 

you can only have one registered default on an account...full stop (regardless of the monthly calendar markers) 

yours was been defaulted in 2013..the account should NOT be showing.

pers i'd stop faffin around with SW , cra providers or whomever, go speak to the ICO or raise a formal complaint online

just harking back to the payment schedule i mention above..

it is wrong for a water co to dictate 2 or 3 lump sum payments throughout the year, and then default you should you not meet their schedule.

you are quite within your rights to divide the bill into 10 or 12 equal payments and pay those on time, as long you keep up-to-date as the bill is thus paid by the end of the issuance of the next annual charge, should this be the case they should NOT be defaulting you at all.

and they

I am going to send off to SW and ICO on this matter quoting this fact. Thanks Dx

So on ICO site online, and they specifically ask whether I have approached the organisation I am complaining against. I am now drafting a complaint against SW. Here it is: if anyone can add to it, please feel free

I am very concerned about the way my information has been handled. I am not in default as my account clearly shows that I am not, and yet you have told third parties that it is in default. These organisations like Experian have put default on their record when my account with you is not in default.

the cra's dont put defaults on , the originator of the data does, cra's simply provide the reports.

you are missing the point of your complaint completely.

and they

the cra's dont put defaults on , the originator of the data does, cra's simply provide the reports.

you are missing the point of your complaint completely.

===============================================

Yes I know.

The issue is that the default was registered on Nov 2013, and should have come off on Nov 2019. Yet they haven't. That's the complaint right?

please just type i know what i've said..

the account was defaulted nov 2013

it should thus no longer be showing.

and they

Ok, I typed in what Dx said above, and SW replied with

Yes, but it was satisfied on 12.01.2020. The satisfied default will show on credit file for 6 years.

?? Default set in 2013, satisfied in 12.01.2020? That's over 6 years? Are they that clueless?

i'll type something up in english later.

i wish you'd stop ringing/emailing/writing to people every 5 mins before you know what bullets you should be firing and at whom.

you've confused the bejesus out of all and sundry by randomly firing off bullets in every direction hoping to hit something...

stop it :frusty:

it makes you look stupid to everyone and tells them you haven't really a clue what you are really going on about other than being someone that appears rather obsessed about a bad credit score 

and they

i'll type something up in english later.

i wish you'd stop ringing/emailing/writing to people every 5 mins before you know what bullets you should be firing and at whom.

you've confused the bejesus out of all and sundry by randomly firing off bullets in every direction hoping to hit something...

stop it 

================

Just saw this. Sorry Dx, I am panicking as I am in my final stage of an interview and I haven't worked for 4 months, not on furlough or benefit, so just kind of losing it really. Apologies Dx - so worried this default will stop me from getting a job, finally!

never know a job to ever be harmed by a default, it's CCJ's they are interested in.

and they

In 2014, I applied with a financial company passed interview etc, went into office and was 1 week from starting officially when they withdrew their offer because of a default on my credit record. My "temp" manager even spoke to HR and they refused to do anything citing company hiring policy. Yes that was the 2013 SW default then!  I am worried it might happen now!

Just to update you all:

I threatened SW with reporting to ICO, and told them this is one account and there the same account that had a default from 2013 which should come off.

I told Experian the same and they started an investigation, sending myself and SW an email. 

I woke up this morning and checked the situation on my account expecting nothing, and lo and behold, my credit record is almost excellent! And no default! 

I don't see any default at all.

No explanation either.

Amazed - relieved too. But puzzled as to how companies like these just add and remove defaults at will, and affect people's livelihood and jobs!

If all is good, i.e. I am not just dreaming this!, 

I'd like to thank you all for reading this and hope it has helped you somehow.

Thanks  to Dx for his incessant efforts to help.

Really appreciated!

so now people know what to do to get it sorted properly and quickly

threaten in writing reporting whomever to the ICO.

as for companies being able to.

sadly its the state of things when companies are allowed to just do such things

dcas's are the worst at doing things they can't do but get away with it too.

i think SW just didn't have a clue of the actual rules.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Southern Water 2nd Default - same account **RESOLVED**

so now people know what to do to get it sorted properly and quickly

threaten in writing reporting whomever to the ICO.

===========

Very true, but also get in touch with companies like Experian because they have a duty of ensuring correct facts - specially after GDPR so they will act on your behalf. Also, remember, what Dx told me is the key element: SW use the same account, and they may add prefix or suffix to it, but that's still the same account!

Definitely the threat of ICO loomed large on SW and made them react so quickly I think!  Also on aside point, ICO have an easy way to complain - so go ahead and do it! Very easy online way to lodge complaints!