style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few days ago I was caught attempting to leave a large supermarket with a trolley of unpaid goods. I also did this a few days previously but didn’t get caught. I was stopped by security and my world fell apart. I’ve been going through a breakdown recently. Not an excuse I know. The shame and remorse I’m feeling are incomprehensible. The police were called and because this was a first offence I was given a recorded warning and they were very kind and told me to put it behind me and move on. What I didn’t share was that I carried this out a few days earlier. I am beside myself with worry as the store kept my store card (used for scanning shopping). I am very concerned that they will look at past visits which I’m sure will be recorded by my store card and view cctv and see previous shoplifting occurring. I’ve recently been out on antidepressants and have started attending counselling. The question I have is can the store chase me for precious shoplifting by reporting me to the police if they go back and view cctv given they have my name and times I’ve visited the store. Are they likely to do this? This has been one massive wakeup call. I have so much to loose from this. I have a job which requires a clean police record and I love my job. I am sick with worry. 

A few days ago I was caught attempting to leave a large supermarket with a trolley of unpaid goods.

I also did this a few days previously but didn’t get caught.

I was stopped by security and my world fell apart.

I’ve been going through a breakdown recently.

Not an excuse I know.

The shame and remorse I’m feeling are incomprehensible.

The police were called and because this was a first offence I was given a recorded warning and they were very kind and told me to put it behind me and move on. What I didn’t share was that I carried this out a few days earlier.

I am beside myself with worry as the store kept my store card (used for scanning shopping).

I am very concerned that they will look at past visits which I’m sure will be recorded by my store card and view cctv and see previous shoplifting occurring.

I’ve recently been out on antidepressants and have started attending counselling.

The question I have is can the store chase me for precious shoplifting by reporting me to the police if they go back and view cctv given they have my name and times I’ve visited the store. Are they likely to do this?

This has been one massive wakeup call.

I have so much to loose from this.

I have a job which requires a clean police record and I love my job.

I am sick with worry. 

Me again.

Well, it sounds as if this has been enough of a shock for you to stop the shoplifting now.

I think you should discuss this with your counsellor and your GP next time you see them, to try and get to the bottom of what made you do it.

It's highly unlikely that the store will do anything retrospectively, the main thing is for you to make sure you pay for your shopping. If possible, you could go to a different supermarket where you don't feel as if they know you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I never ever will.

To be honest when looking back I don’t recognise myself over the last few months.

Do you therefore think it is unlikely for more to come of this?

I’m just incredibly concerned store will investigate further and pass on to police and my warning could be upgraded to a higher level charge? 

there are no instances of stores doing this .

go have a chat with you GP etc.

always worth it.

one thing worth mentioning.

you will get scary letter from an org called RLP or it might be DWF.

you TOTALLY IGNORE THEM.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I’m really struggling with the shame and remorse of it all.

I don’t recognise myself for what I’ve done.

I appreciate your reassuring me that the store are unlikely to take it any further.

I think my thoughts have been going to crazy places about what could happen if they check my store card for when I was last there and then view cctv to see previous incident. 

they will not waste hours of staff time reviewing CCTV card use etc.

to what end, they find you have gotten a few more items..not worth it.

i didn't say they were unlikely ...they won't, there are no examples of this ever.

they are not even slightly interested in domestic shoppers with the odd few items

they concentrate on organised gangs and serial career shoplifters only.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no the supermarket don't contact the fleecers.

their head office would have stupidly signed up all their stores to these powerless and useless services .

use our search top right

and type it RLP and read up.

much better than endless single point questions.

it will answer everything for you 

but i will underline again.

you DO NOT EVER CONTACT THEM.

dx

and they