Error on NIP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I recently got a new job having lost mine during corona virus. I have been driving into a Bradford which I've never done and can honestly says it's chaos.

although I thought I was being really careful, but I've received a speeding ticket for doing 38mph but on the NIP it doesn't actually say what the speed limit on that rd is. 

Could I contest this? 

Marke32

You cannot contest a NIP - it is merely a notice informing you that you may be prosecuted. If you're thinking you may have a defence to a speeding allegation, you have not. The NIP must provide you with "...the nature of the alleged offence and the time and place where it is alleged to have been committed" (Road Traffic Offenders' Act, 1988, S1). No detail is required.

You should be offered a course for that speed (assuming the limit was 30mph) provided you have not done one for an offence which occurred in the three years prior to this one. If that is not offered or you don't fancy it then the alternative is a Fixed Penalty of £100 and three points. Make sure you complete and return the Section 172 request naming yourself as driver within the 28 days allowed. Failure to do do will see a court appearance, a hefty fine, six points and an endorsement code (MS90) which will see insurance grief for five years.

Do you have any reason to believe the limit was anything other than 30mph?

Edited by Man in the middle

No I only got the ticket yesterday. But I am unable to drive that way now from work as they've implemented a one way system. I can drive in that way which I did this morning. I had Google maps on and no such Rd name came up. 

Marke32

Does the NIP say you were travelling on a "restricted road"?

If it does, the limit is 30 mph.  The limit won't be signed either.  (A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that A roads and dual carriageways in cities must be 40 mph.  If there are no signs it's almost certainly a 30)

the spacing of the street lights gives it away on google nosy neighbour.. obv 30mph.

Any road that has street lights every 200 yards or less is classed as a 30mph zone unless there are signs saying otherwise.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope not a chance of that

lincoln road Junctions onto the B1644 at Whetley Hill,

the reason why they said lincoln rd is to clearly identify you were within a restricted zone as per the street lights.

and sorry i must say looking on goggle earth it is clearly obv it is a 30MPH zone by the lights.

well you won't do that again in a hurry!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...