Terrible news - Trump tests positive for the virus!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

US President Donald Trump has said he and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for coronavirus and are now in quarantine.

The president, aged 74 and therefore in a high-risk group, announced the news in a tweet. "We will get through this together," he wrote.

It comes after one of his closest aides tested positive for coronavirus.

Hope Hicks, the 31-year-old adviser to the president, was the closest aide to Mr Trump to test positive so far.

She travelled with him on Air Force One to the first presidential TV debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden in Ohio on Tuesday. Some of Mr Trump's family members who attended the debate were seen not wearing masks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54381848

Oh dear.

Fake news.

He is in exceptional health. The virus affects practically nobody. A bleach injection will cure it.

He is just desperate to regain ground in the election. What a loser!

I know more about this virus and American politics than anyone else, so I know what I'm saying.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

As someone else said, my thoughts are with the virus...

As much as I dislike Donald Trump, I think even he would draw the line at publicly mocking someone who contracted the virus.

• Sad 1

if probably the most health and security conscious establishment in the USA can't prevent infections by following their own pathetic advice and contempt for covid..................... when is the WH and their glorious dictator going to WAKE UP...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

9 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

As someone else said, my thoughts are with the virus...

Political leanings should not prevent anyone from wishing that an ill man gets better soon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

2 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

Political leanings should not prevent anyone from wishing that an ill man gets better soon.

You're right. I don't wish him ill at all but it might be nice if he takes the virus seriously now and stops insulting others who want to wear masks to protect themselves or others. :)

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

The virus has developed intelligence - it sought out the biggest blowhard windbag in the world who was certain to super spread....  

It (the virus) also demonstrates a well developed sense of ironic humour - again unlike Trump

Virus - 3 (intelligence, humour and irony)

Trump - 0

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I suppose you've seen the reports of his drive by yesterday, TJ? Everyone who was in the car with him will have to be quarantined for 14 days now.

ETA: Why couldn't he just wave from his hospital room window like other presidents if he wanted to be seen?

Illegitimi non carborundum

On 02/10/2020 at 17:07, theoldrouge said:

My thoughts are with all the people whos lives would more likely improve, although I acknowledge less than 1% would almost certainly be a little financially worse off.

So on balance ... considering the greater good .... politically incorrect as it might be ....

I find I cant wish him well.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

2 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I suppose you've seen the reports of his drive by yesterday, TJ? Everyone who was in the car with him will have to be quarantined for 14 days now.

Unlikely

I dont have a clear view if the secret service folk around him have been wearing masks. Some clearly haven't.

Although as we are aware, that is limited protection for them in long close proximity, but would offer some protection to others ...

The Tory Legacy

There was a nice piece in the guardian, upon whether it's appropriate to laugh at Trump for catching the 'rona. It's a well written and argumented article but the short version is "yes, it's okay".

Having caught it myself back in march and briefly contemplating my possible death, I wouldn't wish corona on anyone, but you do have to say that inflicting it upon someone who frequently denied its danger, made light of it, and mocked those who were protecting themselves, sounds a lot like karma.

As I was delirious with a 40 degree fever the only medical care I was given was "take a paracetamol and don't leave your house" on the telephone, as well as being denied a test. Trump has it easy with all his antiviral injections and world class doctors. He should man up and take it like his constituents. Loser!

• Like 2

I think its just that God just sent his biblical style vote in early to ensure its counted.

I believe this opinion will be confirmed if a number of senior Trump supporters also get it.

The Tory Legacy

6 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I think its just that God just sent his biblical style vote in early to ensure its counted.

I believe this opinion will be confirmed if a number of senior Trump supporters also get it.

Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent People Ignore. - Albert Einstein

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

23 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent People Ignore. - Albert Einstein

Interesting response

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest—and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure. It's not your fault." 

- Donald Trump

"Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?"

- Donald Trump

“But it affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing.”

- Donald Trump on Coronavirus

"“I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside"

- Donald Trump on Coronavirus

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Four more Trump administration officials have tested positive for the coronavirus, including Stephen Miller, a key adviser. Top military leaders have also gone into quarantine, mostly in their homes, after a senior Coast Guard official tested positive for the virus after attending a White House reception with Mr. Trump 10 days ago, where people sat close together and without masks.

- NYT

"There is no vaccine against stupidity." ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"Trump’s misleading COVID-19 social media posts removed

Facebook and Twitter took action on posts from Trump on Tuesday for violating their rules against coronavirus misinformation by suggesting COVID-19 was just like the flu.

Twitter disabled retweets on a tweet from Trump and added a warning label that said the tweet broke its rules on “spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19” but that it might be in the public interest for it to remain accessible."

.. presumably so the public can see what a prat he is when he tweets his denials.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-snapshot/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-coronavirus-right-now-idUKKBN26Q19W

just a few - of course he went back into denial claims post march:

trump-reddit-coronavirus-statements.jpg.dd3893ab749682a37f66f7596af6b33c.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

LOL LOL LOL

"Asked if the spread of the virus among staff was harming the federal government’s ability to function, spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany, speaking from isolation after testing positive herself, told Fox Business Network:

Not in the slightest.”"

Cummings allegedly overheard saying:

How come it didn't spread that well when I rushed back into downing street with the infection?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

trump claims he's 'immune' to coronavirus now

Well then he should immediately do a tour of all his supporters in dire straights in Covid wards to raise their spirits and assure their votes eh?

No problem to someone who's 'immune' ...

and didn't he say 'only democrats wear masks ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy