• Tweets

• Hello everyone! I have just stumbled upon this website and read through some of the topics. Unfortunately the thing that I was incredibly scared of happened: Hermes lost my package. I would like to ask you guys to help me. I have never been in this situation and I am really not sure what to do. So I wanted to return a laptop I bought on Amazon (worth £2000) using Hermes. As Amazon couldn't create a drop off label for the item they advised me to send the item back myself, after which they would issue the refund to me. (Also there was no option for them to print a hermes return label, which is weird). I dropped the item off at one of Hermes' drop off locations (ParcelShop) on the 2nd of October around 13:00. I have waited more than three weeks now and the tracking still hasn't been updated. It is stuck at "We've collected your parcel from the drop off point and it's on its way" - 3rd Oct 13:02. I have contacted Hermes regarding this issue and I got the following reply:  Thanks for getting in touch with us about parcel number ###. We're so are sorry that despite an extensive investigation, we haven't been able locate your parcel. We appreciate that this is not the outcome you were hoping for, however, we do offer cover to assist in this situation and we will happily support you through the process of making a claim. During our claims process, if your parcel is located, we will endeavour to deliver this to your recipient as quickly as possible. Our aim is always to complete all claims within 14 working days of receipt. https://support.myhermes.co.uk/app/ask Should you wish to submit your claim, please complete the following online form: https://support.myhermes.co...... Please note if you choose to refund your customer before this claim is finalised then you must do so at your own risk. If the parcel is located it will be delivered to the intended recipient and the claim will be closed Now I have submitted a claim but the maximum value that I can claim for was 999 (half of the original value) and also I didn't buy any insurance (because it tops out at 300 only...) so I am sure I am not eligible for a compensation (plus laptops are on the non-compensation list). So I am thinking about suing them for negligence and I would very much appreciate if someone could help me with this. Do you think I have a right for a full refund? After all they lost something that was mine. I feel like there must be a way to make them liable for this. Another question: amazon doesn't really want to help me, they tell me that it is Hermes's fault and they can't help me with the refund unless they get the laptop. I was told that if THEY issued the Hermes return label, they would have been able to refund me. But in this case I organized the return so they can't help me. But I am not sure if they realize that it was THEIR customer services assistant who told me to send the laptop by a choice of my courier (there were only two shipping methods for the return: me organising the whole shipping part myself or hermes home-pickup. First I opted for the latter but after waiting 5 days for them to collect it I contacted amazon where they told me they would cancel the refund process and I should send it by myself). Please help me guys, I am torn, I feel like my hands are completely tied here. Thanks for any help!  
    • If thats your driver, you must be bloody furious at the utter cobblers (referred) spun in the leave campaign then.  
    • This was my first (and last!) experience using Hermes to deliver a parcel. I learnt the hard way...    I posted a valuable item (my precious & perfect guitar) with Hermes that was delivered damaged. I paid for insurance and after an absolute nightmare getting in touch with them, then waiting 28 days, they said it is not covered.   However the recipient stated there is signs of rough handling to the package, therefore Hermes are still at fault. When I responded with this to them they replied:   ..."I assure you that any damage is not a lack of care from our couriers; they take great care of all our parcels in transit. Any damage done to parcels within our delivery process will have occurred whilst being sorted by the automated, heavy machinery within one of our large depots."   Surely this does not absolve them of liability?!   I sold my guitar on ebay for £265 and have had to refund this plus the £20 postage I paid in good faith that my guitar would reach the buyer intact.   I now am out of pocket and with my once pristine guitar damaged.   I am heartbroken about it, plus the stress it's caused, was only even selling due to being a new mum and not currently working, I could cry (well I have several times). Anyway was just looking for any advice re: attempting to take further cheers.
    • Pleased we can at least agree on that.  
    • I will await the final confirmation tomorrow I also attach the Draft Order, please can these be checked Andyorch and BankFodder before I submit these online tomorrow I of course will amend the details to add the names etc before I send this. In the Leicester county court Claim No. ... Before District Judge ……… Dated 23//10 20… Claimant/s Mrs XXXXXXX   and Defendant Goosedale Draft Order     IT IS ORDERED THAT: 1. . Pursuant to CPR 19.4.1 and CPR 19.2.2 (a) it is requested that a second claimant Mrs xxxxxx be added to this claim. It is desirable to add the new party so that the court can resolve all the matters in dispute in the proceedings. 2. The proposed amended particulars of claim be reserved Pursuant to Practice Direction 19 ( 2.1 ) ###### End of Order ######     Amended Particulars of claim for N1.   The claimant and second claimant joinder seek reimbursement of £7700 paid to the defendant on XXX date 2019 in respect of a frustrated contract for a wedding venue booked for the XX date 2020 and which was cancelled by the defendant as a result of implementing government restrictions in respect of Covid 19 Legislation.The principle claimant makes this claim pursuant to Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. The defendant has refused to refund the contract price. The claimant seeks £7700 plus interest plus costs.     N244_web_0818 COMPE.pdf
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Another: Minster Baywatch ANPR PCN - Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park GL7 5LU

I’m not sure if this post has concluded or not

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422947-minster-baywatch-anpr-pcn-cotswold-lakeside-car-park-gl7-5lu/?tab=comments#comment-5072737

but I’ve been brought here as I’ve had the same issue pretty much with the same car park unfortunately.

I've got three fines from them for parking there.

It’ll amount to £180 or £300 Should it be left.

There’s a lot of information to be sifted through here.

I really don’t know where to start.

I don’t suppose someone wouldn’t mind helping me out here?

Of course we'll try to help, that's what we're here for!

However, could you please click on "Start new topic" to start your own thread?  This thread is Kaleidosky's and every case is different.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

click create in the top red banner

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forgive me, I figured because it was the same car park and the same company bugging me that this same legal tactic that has been employed would be put in use?

no every case could be different 

hit create in the top red banner

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all.

Recently parked in this car park three times within the last two weeks and have now been issued £180 in fines (£60 for each fine), total. £300 if I do not pay within two weeks.

I’m keeping details here sparce as I don’t wish to shoot myself in the foot by saying too much and potentially an employee at their company reading this. I will happily respond to questions as I get them.

I have noticed some tactics in a similar previous thread from this same car park and was wondering if maybe those would apply to me here?

many thanks in advance

Thanks for starting your own thread.

The fact you've got three of these invoices makes your case different from Kaleidosky's in that the fleecers will see £££ and maybe take things more seriously.  Should still be more than possible to defeat them though!

BTW they are not fines, a private company hasn't got the power to fine you.

Can you tell us briefly what these crooks reckon you did wrong?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly here!

I used to park here a long time ago at late hours for thought processing and never had to pay during those hours.

I drove in recently and just assumed it was the same as usual.

I was unaware it was under new ownership.

I parked there at night on three different occasions and assumed I didn’t have to pay!

I got two letters in the post from them on Saturday morning and one more I received yesterday.

scan up the three NTK's/PCN's to one multipage PDF please

read upload carefully.

please also complete this for each one (just put 3 sets of dates after each question please)

and they

read upload

it tells you how

as long as we can read the NTK's etc clearly 

must be PDF for us to zoom

and they

1 Date of the infringement 17th, 18th and 22nd September

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th, 24th and 28th September 2020

3 Date received

26th September (for the ones dated as the 24th)

30th September OR 1st October, i'm unsure as I was not present at home from the evening of the 29th until the evening of 1st October (for the one on the 28th)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes, on all of them

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? They have captured two photos of the event for each date clearly showing my registration. The surroundings however are not present as the photos have been taken at very late hours.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up ^^^ N/A ^^^

7 Who is the parking company? Minster Baywatch

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park, GL7 5LU

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. There is a BPA logo present at the bottom of each letter

Thanks again!

Parking notices 1 2 and 3.pdf

• Like 1

hey that's magicwork KuruptFM93

absolutely perfect

wish everyone was so great in giving use the info we need.

you'd accidently left the PCN number on each one 

so i've redone them for you.

you can do no better than to read as many threads here in this forum as you can

that will get you upto speed on things

revisit the planning portal and check to see if since that other thread planning perm for their signs, poles and cameras has been applied for and grant

and 

go down there at you usual time and take photos of the area WITHOUT a flash as i bet the signes up not illuminated?

pers i'd be doing nothing else bar reading for now until /unless you get a letter of claim from one of their fake/tame paperwork only solicitors.

• Like 1

and they

Thanks for that friend. I appreciate the advice!

if I remember correctly, the sign was not lit up. If I was to take a photo of the sign in the dark without flash, how would I be able to prove that that’s what I took a photo of, considering that I could just take a pitch black photo?

Im due to move to Europe relatively soon, this month as a matter of fact. When I first got this car, I used my parents address as the correspondence address for things in matter to my car. What if this company was to mail me while I’m away and my parents were to keep receiving letters in the mail by them and I haven’t paid?

is there a route of action that I can take that would be more conclusive?

I think you're in an excellent position.  You can't enter into a contract with them through reading their signs if the damn things are in the pitch black!

As dx says, if the place is local to you go back at night (pay whatever the minimum fee is this time!) and photograph the signs.  It's up to them to show the signage is sufficient, not for you to show the opposite.

You won't like this answer, but no, there is no way to stop them destroying half the Amazon.  A bunch of crooks have got your letters from the DVLA and they will send you a load of standard letters in the following months that are supposed to be threatening but in reality are just hot air from paper tigers.

When you move send them a simple two-line letter with your new address.  That should be the end of it for your parents but as Minster Baywatch are idiots with no respect for the law they may well answer that they are "unable" to send letters to Europe or some such tripe.  If the worst comes to the worst comes to the worst, all you parents would have to do is open the letters, check that they aren't headed "Letter Before Action/Letter Before Claim", and put them in a file.  

3 hours ago, FTMDave said:

As dx says, if the place is local to you go back at night (pay whatever the minimum fee is this time!) and photograph the signs.  It's up to them to show the signage is sufficient, not for you to show the opposite.

but not if you are only there for 10 mins!

or walk in..:pound:

and they

Am I not able to gather this evidence RE: sign not lit up & no planning permission for those cameras, mail them and say I cannot enter upon a contract if I am unaware of what is on the sign + legally you cannot put me in one if you didn’t acquire a planning permission etc etc and then be done of it?

aye what?

mail who?

dx

and they

Minster bay watch, the company looking to take my money. Or perhaps gloucester council or whatever major council/ government authority in place locally?

why and for what reason?

and they

When you write to Minster to tell them your new address that is the only thing you tell them. You do not tell them that they have no planning permission as they already know itand it doesn't stop them still demanding more money. Keep your powder dry and do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.. The old cliches still hld true.

I often refer to the parking companies as being crooks when I post.

One of the reasons for that is when confronted in Court with not having planning permission, they lie to the Court by explaining that the permission is retrospective ! So perjury is just one of the their many cute little crooked attributes.

The only sure way  to stop them is for you to take them to Court and win.

That might not be easy when a Judge sees you have breached the car park terms so often regardless of the winning factors you have in your hand.

Just keep your head down and hope that they pick on some one else to take to Court.