Another: Minster Baywatch ANPR PCN - Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park GL7 5LU

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m not sure if this post has concluded or not

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422947-minster-baywatch-anpr-pcn-cotswold-lakeside-car-park-gl7-5lu/?tab=comments#comment-5072737

but I’ve been brought here as I’ve had the same issue pretty much with the same car park unfortunately.

I've got three fines from them for parking there.

It’ll amount to £180 or £300 Should it be left.

There’s a lot of information to be sifted through here.

I really don’t know where to start.

I don’t suppose someone wouldn’t mind helping me out here?

Of course we'll try to help, that's what we're here for!

However, could you please click on "Start new topic" to start your own thread?  This thread is Kaleidosky's and every case is different.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

click create in the top red banner

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no every case could be different 

hit create in the top red banner

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all.

Recently parked in this car park three times within the last two weeks and have now been issued £180 in fines (£60 for each fine), total. £300 if I do not pay within two weeks.

I’m keeping details here sparce as I don’t wish to shoot myself in the foot by saying too much and potentially an employee at their company reading this. I will happily respond to questions as I get them.

I have noticed some tactics in a similar previous thread from this same car park and was wondering if maybe those would apply to me here?

many thanks in advance

Thanks for responding so quickly all of you, 

• Like 1

Thanks for starting your own thread.

The fact you've got three of these invoices makes your case different from Kaleidosky's in that the fleecers will see £££ and maybe take things more seriously.  Should still be more than possible to defeat them though!

BTW they are not fines, a private company hasn't got the power to fine you.

Can you tell us briefly what these crooks reckon you did wrong?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly here!

I used to park here a long time ago at late hours for thought processing and never had to pay during those hours.

I drove in recently and just assumed it was the same as usual.

I was unaware it was under new ownership.

I parked there at night on three different occasions and assumed I didn’t have to pay!

I got two letters in the post from them on Saturday morning and one more I received yesterday.

scan up the three NTK's/PCN's to one multipage PDF please

read upload carefully.

please also complete this for each one (just put 3 sets of dates after each question please)

and they

read upload

it tells you how

as long as we can read the NTK's etc clearly 

must be PDF for us to zoom

and they

1 Date of the infringement 17th, 18th and 22nd September

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th, 24th and 28th September 2020

3 Date received

26th September (for the ones dated as the 24th)

30th September OR 1st October, i'm unsure as I was not present at home from the evening of the 29th until the evening of 1st October (for the one on the 28th)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes, on all of them

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? They have captured two photos of the event for each date clearly showing my registration. The surroundings however are not present as the photos have been taken at very late hours.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up ^^^ N/A ^^^

7 Who is the parking company? Minster Baywatch

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park, GL7 5LU

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. There is a BPA logo present at the bottom of each letter

Thanks again!

Parking notices 1 2 and 3.pdf

• Like 1

hey that's magicwork KuruptFM93

absolutely perfect

wish everyone was so great in giving use the info we need.

you'd accidently left the PCN number on each one 

so i've redone them for you.

you can do no better than to read as many threads here in this forum as you can

that will get you upto speed on things

revisit the planning portal and check to see if since that other thread planning perm for their signs, poles and cameras has been applied for and grant

and 

go down there at you usual time and take photos of the area WITHOUT a flash as i bet the signes up not illuminated?

pers i'd be doing nothing else bar reading for now until /unless you get a letter of claim from one of their fake/tame paperwork only solicitors.

• Like 1

and they

Thanks for that friend. I appreciate the advice!

if I remember correctly, the sign was not lit up. If I was to take a photo of the sign in the dark without flash, how would I be able to prove that that’s what I took a photo of, considering that I could just take a pitch black photo?

Im due to move to Europe relatively soon, this month as a matter of fact. When I first got this car, I used my parents address as the correspondence address for things in matter to my car. What if this company was to mail me while I’m away and my parents were to keep receiving letters in the mail by them and I haven’t paid?

is there a route of action that I can take that would be more conclusive?

I think you're in an excellent position.  You can't enter into a contract with them through reading their signs if the damn things are in the pitch black!

As dx says, if the place is local to you go back at night (pay whatever the minimum fee is this time!) and photograph the signs.  It's up to them to show the signage is sufficient, not for you to show the opposite.

You won't like this answer, but no, there is no way to stop them destroying half the Amazon.  A bunch of crooks have got your letters from the DVLA and they will send you a load of standard letters in the following months that are supposed to be threatening but in reality are just hot air from paper tigers.

When you move send them a simple two-line letter with your new address.  That should be the end of it for your parents but as Minster Baywatch are idiots with no respect for the law they may well answer that they are "unable" to send letters to Europe or some such tripe.  If the worst comes to the worst comes to the worst, all you parents would have to do is open the letters, check that they aren't headed "Letter Before Action/Letter Before Claim", and put them in a file.  

3 hours ago, FTMDave said:

As dx says, if the place is local to you go back at night (pay whatever the minimum fee is this time!) and photograph the signs.  It's up to them to show the signage is sufficient, not for you to show the opposite.

but not if you are only there for 10 mins!

or walk in..:pound:

and they

Am I not able to gather this evidence RE: sign not lit up & no planning permission for those cameras, mail them and say I cannot enter upon a contract if I am unaware of what is on the sign + legally you cannot put me in one if you didn’t acquire a planning permission etc etc and then be done of it?

aye what?

mail who?

dx

and they

why and for what reason?

and they

When you write to Minster to tell them your new address that is the only thing you tell them. You do not tell them that they have no planning permission as they already know itand it doesn't stop them still demanding more money. Keep your powder dry and do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.. The old cliches still hld true.

I often refer to the parking companies as being crooks when I post.

One of the reasons for that is when confronted in Court with not having planning permission, they lie to the Court by explaining that the permission is retrospective ! So perjury is just one of the their many cute little crooked attributes.

The only sure way  to stop them is for you to take them to Court and win.

That might not be easy when a Judge sees you have breached the car park terms so often regardless of the winning factors you have in your hand.

Just keep your head down and hope that they pick on some one else to take to Court. 

So essentially they look to break the law in order to get money from me? How unethical, and courts let them do this?!

Also, when I move, my car will still be present in the UK at my parents address. This isn’t going to give them any issues is it?