• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Another: Minster Baywatch ANPR PCN - Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park GL7 5LU

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m not sure if this post has concluded or not

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422947-minster-baywatch-anpr-pcn-cotswold-lakeside-car-park-gl7-5lu/?tab=comments#comment-5072737

but I’ve been brought here as I’ve had the same issue pretty much with the same car park unfortunately.

I've got three fines from them for parking there.

It’ll amount to £180 or £300 Should it be left.

There’s a lot of information to be sifted through here.

I really don’t know where to start.

I don’t suppose someone wouldn’t mind helping me out here?

Hi all.

Recently parked in this car park three times within the last two weeks and have now been issued £180 in fines (£60 for each fine), total. £300 if I do not pay within two weeks.

I’m keeping details here sparce as I don’t wish to shoot myself in the foot by saying too much and potentially an employee at their company reading this. I will happily respond to questions as I get them.

I have noticed some tactics in a similar previous thread from this same car park and was wondering if maybe those would apply to me here?

many thanks in advance

Thanks for responding so quickly all of you, 

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly here!

I used to park here a long time ago at late hours for thought processing and never had to pay during those hours.

I drove in recently and just assumed it was the same as usual.

I was unaware it was under new ownership.

I parked there at night on three different occasions and assumed I didn’t have to pay!

I got two letters in the post from them on Saturday morning and one more I received yesterday.

1 Date of the infringement 17th, 18th and 22nd September

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th, 24th and 28th September 2020

3 Date received

26th September (for the ones dated as the 24th)

30th September OR 1st October, i'm unsure as I was not present at home from the evening of the 29th until the evening of 1st October (for the one on the 28th)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes, on all of them

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? They have captured two photos of the event for each date clearly showing my registration. The surroundings however are not present as the photos have been taken at very late hours.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up ^^^ N/A ^^^

7 Who is the parking company? Minster Baywatch

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park, GL7 5LU

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. There is a BPA logo present at the bottom of each letter

Thanks again!

Parking notices 1 2 and 3.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for that friend. I appreciate the advice!

if I remember correctly, the sign was not lit up. If I was to take a photo of the sign in the dark without flash, how would I be able to prove that that’s what I took a photo of, considering that I could just take a pitch black photo?

Im due to move to Europe relatively soon, this month as a matter of fact. When I first got this car, I used my parents address as the correspondence address for things in matter to my car. What if this company was to mail me while I’m away and my parents were to keep receiving letters in the mail by them and I haven’t paid?

is there a route of action that I can take that would be more conclusive?

Am I not able to gather this evidence RE: sign not lit up & no planning permission for those cameras, mail them and say I cannot enter upon a contract if I am unaware of what is on the sign + legally you cannot put me in one if you didn’t acquire a planning permission etc etc and then be done of it?

So essentially they look to break the law in order to get money from me? How unethical, and courts let them do this?!

Also, when I move, my car will still be present in the UK at my parents address. This isn’t going to give them any issues is it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven’t been, honestly I have been so tied up with medical school I haven’t even had the time to FaceTime my family.

to play the latter? So you’re suggesting an aggressive approach? Bold to assume I have anything in my pockets should I lose. This is a letter from their solicitors, a very well known legal company. I can’t contend with that!