Another: Minster Baywatch ANPR PCN - Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park GL7 5LU

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought I explained in post 16.  These con artists have got their hands on your address and will send a load of "threatening" letters - all of which you can safely ignore.

I've counted 11,439 threads on this forum.  I can't think of one where a PPC accepted an appeal.  If you write to them they will reply you didn't pay, the PCNs were issued correctly and please give them £300 ASAP.

Ignore their tripe and enjoy planning for your new life in Europe.

However, get us the photos of the signs before you go if you can, tell us when you write to them to tell them you've moved, and never ignore a Letter before Action.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A FYI just telling them you have moved nothing that can be construed as an appeal.  keep a copy of what you sent, as some fleecers will ignore the letter and go for Back Door CCJ.  If they do that letter will ensure set aside and a big lose as they were aware of your new address before issuing claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 weeks later...

i bet not

but DCA threat-o-grams

which ofcouse you know are powerless because you have been reading up..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes you should be reading mostly any threads here or your own one again from post one.

CAG is self help too..

as has been said at least twice now..await if/when they send a letter of claim from one of the many fake/tame paperwork only solicitors.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

ericsbrother snotty letter time

and they

This time you need to reply, as a Letter Before Claim is a formal notice of intent to commence legal proceedings.

It is also a fishing exercise by Minster Baywatch to try to find out who will just roll over and who would be bad news for them in court.  You need to be in the latter category.  Thus a snotty letter ridiculing their claim and showing you're genned up with the law. 

Forum regular Ericsbrother has drafted loads of these "snotty letters" over the years, dx is suggesting to have a search of such letters, see what would be appropriate for you, and post a draft up here.

On 26/10/2020 at 15:21, dx100uk said:

yes you should be reading mostly any threads here or your own one again from post one.

CAG is self help too..

as has been said at least twice now..await if/when they send a letter of claim from one of the many fake/tame paperwork only solicitors.

dx

the above was a month ago.

have you been ?

and they

I haven’t been, honestly I have been so tied up with medical school I haven’t even had the time to FaceTime my family.

to play the latter? So you’re suggesting an aggressive approach? Bold to assume I have anything in my pockets should I lose. This is a letter from their solicitors, a very well known legal company. I can’t contend with that!

To be blunt, the fact that you haven't read similar Minster Baywatch threads now results in you getting it all wrong and being terrified of next to nothing.

A very well known legal company?  You're having a laugh!  Well known legal companies don't waste their time on private parking companies, you're dealing with bottom barrel-scraping solicitors.

You can't compete with a standard letter of which they send out hundreds per week?  Eh?  A Letter Before Claim isn't exactly complex.  "LETTER BEFORE CLAIM  Dear So & so, you owe me money, pay me within 14 days or I'll take you to court".  Not really difficult.  You don't need to be a top barrister to knock one of these out.

What does put you in an iffy position is that you have three of these tickets which will mean Minster Baywatch will be seeing more £££ signs than usual.  You need to start putting some work in otherwise yes, they will take you to court.  We would like to help you avoid that but you need to roll your sleeves up.

• Thanks 1

CAG is a self help, learn and help other's on the way soet of place, Minster baywatch will have made errors with their processes, and there will be flaws in their argument

A start on the letter might be:

Dear Minster baywatch,

Your Letter Before Claim is laughable

You know now that I know your case is pants, on several heads not least as the signage is invisible at the time you issued your invoices, and the driver therefore could not accept a contract he can't clearly see the signs with the T & C's clearly indicated.  In fact the signage is laughable and cannot form a contract, due to its illegibility in the dark, in the night.

Something like that if indeed the car was parked in the dark, signs unlit.  Read up on some ericsbrother letters, and adapt them to rebut the circumstances on the Invoices they issued you.  INVOICES not FINES/

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.

We'd prefer you didn't.

But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.

So please

- post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)

- post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)

- also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out

- upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo

- also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?

If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.

Edited by FTMDave
Usual typo!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We don't know what deadline the fleecers gave you, because you haven't uploaded the LBC, but I would guess it's about now.

Three tickets + not replying to a LBC = court case.

But it's up to you.

safety tucked up in europe so hopefully wrote to MBW or their dogs telling them i am no longer resident in the uk...go away off.

and they

• 5 months later...

So what happened in this case then?

It should have been a fairly easy one to win given the unilluminated signs.

Other motorists will end up in the same predicament due to these predatory tactics, and given all the excellent, free advice you had on how to fight the fleecers it would be useful for you to come back and let them know the result.

• 1 year later...