Barclaycard (Barclays) Default

bobster2016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been struggling with Barclaycard and Barclays regard two defaults on two barclay defaults dating back to 2018.

These defaults resulted while I was suffering from a brain tumor and subsequent surgery and extended period in hospital.

Complication from the surgery  has left me with memory issues and partial vision.

Barclays/Barclaycard are the only financial institutions which did not/will not help to remove the negative markers from my credit file.

I have tried everything possible, escalating to customer services, escalating to Executive Office, reaching out to senior executives at Barclays via Linkedin.

Each time i have been advised they will not help to remove the negatuie markers. 

There is a specific person in the Executive Office who has made it his mission to ensure  there's no way they will remove the defaults from mt credit file, even

though i was in hospital in a coma at the time.

I even raised a complaint with the Ombudsman which did not help either, the response was that Barclays were following processes and procudres to report 

factual information.

I am trying to get my life back to normal 

I am at a loss on what to do... can anyone please help. 

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your health problems.....but why did your payments default because you was in hospital...were they not set up as Direct Debits ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

sily question p'haps.. but why do you think you need the defaults removed?

i will gather you mean defaulted dates registered following the sending of a default notice for each debt?

not the silly monthly calendar markers?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well unfortunately the Credit Consumer Act 1974 does not make provision for the above when these things happen in life......if you have loans or credit cards and do not make the monthly contractual payment on time...you have breached the agreement and as a result the agreement is defaulted and the markers placed on your credit files.....irrespective of what challenges you have had to face....or reasons for none payment.

Thats why they will not entertain your requests....unfortunately.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

One thought, does your medical condition now qualify as a Disability under the Equality Act?  Your GP or Consultant ought to be able to give you an opinion, if they haven't already done so.

If you have had a disability since the defaults you could try arguing that they are required by law to make "reasonable adjustments" to their normal procedures to take account of your disability and that the "reasonable adjustment" you are seeking is the removal of the markers. That argument is only likely to succeed if you have been keeping up the payments since the defaults and are not in arrears now.

I'm not saying this will definitely work and you need to do your own research and perhaps talk to some of the Disability support groups to see what they think.