Parcelshop have mislaid parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My local Parcelshop accepted my parcel and issued a Hermes branded receipt. Parcel has gone missing prior to scanning by Hermes driver. That can only mean theft by Parcelshop staff, the Hermes driver or persons unknown.

Both Hermes and Packlink deny responsibility since the item doesn't reflect as having been collected on their systems but Hermes tracking system states 'we've got it'. Parcelshop denies all liability.

Whom do I pursue? Do I report alleged theft to the police to formalise matters?

Regards,

Jan

Edited by retyred.life
Clarification

Don't bother with the police. It won't get you anywhere and it's just a load of hassle. Your target will be Hermes.

Get screenshots and evidence of everything and monitor this thread for a  fuller reply tomorrow

Please tell us more information. The value of the parcel, it's contents,  and dates

Contents: 12 Alum. tent poles.

Packing: Cardboard tube. 8 x 8 x 44cm, 508g.

Value: Sold on ebay for £31.90 inc. P&P

Shipping label purchased via ebay/Paypal. Address label printed in store.

Hermes fee paid: £3.84 which included insurance and signature.

Handed to Parcelshop, Ludlow at 16:40 on Sun. 27th Sept.

Hermes pass the buck to Packlink. Packlink say nothing on our systems. Despite issuing the Hermes receipt (the only proof I have of handing in) Parcelshop say nothing to do with us / not our problem!

Addressee is being patient . . for now.

IMG_20200927_164014984_HDR.jpg

Edited by retyred.life

Thanks for letting us know. Can I ask you how you worked this out? It might be helpful to others – and also maybe if you posted up on the Facebook group as well.

In desparation I wrote down (pen and paper fashion) all details from all sources about my package. Only then did I see the tracking # discrepancy - last four digits were different.

Lesson learned. Don't presume ebay/Hermes/Packlink systems communicate seamlessly. From now on I will make a note on the Parcelshop receipt of the tracking/barcode # as shown on the printed address label affixed to my parcels and double check back to ebay/Hermes/Packlink websites.

In defense of both Hermes and Packlink they could only investigate the tracking # that I supplied. That number came from ebay. That # was incorrect.

I'm sure that Hermes has many thousands of very satisfied customers. The trouble is, that the test of a good company is how they deal with things when they go wrong. The evidence seems to be that as long as everything is fine, Hermes is fine. As soon as things go wrong, Hermes get nasty and reluctant.

It's a real shame that they are prepared to sacrifice a reputation like this – on the other hand they are so big, it probably doesn't matter very much