• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CREDITFIX refused homeless friend an IVA on £100k of debts mostly owed to DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

probably simply talking about the application to do an IVA managed by  them.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Christ, they did him a massive favour not accepting him for an IVA. It's like using a JCB to crack a nut in his situation. Totally innapropriate.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There will regret it when they start to understand that the OP has started to take control and that most of the money won't be paid.

• Thanks 1

I have only been helping him since Creditfix     and the IVA,  so nothing of his comes here, I only helped as I have a computer and he is pretty useless

I have enough to sort out of my own atm,, 

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

1 hour ago, London1971 said:

It's like using a JCB to crack a nut in his situation.

That depends, we don't know for certain that 90% of the debts can be written off as dbx states, that's supposition. If he wanted to apply for insolvency and keep his HP car, an IVA may have been the only option.

he needs the car  to get to and  from work Will, and to see his step daughter and her children, he could not  go bankrupt   , one reason no money to go bankrupt and  he said rather go for an IVA ,DMP or any other option.

He has  had car 2 years and  got about 3 years left on it  far as I know

I honestly do not know what he is  going do, he only get the living wage even though he works long hours,  no extra for overtime and weekends, , he is a delivery  driver,

I will do my best to keep you updated, do not think he has heard back from Creditfix 

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

good stuff 'em

just ignore every debt with a dca and stop paying it.

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forget about Creditfix and an IVA, his creditors voted against it.

"It’s good news your IVA has been approved.

Please be advised that there is no need to worry and you will be contacted accordingly regarding the outcome."

It's a poorly written email as it can be misconstrued without further explanation. The outcome was that creditors rejected Creditfix's 'approved' IVA application. Even so, as he'd already failed a DMP, maintaing payments towards an IVA could've proven difficult for him but he might have shoehorned himself in to an IVA so he could keep the car and eventually write off the debts.

While DCAs have no power of enforcement, I disagree that it's nothing to worry about. The IVA proposal is an admission of liablity so unless the debts are already statute barred, there is now six years for creditors to make a money claim against him which would be the next step if they continue to pursue.

He can wait around and then try to challenge any money claim or he can actively challenge liability for each debt beforehand which could have some success. A successful money claim would result in a CCJ, and he might already have some CCJs against him so he's vulnerable to an attachment of earnings order unless he's self-employed. He's also at risk of a bankruptcy petition being filed against him.

How much is the car worth and how much is left to pay on the HP agreement?

Edited by Will Goodfellow
  • Thanks 1

no sure how much car is worth, it  is on 2010 plate , Subaru Forester XC BOXER D ,  got about £3k left on it to pay

Does he earn a good amount ?  I think you said, he paid for a hotel out of his own money, which must be very expensive, so once he pays for this accommodation, there is not much left ?

Might be worth looking for cheaper accommodation and to try to save up some money, just so he has more options.  Can he rent a room in a shared house somewhere ?

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hi Uncle, he is  still in the hotel, costs him £220 a week, all he gets is breakfast, he has tried to find somewhere else, even went to the council, said he was homeles but they did not want to know.

He gets  just s the living  wage    for hourly rate, he is contracted for 45 hours, often works  lot more, the first week back  at his work he did 62 hours.

He has been looking but   most places need a bond, or a  deposit  or  a months rent up front and sometimes all 3! 

he  pays £120 a month for his car, he is 60 years old

and doesn't need stupid IVA's over 99% unenforceable consumer debts own by DCA's i bet most of these debts go back 10's of years too!.!!

shame he is of the age whereby he would of morally of always been told and wanted to settle debts.

thats so wrong in todays world. thats now DCA got greedy

has he asked shelter if they have a list of places that don't need an arm and let deposit etc.

• Thanks 1

and they

Some of these debts might be so old that a CCJ has been issued and is now off the register. 

• Thanks 1

So the hotel rent and car repayment add up to about a grand a month, with only about £100 or so to live off per month ?

That is no way to live for any length of time. Think he should get advice from housing charity Shelter ASAP. If he could get somewhere to rent for say £500 per month, then he can save a little, so if car needs repairing  or he needs anything essential he has money available.

I think the debts are the least of his worries. He has no ability to pay these. The debt owners probably realise this and they are most likely listed as uncollectable.

• Thanks 1

also  has car tax £22 a month and insurance which is quite high £53 a month, he said he will shop round   when it is due for renewal which is December, plus  has to buy food.

I am sure he is going to view  somewhere over the weekend  but not sure as he is on call on Saturday.

I am not sure when  he will contact me again but I will  show him all the information here, I do know when he was on furlough he was only getting  around £200 a week.

Thank you to all who have helped etc

Sandy

He should ask council about discretionary housing payments based on his current situation.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

What happened?

Did he manage to resolve it?

I am interested in the part where creditfix said he was approved, but he wasn't.

If you apply for an IVA and it is rejected, does that put a bad mark on your creditfile?

My friend recommended an IVA to me, although my debt is nowhere near as much as your friends.

I was going to use a free IVA advisor , who say they will tell me which companies will approve me for an IVA before I apply, but if they say one and I apply and it is not approved, will this have negative consequences?

My credit score is already 'poor'. 

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, QueenQ said:

What happened? Did he manage to resolve it? I am interested in the part where creditfix said he was approved, but he wasn't. If you apply for an IVA and it is rejected, does that put a bad mark on your creditfile? My friend recommended an IVA to me, although my debt is nowhere near as much as your friends. I was going to use a free IVA advisor , who say they will tell me which companies will approve me for an IVA before I apply, but if they say one and I apply and it is not approved, will this have negative consequences? My credit score is already 'poor'. 

Thanks!

You are welcome to ask for advice here – but please would you start your own thread. Also, please don't spam this forum with links to credit advice companies.

We'll be very pleased to help you though – if that's what you need

click create in the top red banner

dx

and they