• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CREDITFIX refused homeless friend an IVA on £100k of debts mostly owed to DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am here for a relative who does not have internet access or anything but has got himself into financial difficulties

he  decided to  ask for help with Creditfix.

I was asked to see if they were licensed .   etc which all seemed above board,  they went through the options with them and Bankruptcy was offered as he owes a lot.

At this point he was unsure but he decided  against it as  has a car on finance which he needs for work and his house is rented through a HA which most do not like tenants  who are bankrupt.

Creditfix then suggested an IVA which they stated he had a very good chance of getting and make him debt free in 5/6 years, it was all explained and a creditors virtual meeting set up, they promised it would all go through but he also had to get a new bank account as his was linked to some debts.

He did this and spent several hours going back and forth,

Creditfix were supposed to have told him how the meeting went, nothing!

he had to borrow a phone to find out himself, he was told it had failed!

Some of the creditors did not play ball they said, he was gobsmacked, not one have they said sorry or anything.

He said his life is in ruins now, they have destroyed him, 

he want to take the matter further  and has already put in a complaint to them which they have replied to,

he asked me to help as he has no idea with computers and does not have one.

I do not know what else to help him,

never seen him like this,

he was so sure the IVA was going ahead,

their lack of communication is awful,

it has caused him and his partner to split up,

he informed them of this after the IVA had failed,

they are now saying that is why it failed!

Can he take this to FSA? or wherever,

sorry I am not clued up on these matter, sorry for the long post,

I am angry for him,

he has left a bad review on trustpilot about the company and reported them to Resolver, they not even said sorry

He owes at least nearly a 100k! not sure but a lot,he tired DMP and doing it himself but tbh he is useless!

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

list his debts please

type of credit

when taken out

how much owing

original creditor

IF DCA now Dealing and name them

its probably a very good thing the IVA didn't go thru as there are 1000's of cowboys out there that take and use most of your monthly payments to pay their fees and little ever goes off debts anyway.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no idea who most are dx but try my best

Loanable or lendable  - knew nothing about this loan he said, its for over £10k

Vanquis loan and credits cards around £10k

Luma card , not sure

creditors going back years ,

he was with 123 Debt Solutions but they stopped doing DMP, not sure who he been dealing with, 

has defaults with BG and Anglian water, 

loads other,

Can not get lot info from him tbh as only comes when he needs help!

cabot have taken a few on and Lowell,   

am trying to find his list he gave me

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

ahh... so he has been with a fleecing DMP provider that took all his money in fees so he dumped them.

good idea.

send anyone that is chasing him for a loan or a card debt a CCA request snow dragon.

looks like we can get 90% of this written off.

sounds like he has been a cash cow for ages on debts he doesn't probable owe i bet

especially as fees charging DMP providers have been involved.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok will do,  123  were  good tbh but they handed it over to another DMP , think he tried  doing it himself but is useless with money,  spends it like going out of fashion,, only thing he has  kept up payments on is his car

He has been getting loads letter from his creditors as Credit fix have not informed them the IVA failed

Barclays 83.28 N 1.00

PRA Group 837.93 N 3.04

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 746.61 N 2.73

Robinson Way & Company Limited 660.82 N 2.42

Lowell Financial 12,235.40 N 44.17

1st Credit Ltd 7,554.04 N 27.27

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 287.10 N 1.05

Cabot Financial Ltd 855.83 N 3.14

Cabot Financial Ltd 200.48 N 1.00

Cabot Financial Ltd 608.08 N 2.23

Cabot Financial Ltd 609.30 N 2.23

Robinson Way & Company Limited 66.77 N 1.00

NCO Europe LTD 883.67 N 3.23

Capital One Bank 582.80 N 2.12

Wescot Credit Services Ltd 9,251.99 N 33.74

Cabot Financial Ltd 6,765.31 N 24.80

Lowell Financial 323.92 N 1.17

Idem Servicing 170.69 N 1.00

Idem Servicing 122.30 N 1.00

Cabot Financial Ltd 626.10 N 2.29

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 248.08 N 1.00

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 86.58 N 1.00

Anglian Water 670.43 N 2.42

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 125.76 N 1.00

Lendable 10,000.00 N 0.00

Vanquis Bank Ltd 4,000.00 N 0.00

Vanquis Bank Ltd 4,000.00 N 0.00

sorry its all condensed,  thats how is on the paper, , far as know that is it apart from his car, he is currently in a hotel as needs find somewhere to live

god being cash cowed on EVERYTHING

just tell him to stop paying everything

he has no assets so no CCJ can be levied on anything.

end of problems.

dx

and they

£62k? multiple debts from Vanquis... 

I feel a violent rage coming on... I also feel IRR Lending complaints coming on. 

But if the debts are not with the OCs then its likely he might beable to claim compo etc from the companies. 

It is a mess. Is he willing to engage more with you Snowdrop or come online to us?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

he owes at least  80/100k 

Dont think he is paying anyone, he wants to do something about Creditfix though,

they   seem be laughing and sweeping it under the carpet, 

promised him the earth,

he thought his life would get back on track.

Is there anyoone who he can take the matter  to?

already  done an official complaint, 

got reply  from that,  load of rubbish reply, .

He is in a mess, recently gone back to work after being furloughed since March, 

that did not help re the split, 

then the failure of the IVA really did it

FK, he works full time and has no clue about computers,

I hardly see him tbh, 

he was trying get his life back on track with the promise of the IVA,

it is being left to me to relay things to him,

he drives for a living as he is a delivery driver so can not use phone obviously 

I think he wants to destroy creditfix like they have him tbh

creditfix did him a favour!

there is nothing to complain about

other than they encouraged him to blindly pay loads of debts , running the Statute barred date to infinity on debts that he most probably doesn't even NEED to pay and never did.

get him to ask himself this questions SD.

if he REALLY did owe the money

WHY did the original creditors sell the debt on for peanuts to debt collectors (typically <10p=£1) and not take him to court and CRUSH HIM.

he has been cash cowed blind by the system for i bet 15+yrs

any debt that is with a DCA tell him to STOP PAYING.

go back to his wife and tell her he made a mega mistake by going to sort his debts out as they were not owed in the 1st place.

and they

they not get back together  dx, that was final nail in the coffin so to speak, they not really been together for many years, him being on furlough  did not help, etc, so no he on his own now

Thanks all for the the help, I will pass the info onto to him, when I see him  

Sandy xx

is he the joint owner of the old home?

and they

no DX, it is rented from HA, was in joint names but he left and it is now in her name only, he signed papers. 

All I know is he is in a hotel  which is costing him his wages, he went to council when he first left to say he was homeless but they did not want to know

I will keep you updated best I can when I know anything more

Sandy xx

No IVA application is guaranteed to be successful. Creditors vote at a meeting on whether to accept the IVA proposal or not, and the amount of money creditors are owed dictates what percentage of the vote creditors have. In order for the IVA to be approved, the vote must be 75% in the debtor's favour. In your friends case, it seems that there was not a majority 75% vote in his favour so the IVA proposal was rejected, it didn't fail as there was no IVA in the first place. This should have been explained to your friend before he agreed to go ahead with the IVA.

no he was told  he was approved for the IVA, he has the mail saying so, Creditfix    said they  only accepted people who had a 100% chance of being accepted

He was not told  it had failed byt them he had to ask as they never let him know,  they also have not told any of his creditors it had failed so they are all now hounding him

If he needs someplace to go and can save up a small bit of money. Try getting him to use Spareroom 

He will beable to find something on there :)

I rent from a location and have been here 8 years. ITs a start until he gets himself back on his feet :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

47 minutes ago, snowdragon said:

so they are all now hounding him

how are they hounding him? they can't know where he is surely..

but anyway forget the debts, 

all the DCA's and all the so called debt management companies should be ashamed of themselves for perpetrating he needed to pay these 99% bogus debts and destroying his family. sadly they ALL couldn't careless simply to line their owns pockets and run down the pub otngo on holiday with his free money. none of it goes off the debts anyway.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to CREDITFIX refused homeless friend an IVA on £100k of debts mostly owed to DCA's

they are sending him letters to his previous address and  messages to his works phone,  he has tried loads places  get his own place but most want  huge deposits and rent in  advance which he aint got. He  wants a flat,  he said, not much going for under £400 a month 

what does he deem as 'works phone' - a mobile his works provides him?

previous address i will assume is the old matrimonial address?

try getting him to talk to shelter

they have lots of contacts.

and they

In sure he does want a flat but needs to be realistic for now.

Even if its for only a Year. Its a roof over his head and something a bit more stable... 

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

told him that fk,

dx, his work provide a phone so they can keep in contact with him, I have tried lots times help him, yes old  address is where he was living, they split up in August but been on cards  way before that

how did the fleecers get that number

about time he took control not be controlled by the fleecers. next time one of em ring tell them the call is being recorded and this phone is not to be used to ring me again, it is a works phone and not mine do not ring again or i will be complaining to the authorities that gov't you bye and hang up

dx

and they

3 hours ago, snowdragon said:

no he was told  he was approved for the IVA, he has the mail saying so, Creditfix    said they  only accepted people who had a 100% chance of being accepted

That in itself is worthy of a complaint as Creditfix cannot give a 100% guarantee that an IVA will be approved, it is up to the creditors to accept an IVA proposal or not. Creditix may have approved his IVA application with themselves but not with the creditors. Do you have a copy of the email?

It’s good news your IVA has been approved.

Please be advised that there is no need to worry and you will be contacted accordingly regarding the outcome.

The one email  saying  they only accept people with 100%  chance came up saying  can not be shown on desktop on on mobile, I  am searching through as  most was done through my computer for him

so you've actually been dealing with him for quite a while then.....

why don't you do him one big favour and allow him write to everyone notifying them of your address for all future correspondence. 

and they

So the IVA Was approved by CreditFix - but the wording was "Approved by them" but had not been agreed with the Creditors at that point? 

Thats incorrect handling of a Legal Process right there.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis