• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Just Cash Flow PLC business bank personal guarantee Court Claim.

MOSS 41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and if i pay for application to submit amended defence 

1) do i have time

2)what reasons can i write in application that judge will be happy with for putting in amended defence?

shall i also ask for an unless order to provide the Deed of Guarantee and Indemnity- can this both happen in the same application ?

so i only have to pay once?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right with you ...so was it one claim with defendants 1 and 2 or two separate claims in each name ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

no

one claim JCF v  guarantors defendant 1 and 2- trial 5 march

one claim JCF v guarantor defendent 1-applied for summary judgement as defence laid out poorly 

same claimant  but against two companies (the guarantors of) same loan agreements  and everything, defences are the same 

Okay....I was just making sure there was only one claim number. So in reality their application for SJ takes precedent over the main claim and process.. you deal with the application as a priority (Defendant 1)

There is no need to amend the initial defence as you can rectify/add that within your opposing statement. Your statement should be based on their statement that supported their application in which you refute and state your arguments.

I must say that its a very risky option by the claimant to single out only one of the defendants on a joint claim and undermines the main claim should that proceed. Although should they be successful then the main claim will fall away.... A satisfied judgment obtained against one defendant will ordinarily bar a claim against other defendants with joint, or joint and several, liability.

A claimant is entitled to recover all of its losses from any one of multiple defendants where their liability is joint, or joint and several (but not where the liability is merely several.

You must file and serve your statement/evidence in response not less than 7 days pre hearing.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part24

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

hi-sorry im not being clear enough , 

claim 1 JCF v both of us for our ltd company xx ltd- seperate cases each have their own reference 

claim 2 JCF v just my husband  his ltd company yy ltd

claim 1 progressing as normal against both of us

claim 2 was progressing now they go for a summary judgment against him, due to poor defence.

i can easily provided evidence to dismiss it, prove valid defence

but how do i stop them getting awarded costs, for bringing the action based on my poor defence 

Okay so two separate claims two separate claim numbers....both claiming the same thing...talk about edging your bets.

They can only get judgment once

That should be the main opening point of your statement that they already litigating for the same thing on claim number xxxxxx issued xxxxxx date and ongoing.

but how do i stop them getting awarded costs, for bringing the action based on my poor defence 

How do you know they will be awarded any costs ...how do you know they will be successful....who is to say it will be awarded because of the poor defence submitted ?

Always looking for plan b - 

the defence is short and poor and not laid out in the correct format - because I didn’t do it 

but the points are the same just brief , 

would they have tried for summary judgement if I laid out a bigger defence - yes , they already put on allocation they would apply for one ☝️ n both claims - 

they didn’t on claim one as I had a long defence , they did on claim 2 as defence small So did what they said they would do  - 

they effectively want my defence struck out , to get a judgement by default , as there chances of winning in court are slim 

maybe I include photocopy of that form and say they always were going to apply for this, they did not get to this point by my poor defence , I don’t have to bear their costs 

Applications for Summary Judgment are not awarded on who did or didn't do what......they cant get a default judgment on either as you have submitted a defence...they could get Summary Judgment.

Summary judgment is only awarded in the follow circumstances...

·        A claim or issue or a defence to a claim or issue has no real prospect of success and

·        There is no other compelling reason for a trial.

(CPR 24.2)

Summary judgment a Quick guide.docx

thanks for that very helpful, ill make some points on it in a minute just wanted to say

they never served me application against CPR, i had to obtain off court a copy.

They refer in wtiness st - marked as what they rely to support application a paginated bundle PR1

which apparently accompanies the statement, i can see from the references and amount of pages it should be the loan offer and loan agreement, as you would expect.

so i asked court can i have copy of PR1 so i can check, they just got back and said 

claimant has never either in electronic database or in paper, served a bundle PR1 with the application, 

there said it was claimants job to serve everyone and me- so ask them 

i was about to and i had a thought, they havent submitted any evidence in support of their application

why remind them !

in theory judge will get to hearing and go where is your evidence of this agreement?

and for the record they are very sloppy and do make major mistakes in their paperwork, so this isnt unusual

is response to CPR rules you sent me - my observations are

1)they havent stated under what law/legislation they make a claim, they have mentioned document they rely on but didnt serve it with application as above

2)they didnt serve application or evidence on me ever! court knows this 

3)this is a telephone hearing where no oral evidence is to be given , do we do skeleton arguments or court bundle , when do we give to court - order is to only submit evidence in response 7 days before hearing

4) there are /is a document which gives complete defence to the claim, disclosable at trial , so they shouldnt have sought summary judgement

a)i have an email from them ,  a deed of guarantee and indemnity (DOGI) was required for guarantee, pre condition to lending

b)i have a docusign email sending request to sign this  DOGI document (not attached it was a docusign login) ,

c)they dont have a copy of it and havent provided under SAR or specific request. 

d) anyone who does a DOGI, is not defined as a 'Guarantor' in the agreement, which is not signed in a personal capacity anyway,

e)so in the application they rely on loan agreement having a self contained gurantor section, and the fact my name is next to word guarantor (but not signed personally, no statute of frauds anyways)

their definition of a guarantor-"person named in offer letter who enters into this loan agreement to provide a personal guarantee and indemnity. this definition excludes any third party guarantor who enters into a seperate DOGI"

Okay lets summarise as this is getting a tad messy.

Claimant issues two claims:- 2 separate claim numbers

Claim 1 JCF v both of us for our ltd company xx ltd-

Claim 2 JCF v just my husband  his ltd company yy ltd

Claims are dated xxxxxxx ?

Particulars of claim identical ? 

Claim 1 is progressing normally and at Disclosure stage......full particularised defence submitted. ....N265 exchanged....Statements yet to be filed and served.

Claim 2 was progressing normally but now claimant has made application for Summary judgment.....minimal defence submitted by Solicitor.

Claimant/Court failed to serve copy of application and evidence in support

Court informs you they also failed to serve any evidence with court re their application.

Hearing date has been set for application dated 24 /2/2021 Hearing will be remote by telephone but the claimant cant use any evidence as it failed to submit or serve.

Can you post another copy here so we have it all together.

You said they failed to attach a statement in support of their application ? Did you mean exhibits  PR1 ?

With you.......lets hope the court was thorough and that none turn up on the day....or that the claimant does not correct by then...either way they have failed to serve them on you and so your statement will be quite easy in response and objection.

Have a go at drafting it and post it here in PDF and I will make the necessary tweaks if required.

Here is an example that I have drafted in the past in response to this type of application ...its important that you follow the format and content in intro and conclusion.

WS (2) SJSO.pdf

Follow the claimants statement as your guide....its their application..you dont have to be concise about anything....you dont have to add anything they have not referred to....simply refuting.... informing the court of their errors and lack of compliance with the process of application.

Issuing two claims for the same debt.....etc etc.

we exchanged witness statements , on first claim today,

theres is no suprises, its full of inconsistencies, quite a few things are absolute golden nuggets for me

in relation to my defence. They dont even state where they recognise a personal guarantee, on this document signed on behalf of a limited company.

they have a weird email they have submitted in isolation , to try and prove i knew about a personal guarantee or agreed to one prior to funding (bear in mind i have submitted , numerous properly presented emails in evidence, i asked for no guarantee and debentures in the application etc)

i have to show you an email they appear to have fudged together for you to look at, i,ll redact- it is ridiculous , i have all emails and this doesnt exist or has been sent to me.  and its not proof of acceptance from us ,  they have cropped out , who it was sent to , at what time , to what address etc its definitely suspicious.  you would expect it to be forwarded or cc'd in etc, if we were parties to this email.dodgy email CAG.pdf

this is not a offer email sent to us, it doesn't prove it, its an internal conversation,  when i have included emails i have done the whole conversation, headers, footers, dates, times addresses, times opened etc

let me know what you think, its not acceptable,

1) i have all original actual emails between me and funding options  so i can see how it appears to have been altered my husband is not called trevor and and has never been known or referenced as that name. my husband was not party to the application at all, and all emails, only addressed to me every single time.

Interesting......with regards to the other claim....but irrelevant to this part of the process and drafting your statement in response to the SJ...your response for this statement must stick to the facts of the statement attached to the N244.

This is a separate matter and not connected to claim 1.

Yes, i know it is not relevant to SJ, just wondered your thoughts, on it

i dont feel that its an acceptable way to submit an email, because they cropped out all the evidence sections, times, dates, addresses. and my agent cant accept on our behalf, when the claimant offers terms, they send it directly to us, in all previous dealings

On  claim 2 (Hubbys) where exactly was you up to before they submitted their application ?  DQs submitted I assume.....had you got the The Notice of proposed Allocation with the courts directions ?

Have we got a scan of this claim form redacted here on the thread ?

If you could repost it then I have it on the same page as the N244...along with the N157 if it got that far ...thanks.