City Permits LTD Windscreen PCN - leeds hospital Algernon firth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My dad who is high risk and has had a heart attack was going to leeds hospital and it seems they have parked what they thought was the hospital car park but received a ticket. They asked someone (seems like a random person) if they could park there and were told its ok.

They put a disabled badge out but they returned to find a BPA parking charge notice. 

There was someone there who said dont worry about it they get lots and have never paid them 😕 but after the first advice they got...

The company is City Permits LTD reg at European house 93 Wellington road. Leeds. LS12 1DZ  company number 5720115. Ticket is for £100! pound or £60 if you pay it fast. 

Is this something we should contact the hospital about to let them know the parking company that he was there for his heart and is high risk with COVID. Or would it be best to contact the company directly and ask them. 

Thanks for any advice and let me know if you need any further information. 

Hi Megahamster77 welcome to the Forum.

Hospitals appear to be fair game for the crooks who run the parking companies.

You are more worried about what may happen during the visit rather than hunting for signage about where and how to park. You would think that showing a blue badge would qualify for free parking at a hospital.

I hope your Father is ok and he is not to worry as it is more than likely that you do not owe them a penny.

Yes you are right to appeal to the hospital as some of them are quite sympathetic to patients problems with parking companies but if you could answer a few questions first it may help to give the hospital more reasons to squash the PCN.

could you please answer the questions below as well as posting up the front and back of the PCN.

These companies tend to make mistakes that mean that they have no chance of getting paid.

That does not stop many people who do not know the errors pay up.

In the meantime please do not appeal to the parking company as it can make it harder to beat them.

• dx100uk changed the title to City Permits LTD Windscreen PCN -

In the first instance do as DX says and do not appeal to the PPC.

Secondly get in touch with the PALS dept for the hospital and complain, send an email to the hospital Trust's CEO, his name should be on their website and it will be [email protected]

Thirdly if the hospital brushes you off - local papers love these stories.

Hi all thanks for your reply. ive attached a couple of photos of the area, there is a sign on the bay but it doesnt mention disabled drivers.

There was also a disability sign on the floor. Which seems a little strange to me. 

I have also added the ticket itself but blacked out the car reg and make. 

Heres the sign on the wall

Heres the exact bay with the disabled marking under this car. 

Front and back of ticket.

had to remove the pix pasted directly to screen

you must redact things properly 

read upload carefully 

use one multipage PDf only please

can you do the relevant questionnaire link in post 2 please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok thanks is this more like what you mean?

The date of infringement?

29/9/20

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

No

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide

has there been a response?

Give answer here

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

No edit yes 4th nov - dx

what date is on it   edit - 4/11 -dx

Give answer here

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

Give answer here

[scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

Give answer here

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

Give answer here

5 Who is the parking company?

City Permits LTD

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

See map photo, Its leeds hospital  Algernon firth

parkingphotos.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to City Permits LTD Windscreen PCN - leeds hospital Algernon firth

thank you

now he sits on his hands until you get the NTK which must arrive between 29-56 from date of windscreen Ticket

no harm in reading threads here mind

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no, that game doesn't start until he receives the NTK.

and they

Hi all thanks again for all your replies i really appreciate it.

Just a few questions.

Looking at this i dont think my Fathers car has been parked on hospital land

i think the street is nothing to do with the hospital even though its slap bang outside.

i guess no point in contacting the hospital as we first said.

Also he wasn't driving the car at the time though its his.

He is also worried about having to pay £100 if this goes wrong so is saying to me he would rather pay £60.

Are we sure that the price wont go up if we wait for them to send out a letter?

Or will it be £100 on receipt of this demand letter.

The pay within 14 days for a discount, will by law have to be from the date they send out the demand?

Thanks so much for all your help, and my fathers pretty well thanks and happier after his visit,

im taking control of this so he's not stressed about it which wouldn't be good. 

PPC's can't issue speculative invoices for roads that are the public highway and not on private land.

and they

If this place is local to you could you or your father if he feels better or a family friend return there and take photographs of the signage and suss out who the car park belongs to?  The photos seem to show some sort of car park rather than just a road.  That would be very useful.

You talk about £60 becoming £100, but your father owes nothing.  He hasn't been fined, he's just been given a silly piece of paper by a private company.  The only person who can force your father to pay any money is a judge after a court case - which is highly unlikely as he wasn't even the driver!

Edited by FTMDave
I originally waffled on far too much!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

wrong thread sorry ignore!

dx

• Like 1

and they

If you can get pictures of signage it would be helpful, also where on the site was pasrked?  These fleeces make so many mistakes and if Kedeper not the driver POFA is usually where they mess up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

Hi all sorry ive been away so long, busy at work.

I am not able to go there as we dont really live near.

The google maps images are all I have.

To me it looks like parking on the road, its a road you can drive around to the hospital but beyond that I dont know.

I just looked on google maps and there is a sign that says private land before you drive up but its on the wall so impossible to see as you drive in.

Image one is showing the left turning to the road

. Image 2 shows the sign on the right wall and

image 3 is the look up the street where they parked near the end on the left  in a disabled spot. 

Its just outside the hospital entrance and shown in the first set of photos I added. It has a disabled sign on the floor on the spot, which seems strange for private parking

Is it going to be important to get photos of the signs because if so I can try to contact people on the internet who live nearby who might be nice enough to take photos of it. I might be able to do it through facebook or something. I dunno. 

We have just today received a further letter which i have attached on the second pdf front and back but taken off some important information. 

Thanks again for all your help on this. 

parking5.pdf parkfineletter.pdf

i noticed you have labelled one file a fine 

it is not a fine and it's important to know the difference

this is a private parking company that issues speculative invoices.

• Sad 1

and they

looks like we will have to pay this now and there is no discount anymore.

I thought they were still supposed to offer a discount on the pcn but there is no longer one. 

I've looked through the threads and I don't know where to start or what to do its all a minefield.

Most cases seem to be where people have paid to park and this isn't a pay space.

I don't think we really have any argument if this goes to court and dont really want the stress of that. 

Eh?

so you received the notice to keeper then?

and they

Well you have a decision to make, or rather your father does.

There is plenty wrong with City Permits' case, for a start the signs look tiny (which is presumably why he didn't notice them) plus they say they issued a charge because your father didn't show a permit, which means he's a trespasser, which means only the landowner can sue for the £0.001 damage his car made to the tarmac.

City Permits will be too stupid and greedy to understand any of this though and will go on sending their "threatening" (not!) letters.

Up to him if he wants to keep ignoring their bluster and to fight them, the regulars here are always available for advice.

• Like 1

you've removed its's date

and they

There is no need to pay this PCN because

1] as you didn't have a permit, you were trespassing and only the land owner, not City Permits can sue you for trespass. 

2] as it is private land the  Protection of Freedoms Act does not apply. Therefore the keeper is not liable only the driver can be held responsible.

Your father was not the driver so as long as no one tells them who was driving, there is nothing that they can do.

Yes City Limits will keep on pursuing your father so all you have to do is to keep your nerve and ignore all their threats and from their tame debt collectors etc.

The only time you need to react in future is if you receive a Letter before Claim. Then let us know and we will advise you from there.

• Like 2

Date is 4th of November on the NTK dx100uk.

I'm most worried about where this can go.

I don't want it to amass £500 of costs and then end in court as I don't trust the legal system that much. 

This is where I'm most worried.

I'm also surprised they didn't still offer a discount as far as I know

They are meant to.

Also they haven't stated how long the car was in their space for.

Only the time they found it there I guess.