Out of Warranty - less than 6yrs old - Samsung 4K HD Faulty sound - bought online Currys/PcWorld

shellbells1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Samsung 4k tv that I bought online from Curries/PCWorld - it is less than 6yrs old

Last year it developed a sound fault - when watching NowTV/ Netflix/ BBC iplayer and the like on the tv's built in apps or even just watching normal channels without the Vrigin Tivo box after sometime the sound starts to stutter and get stuck on a loop and does this really loud warping sound. I'll have to turn the tv off and on again to get rid of it

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does and its really annoying 

I tried all the troubleshooting tips online and contacted Samsung who acknowledged the fault but was going to charge me a lot for a repair

I have also been emailing Curry's since April who've ignored all my emails. I finally, yesterday got the attention of their customer services on Twitter and explained the fault

They have since said:

''I can see this item is out of warranty. With regards to out of warranty claims you have two options.

The first is we can send this to be looked at for a £95 fee which is refundable on confirmation of a manufacturers fault and then the item will be fixed.

The second is you can get an independent engineer report detailing the fault and cause. We can book it on for a repair.

If we cannot fix it then we can offer a depreciated credit towards a replacement.''

Thoughts? I'm totally wasn't expecting them to say 'sure, here's a replacement' but being charged for it to be looked at is my issue here

What date did you buy and how much did it cost you?

Have you checked on the Internet to see if this is a fault which has occurred to others?

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/290109/Why+does+the+sound+keep+cutting+out

Turn off the Anynet setting. It's highjacking the TV and causes this problem.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread