• Tweets

• You know what you're old username was and do you have access to that email address?
    • Can you explain a little bit more about the delivery please. Somebody sent them to you – was it a retailer who sold them to you? If you have to claim against Hermes then if you declared only a £300 value then this is probably what you will have to settle for. You pay £95 shipping costs – that is extraordinarily high for Hermes. Can you explain why it was so expensive.   Have you made a formal claim to Hermes? And have they responded?
    • I'm sorry there are a few typos in my post - a hangover from injuries I had at the time being discussed. I did try to tidy it up straight away but wasn't allowed to repost after editing it.
    • You posted in a solid block of text and it's rather difficult to read. Please will you make sure that your posts future are properly spaced and punctuated and that way people will find it easier to give you the help and support you need.
    • I arranged the delivery of a set of drum kit wood shells with hermes, I booked directly online. They have told me the item is lost 70x50x55 cm box???   They asked me to fill in a claim form which I have done i declared a value of £300 for the parts sent and paid for extra cover. I had recently purchased the whole drum kit for £650 and shipping costs of £95.00 to get them to me.    After investigating the cost of replacing the shells, not a direct equivalent but similar, it will cost around £450.00 with delivery.   I want to get compensation over the £300, is that possible, i have informed them of the total loss with delivery costs, prior to shipping with Hermes as £745.   I am more than happy to go to the small claims court for the difference but would it be dismissed,   Should I go for the full cost of the loss or the cost of replacement shells only I have all the receipts for the drums and shipping costs prior to hermes losing my items.   I still have the remaining parts that a pretty much worthless now, unless i get a new set of drum shells.   Its probably going to to take ages, I've written to CEO of Hermes about my complaint as well just to cover all bases. Next stop will be the small claims court as i read they pull delay tactics and low offers.   They really didnt care and also didn't seem surprised when i spoke to a service agent.
  • Our picks

PE ANPR PCN - overstay - appeal failed - Wigmore Shopping Centre, Luton, LU2 9TA

3rd aug got a silly threat-o-gram from a powerless DCA.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

13 minutes ago, JKA_needshelp said:

That was 2019, and they only had PP up until 2018, so since then they could have of course had PP.

Do we know what happened with that person after they were threatened with court?

So e-mail the council planning department and ask if they have obtained PP for the site since 2018.

I think it's 99.9999% sure PE gave up, otherwise the motorist would have asked us for help with the court case, but you could PM the person and ask.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Regarding court, try to put yourself in PE's shoes (probably difficult as you're not a crook or a conman, but let's try!)

They don't really want to take motorists to court.  Small claims court is set up to be as informal as possible and to discourage the use of solicitors.  Even if you win you're only allowed to claim a very small amount of legal costs from the other party, certainly not enough to pay for a solicitor.  Unfortunately for PE, while they are very experienced at bullying & threatening, they know sweet FA about the law and so invariably do go running to a local solicitor.  So even if they win the case they lose IYSWIM as what they win is a lot less than they have to pay in legal costs.

On the other hand if they never do court then the word will get out that they're paper tigers, so sometimes they do start court cases.

Conclusion - it's unlikely, but not impossible, that they would take you to court.

The sort of motorist they take to court is the type that takes their stupid procedures seriously or shows ignorance of the law or doesn't reply to an LBA (so might have moved and in any case may not defend a claim).  So to increase the odds further we recommend ignoring their drivel up to LBA stage and then giving them both barrels to let them know you know their signage is illegal and you were within a grace period and they would have a load of hassle with a defended court case.  At that point they nearly always go scurrying back under their stone.   

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2020 at 12:48, JKA_needshelp said:

That was 2019, and they only had PP up until 2018, so since then they could have of course had PP.

Do we know what happened with that person after they were threatened with court?

last I have heard from them was a letter saying as I have not responded, they are referring the case back to PE and suggesting court action. This was about 3-4 weeks ago. Will keep you updated if I hear anymore