Just Eat

philmycoke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(please remain safe, use protection and keep your eyes open. My uncle has got Crona and is on the ventilator with everyday his health going down hill. And he was the first person in our families to distribute and use gloves and masks. Even with that he got it. So sad.)

Hi guys.

I am confused.

I ordered fish and chips and extra fish from Just Eat.

The food was on the dot if not few mins late. Which is not the issue.

The fish was reheated in hot oil, tasted bad and hand a odor to it.

Sometimes when you heat a pizza in the microwave it has that unique smell, I am sure we have all smelt it.

Now I have requested Just Eat to refund me for the bad food. What few agents in live chat and NOW the investigation team is saying, send them a photo of the food so the restaurant has a chance to see and respond to the image.

Confusion is, how can a image show my complaint? Smell? Bad taste? Reheated?

Please help I am out £27 and most of there response is copy and paste.

Thanks.

Annoying as it is, people can order food delivery, eat it, and claim a refund, so how can you persuade them that isn't the case here? how are you going to show that in your case you didn't eat the food as it was so bad?

Did you contact the takeaway (at the time) as well as Just Eat, and tell them the food wasn't to standard??

If so, what did they say?.

In a restaurant the diner has the ability to leave the poor food, and bring it to the attention of the serving staff.

Not an option in the case of a delivery (except if you take it back to the provider, which negates the point of delivery, but does make it plain there is a major quality issue).

I doubt you'll get the whole £27 back, and how much effort do you want to put in, for the expectation of how much refund?.

£27 (at most!)?. Leave them a poor review, don't order from them again, and move on..........

I agree with the what you say.

However from prospect of an honest client what can be done?

They were contacted in time, to tell them the food is crap. they wanted the investigations team to look into it and they asked for photos.

today they are saying T&C 6 says its between you and the resturant.

aka we got the commsion they got the money and you can fork off.

i can fork off yes. however i want to do something about it. this is crona, not worked..... march. things are tight.

my options are if they can be shown they have some responsibility as they did earn commssion and the resturant has its payment. so both parties and paid and i lose out. if we can show they have some moral if not legal obligation then maybe they can give me some refund if not all.

imagine how many others being screwed over too?

beacuse it is online are we to be cheate for now untill goverment decides to govern this area of ecomerese or something?

i dont have a clue.

thank you.

then stop responding.

and i dont think anyone else has an issue. so i will move on.

(purpose is to ask questions and get some help, what has my previous posts gota do with this one and what is such a joke with otheres.)

On 26/09/2020 at 09:35, BazzaS said:

I doubt you'll get the whole £27 back, and how much effort do you want to put in, for the expectation of how much refund?.

£27 (at most!)?. Leave them a poor review, don't order from them again, and move on..........

You got your answer in my first reply (3 days ago!).

Every other reply was just leading you to accept it, which it (until just now!) appeared you hadn't, as it is only now you say you'll

a) put only limited effort (if any!) into getting a partial refund, and

b) move on ....... which was my advice

It is no surprise if, rather than being grateful for the advice, you seem to want to drag up the subject of old posts, (which I hadn't in this thread ... I was referring only to the posts in this thread), and you raise the prospect of replies being 'jokes'. That alone may influence the replies you get in future, so you've created a self-fulfilling prophesy.

In terms of 'stop responding' :

I'll choose what posts I respond to.

The site team can choose to decide if my posts meet site rules.

If you don't like me responding your (again, limited!) options are:

a) report one or more of my posts to the site team, who can asses if they breach site rules, or

b) block me, so that you don't get to see my replies, and then they'll never bother you.

Mind you:

a) I answered your question (and in my first reply, all the others were just trying to get you to accept it, and

b) no-one else answered........

So the downside of blocking me is that you wouldn't see the answer. Your choice.

Edited by BazzaS