a question....

naz_b

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya, im kind of confused about something. i had a halifax account for around 5 years, basically what happened this summer is that my phone insurance tried to take out the money by direct debit bit there was no money in there so the bank charged me the standard £38. Then what they done they charged me twice more in the same month even though i recieved a letter stating that they were going to charge me further £38 at the end of the next month but as i was getting paid in like 2 weeks i didn't do anything about it, however when i went to see whether i was paid or not i found that they closed my account without even letting me know. this happened in the summer. can anyone let me know whether i can still claim as the account is closed. the sad thing is, with my account i couldnt even go overdraft, i never missed used the account or anything apart from the direct debit payments where there was no money in the account. it really upset me that they closed my account... i hate halifax now.....

feel depressed -:-(

thanks, i have all their statements so i dont need to send for a S.A.R or do you think i should do?

thanks again.....

:) :) :)

naz,

If you`ve got the statements just go straight to sending 1st letter asking for your money back, follow that up with an LBA 14 days later, then file in court 14 days after that, then just wait till they pay u (and they well:D )

Good Luck

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

hey halifax people are bloody heartless... just going through my statements dating back from 2001 and in december 2003 due to a debit card payment of £5 (which i coulnt pay) , they charged me £30 three times plus £28 in jan and £28 in feb, thats nearly £150 just cus i couldn't pay £5 debit payment..... wow its stupid..... :o