Now I'm panicking - no reply to letter before court action!!!

James Emmett

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I sent my prelim letter and my letter before action and it's been two weeks and no response at all from HSBC.

I received a response on the forum when I first signed up telling me to send my letters to

Mr Colin Langdale

HSBC

Service quality team

Arlington buiness centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

I am worried now that I have sent my letters etc to the wrong person and don't know what to do next.

I have ordered the small court claims kit but should i just proceed with this or should i resend my letters to another contact?

I've started to panic!!

Please help me if you have time.

All the best

James:eek:

Hiya James,

fear not, they just don't have the time to talk to us these days I think! Very few people hear from them before the court stage.

As long as you have read the FAQ's fully and you are clear about what you are doing, go ahead, get the claim filed. You will be into the money soon! Have a read through some of the threads on here...we've all panicked at some stage but as yet no-one has had to go all the way!

(ahem, with the claim I mean!)

Good luck, there's plenty of help here

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

I found in the past that HSBC tend to ignore the deadline you give them and respond in there own time, I have also sent an LBA letter to them and increased the deadline to 28 days as it took them 21 days to respond on my previous claim, this time they still missed my deadline taking 30 days to respond.

Whiz_bit

Thanks everyone - just got back in from work and it's great to have my mind eased about this. I will read through all the FAQ's and also my small claims kit when it arrives. I'll then go for it as soon as i feel ready and in the meantime I'll copy my letters customer services just in case.

I'll sleep better tonight.

Any more advice at this stage really welcome.

Thanks

J:smile:

Just to add to above, not a squeak to my plrelim, LBA, MCOL (other than acknowledge) I was beginning to think HSBC had all gone on holiday !!

It's the norm it seems - must be swamped by all the claims - all together AWWWWWWWW !!!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)