Parking Eye ANPR PCN - overstay - Aldi Chelmsford Parkway, Chelmsford, CM2 7PX ***CANCELLED BY ALDI***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Advise needed please ...

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 16/02/2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] cant remember exactly

3 Date received Give answer here

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? YES

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] YES

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up YES .. Declined twice

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Aldi Chelmsford Parkway, Chelmsford, CM2 7PX

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Popla

i drove to Chelmsford, and my friend advised me to shop at Lidl there,

Normally I shop at a Tesco in my local area,

My friend advised that Aldi is way cheaper..

On getting there the weather was changing, I had my very young son who has lots of airways and breathing issues,

i was in the shop for quiet a while as i was not familiar with the lay outs , and brands,

by the time I finished it was raining heavily , i did not have an umbrella with me, decided to to wait a bit for the rain to ease out as I didnt want to subject my little son to this ,

Apparently there is a maximum 1hr 30mins parking, I spent  1hr 55mins ..

To be honest I did not notice the parking warning signs in the car park as the weather was bad .. until i received the PCN (photo evidence ).

I have appealed but they declined,

I attached My Son's Great Ormond street hospital letters as he even had appointments within days of the contravention,

I also attached Aldi proof of purchase receipt. 

I did n't realise until last week when i was going through the appeal response again that They referred me to POPLA .

by that time the Popla timing has lapsed.

I appealed again, with more explanation and hospital letters and proposed to pay the initial £45..

I received their email today insisting that I now owe £70 and must pay .

Below is their response. 

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 16 February 2020 at 13:36, at Aldi Chelmsford Parkway car park.

We recently sent you correspondence, informing you that the above Parking Charge remains outstanding and has now been processed for further action. This is because we understand you did not complete an appeal to POPLA within the period stated in our notice of rejection.

ParkingEye provided all relevant information that would have allowed you to make an appeal to POPLA and had you done so, we believe any questions you may have held would have been answered.

We must therefore inform you that the amount of £70.00 remains outstanding from you.

If payment is not received, this case will be reviewed for further action which may include referral to a Credit Reference Agency to confirm the correct address, instruction of solicitors to secure payment, referral to debt recovery or the issuing of court proceedings, all of which will incur further costs.

Yours faithfully,

ParkingEye Legal Dept.

(Payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by visiting www.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to the address detailed below (you must quote the above reference on the reverse of the cheque or postal order).

Hi welcome to CAG, shame you appealed as you gave up POFA protection by ID ing driver, however thanks for posting up the answers, the team will be along soon with suggestions.  As you spent money in Aldi might be worth contacting Head Office outlining the issue, as PE are a particularly nasty bunch, and that you are so appalled you will as a new customer avoid Aldi in future

The original planning probably has a 3 hour time limit also, but others will be along soon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - overstay - Aldi Chelmsford Parkway, Chelmsford, CM2 7PX

can you post up the PCN/NTK to one multipage PDF please

bothsides

read our upload guide carefully

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you still got proof of payment?

Yesterday and Monday we had two successes on the site where motorists ignored any crooked appeals procedure and instead got on to the CEO of the supermarket chain, who instructed the PPC to cancel the charge.  It wasn't Aldi but the same principle applies.  Go for it, explain about the rain and your son and the fact you're a new customer so spent a long time in the shop looking at the range of products.

The sooner this is done the better.  If POPLA had been involved IIRC the PPCs have to spend money at POPLA and so would have kicked up a fuss about cancelling, ironically it's better that POPLA weren't involved!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

FTMdaves suggestion is a good one, my local Aldi are good at sending PE away, but deffo Head Office with the idea planted that when PE go to County Court Aldi will look bad due to the sick child element that will look stylish (not) for Aldi in the local rag, and BBC Local news.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

very telling comment by the PE

However, please be advised that this did not
meet the discretionary criteria set by the landowner in this case

that the criteria for parking is set by the landowner...i bet they have no contract with them but a managing agent..and i bet there is no criteria at all listed in it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why are you continuing to write to a bunch of crooks?

The supermarket chain have the power to call their dogs off.  There have been numerous successes on the forum using this strategy, including two this week.  Get on to the CEO of Aldi!

• 2 weeks later...

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

dx

and they

Okay .. Sorry thanks

Phew !! 🤩

This did NOT drag at all !!  I wrote to Aldi CEO attaching purchase evidence and hospital letters, they responded within 72 hrs that they will authorise CEL to cancel the PCN (attached), today I got the cancellation letter from CEL  .

UP CAG for life !!🙌

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE ! Panic over !! HAPPY  DAYS 😊

• FTMDave changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - overstay - Aldi Chelmsford Parkway, Chelmsford, CM2 7PX ***CANCELLED BY ALDI***

Many thanks for the PDF.  This will be a very useful example for future Aldi customers caught in the same trap.

Is this group fantastic?  Modestly - YES 🤣

And so are you and your son for standing up to these fleecers :yo:  Sadly too many motorists give in which is why the crooks are still in business.

Yes they are fleecers.. I actually proposed to pay £45 ! But PE declined and insisted on £70 .. i actually logged onto their site, brought out my card to pay up 🙃 .. but then i had a 2nd thought of how much food i could get for that and then remembered this group! So I decided to give it a go !.. nothing like a WINNING soul 🤩 

Hats off to CAG ..🙌⭐

• Like 2